PSG | 2018-19 Club Thread | Season over

Eric7C

PSG players' goal celebrations from the Dijon game:

Something is not quite right. PTSD?

Last edited:

As we might get excited about Champions League tonight and fantastic result for Juventus, we should also note PSG won against might Dijon 4-0, sending a massive statement.

:lol::lol::lol:
Nice to see them back to being the best team in the world.

MrEleson

Ligue 1 should go back to having a factor of 1.5 for Golden Boot points rather than 2 like the other big leagues. No way Mbappe would be scoring as easily in la liga or the premier league. When did it increase anyway? I remember them having a 1.5 factor as recently as 15/16 when Ibra scored like 38 league goals but was insignificant in the points scoring for the golden boot.

Ligue 1 should go back to having a factor of 1.5 for Golden Boot points rather than 2 like the other big leagues. No way Mbappe would be scoring as easily in la liga or the premier league. When did it increase anyway? I remember them having a 1.5 factor as recently as 15/16 when Ibra scored like 38 league goals but was insignificant in the points scoring for the golden boot.
It's always been the top 5 leagues with the x2 multiplier. France was 6th until the 16/17 season, Portugal dropped down.

MrEleson

It's always been the top 5 leagues with the x2 multiplier. France was 6th until the 16/17 season, Portugal dropped down.
Oh makes sense then. There really should just be a top 4 leagues then for these points rather than top 5 imo.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
On BeInSports which is basically PSGTV, there is a weekly show called " This is Paris".
They recap the previous game, preview the next one and show various interviews.
On this week's episode they went to broacast the episode of 2 weeks ago which was when they beat us at OT :lol:
Apparently they're still in shock over there

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Christ, it's not like they went out to some small club. You sometimes lose and go out in these ties, it's not the end of the world.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Another cringey news regarding PSG :lol:
After their elimination, Rabiot (who hasn't played all season, won't play ever again for them and will leave for free) was criticized massively for being caught on camera being in a nightclub and because he liked a post by Evra.
Now Rabiot is on a layoff before eventually dismissing him completely after a decisive meeting with him and his representative :lol:

BalanceUnAutreJoint

So should the Bundesliga then because every single attacker who goes from Ligue 1 to Bundesliga suddenly starts to scoring more.

Schneckerl

You might remember Neymar and Cavani arguing over a penalty last season - we are back for part 2 this time featuring Mbappe and Di Maria:

Canagel

imagine being the manager of psg and controlling all these egos. players can do whatever they want. who's the leader?

Normandy

Supports
Montreal Impact
Does anyone truly care about this? Unless you are a player who might get a bonus for winning this why would you?

El Zoido

I guess P$G have some people on the payroll in CAS also..
Money talks. Realistically what’s going to happen with these super rich clubs? Ban them from CL for a decade? Ain’t gonna happen. It’s all pointless.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Money talks. Realistically what’s going to happen with these super rich clubs? Ban them from CL for a decade? Ain’t gonna happen. It’s all pointless.
UEFA prefered to follow the mafia orders rather than comply with their own rules to try and harrass PSG further. There was no way this would hold up before a neutral court.

Wal2Fra

What’s the feeling with the owners? Is this a long term project for them? Or will they piss off once the World Cup is over.

Sadly the sheikhs at Man City look likely to stay for a while. I just don’t get that same feeling with PSG owners.
Rio Ferdinand did a small thing with PSG recently and was talking to Tuchel about the owners.

Based on what was said, the owners seem very happy at the club. They love the lifestyle of Paris, including the fashion scene. This influences the decisions they make at the club. They are trying to turn PSG into a brand like the NY Yankees or Red Sox and other large American sports clubs that have merchandise everywhere.

The deal they have with Jordan is exclusive to the club for 3 years (and they want to get this extended) and has seen an increase in their merchandise and the Jordan/PSG logo around Paris, even amongst people who are not fans of the club.

The club and owners have big goals, winning the champions league being the biggest but they also aim to beat Lyon's run of 7 league titles in a row.

This is clearly a long term project for them and on the whole they seem to be doing well (champions league bottling aside)

#00F

Supports
Barca
Good to have a few cash-rich clubs outside of EPL. Otherwise all good players will just go to EPL. Neymar going to PSG is more preferrable to me than say going to United or City. Need to have some balance.

Johnny Love

Rio Ferdinand did a small thing with PSG recently and was talking to Tuchel about the owners.

Based on what was said, the owners seem very happy at the club. They love the lifestyle of Paris, including the fashion scene. This influences the decisions they make at the club. They are trying to turn PSG into a brand like the NY Yankees or Red Sox and other large American sports clubs that have merchandise everywhere.

The deal they have with Jordan is exclusive to the club for 3 years (and they want to get this extended) and has seen an increase in their merchandise and the Jordan/PSG logo around Paris, even amongst people who are not fans of the club.

The club and owners have big goals, winning the champions league being the biggest but they also aim to beat Lyon's run of 7 league titles in a row.

This is clearly a long term project for them and on the whole they seem to be doing well (champions league bottling aside)
There's no denying that in terms of branding they are an absolute success so far.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Fecked 5-1 by Lille and Tuchel has lost his cool.

Last edited:

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
When I saw the score, I had to do a double check :lol: Good, feck em.

IrishRedDevil

Lost the French Cup last night.

PSG were 2-0 ahead within 20 minutes, the game then finished 2-2 after 120 minutes.

Rennes won 6-5 on penalties.

Member 90887

Surely Tuchel will be fired ?

Even without a manager that PSG team would have won the title.

I'm not saying he should, but by PSG's standards, he probably will be.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Surely Tuchel will be fired ?

Even without a manager that PSG team would have won the title.

I'm not saying he should, but by PSG's standards, he probably will be.
He should be sacked though due to not winning either cup and CL campaign was weak.

Always said TT was a hilariously overrated manager.

flappyjay

That night in Paris cursed both teams we have both been rubbish since that day

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Sad season for them.

The current board surely are tired of winning Ligue 1 (PSG don't even have 10 ligues yet so I still see it as an accomplishment).
1-3 vs. United fiasco + VAR paranoia. "Poor me / Us vs. the world" attitude.
Cup final fiasco.
Mbappé probably moving to Zizou's Madrid in 2020; all the money in the world is not enough if your player wants to move to another team.
Neymar an spoiled out-of-control injury-prone cnut. I doubt he'll stay at PSG for long.