Gaming PS5 vs Xbox Series S|X

Which do you think will release first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bojan11

I used to like you
Really? When the whole forum used to and still mocks you, I would gather the xboxers to defend you. It wasn’t that dumbo obsessed with breeding @horsechoker or the guy who spends his time writing shite not only on forums now, but in books too @Mr Pigeon.

Then you had to start throwing jibes. Glad that you were removed as moderator. You are also the reason that Olly left.

This was your last post to him. Warning it’s a bit graphic.

listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise this thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Really? When the whole forum used to and still mocks you, I would gather the xboxers to defend you. It wasn’t that dumbo obsessed with breeding @horsechoker or the guy who spends his time writing shite not only on forums now, but in books too @Mr Pigeon.

Then you had to start throwing jibes. Glad that you were removed as moderator. You are also the reason that Olly left.

listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise this thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.
See. You called horsechocker a dumbo but you only called me a guy. You're starting to like me, I can tell.

And I promise that my first book will be dedicated to you.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I can only see both these machines suffering from overheating issues off the bat, proper 4K, with the GFX effects they are touting in such a small form factor was always going to be hell to achieve, I certainly wont be buying either for at least 6 months.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
I can only see both these machines suffering from overheating issues off the bat, proper 4K, with the GFX effects they are touting in such a small form factor was always going to be hell to achieve, I certainly wont be buying either for at least 6 months.
That’s why the Xbox design is superior. Aside from the PS5 looking like something your mom would buy to purify the air with essential oils.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Small form factor? They're feckin huge.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
So Alanah Pearce, not sure exactly who she is but it was recommended to me on YouTube, pointed out an interesting thing. You can supposedly buy these via ‘xbox all access’ which seems to be a monthly financing option PLUS game pass. So the series s will be $25 a month and the series x will be $35 a month. That means minus the $10’a month for game pass and you pay your consoles off in 2 years. Like a mobile phone. This makes the console names make sense - it mirrors phone names and how year on year they are iterative and seem to have a less powerful and more powerful version. So maybe after 2 years we will now see the Xbox series x2 which is slightly more powerful than the series x etc etc.

Quite a few journalists have been expecting this to happen for a while ever since the xbone x and PS4 pro were announced.
Interesting that. Iterate me up baby.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Small form factor? They're feckin huge.
Compared to a gaming desktop they are small, there is very little room for ventilation and air flow. Espeialy given most people will want to shove them places where they shouldn't really live.

That’s why the Xbox design is superior. Aside from the PS5 looking like something your mom would buy to purify the air with essential oils.
I agree their "air tunnel" looks the best for cooling, I still think both will suffer problems for the more hard core gamer. I am a PS fan but I agree it hideous.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
This may be the first time ill buy a console since the SNES. Ive been a PC gamer exclusively until now but when i consider upgrading my gfx card will cost about as much as one of these new consoles and the consoles look likely to compete fully on the capability level now - it ll be hard to resist.

Don't mean to politicize this thread but Im not making any "large" purchases though until I know Donnie lost the election. I have a list of things to invest in, including a new car as a celebratory thing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Compared to a gaming desktop they are small, there is very little room for ventilation and air flow. Espeialy given most people will want to shove them places where they shouldn't really live.
I'm sorry but you're wrong. The PS5 in particular uses a new I/O chip that Intakes air, purifies it and Outputs conditioned air that cools down the machine. The little thing on the back of the new Xbox that looks like a spirit level is actual concentrated liquid coolant that drips slowly onto the other components and serves the same purpose. You need to replace the fluid in the Xbox but they've already covered this with their Game Pass which physically passes new coolant through fibre optic into your home.

In the event that you don't have fast enough broadband Microsoft have put another contingency measure in place by making sure you rarely have your Xbox turned on due to there being no fecking games to play on the thing.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I'm sorry but you're wrong. The PS5 in particular uses a new I/O chip that Intakes air, purifies it and Outputs conditioned air that cools down the machine. The little thing on the back of the new Xbox that looks like a spirit level is actual concentrated liquid coolant that drips slowly onto the other components and serves the same purpose. You need to replace the fluid in the Xbox but they've already covered this with their Game Pass which physically passes new coolant through fibre optic into your home.

In the event that you don't have fast enough broadband Microsoft have put another contingency measure in place by making sure you rarely have your Xbox turned on due to there being no fecking games to play on the thing.
It will be cheap components, with relatively poor quality control, this happens every time a new first edition console comes out, people say they will be fine but time and time again they are not. This is the biggest leap in tech for a long time, I don't really care if you agree or not, the proof will be on release. Both consoles are trying to take PC gamers to consoles for a fraction of a price an equivalent PC would cost, full genuine 4K with all the bells an whistles? Yes they will get there but the release consoles will be noisy and hot as feck.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It will be cheap components, with relatively poor quality control, this happens every time a new first edition console comes out, people say they will be fine but time and time again they are not. This is the biggest leap in tech for a long time, I don't really care if you agree or not, the proof will be on release. Both consoles are trying to take PC gamer to consoles for a fraction of a price an equivalent PC would cost, full genuine 4K with all the bells an whistles? YEs they will get there but the release consoles will be noisy and hot as feck.
...admit it. You didn't read past the first sentence, did you?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
...admit it. You didn't read past the first sentence, did you?
Of course i did, your saying the Xbox has effective liquid cooling at 4K, all in for the same price a PC GFX card would cost for the same outcome (not to mention PSU, motherboard, CPU etc? Like I said we have different opinions and only time will tell. Were both the PS4 and XBone not riddled with issues on the foundation release?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Of course i did, your saying the Xbox has effective liquid cooling at 4K, all in for the same price a PC GFX card would cost for the same outcome (not to mention PSU, motherboard, CPU etc? Like I said we have different opinions and only time will tell. Were both the ist PS4 and XBone not riddles with issues on the foundation release?
psst, the whole post was a joke.

An actual joke, not like "christ that post was shit" joke.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hi, I'm Mr Pigeon and my entire life is a joke hahaha......*sobs*

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
No worries. Mr Pidge rarely makes posts in that style so it is an easy mistake.
Yeah @InLevyITrust usually I share a really crap and unresearched opinion on something and then get pissy when people call out my mistakes.

A bit like @Bojan11 whenever @esmufc07 points out what an idiot he's being when discussing, well, anything.

Bojan11

Yeah @InLevyITrust usually I share a really crap and unresearched opinion on something and then get pissy when people call out my mistakes.

A bit like @Bojan11 whenever @esmufc07 points out what an idiot he's being when discussing, well, anything.
I was going to say you made some valid points. But now i am going to discard that. Screw you pigeon and can’t wait to buy 100 copies of your book to shit on.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I was going to say you made some valid points. But now i am going to discard that. Screw you pigeon and can’t wait to buy 100 copies of your book to shit on.
Woo! That's 100 guaranteed sales of Escape from Blexor V already in the bag! And to think my parents told me that I would never be a success when they dumped me outside of an orphanage when I was 17.

Bojan11

Woo! That's 100 guaranteed sales of Escape from Blexor V already in the bag! And to think my parents told me that I would never be a success when they dumped me outside of an orphanage when I was 17.
You always would amount to a bum. I could have told you that when you were born.

Adamsk7

All Access 24 months confirmed at -
£20.99 Series S
£28.99 Series X

includes Live, Game Pass Ultimate and soon EA Play (formally EA access)

that’s a bloody good deal! Think I’ll sell my One X, pocket the cash and get an X over 24 months

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It does feel like Sony is taking a break from beating up on Xbox.... It's been getting hard to watch.