PSG - 2021/22 | French Spurs?

iKnowNothing

PSG have assembled a strong team on paper. They should win Ligue 1 Uber Eats this year. With the stars they've assembled already and with Messi likely to join, anything less than a CL win will seem like a massive, massive under achievement.

Will PSG win the CL this season? Is Poch the right man to lead them to a CL victory? Is Messi the missing piece of the jigsaw for their CL run?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
TBH looking at their best 11 it isn't that strong. Obviously the front 3 is world class, however Verrati is the only great CM they have, their wingbacks are wank and Ramos is 35. I don't their team is as strong as I thought it was, but obviously they have good shot at all the highest honours.

Hulksmash

PSG Sponsors:

Accor ( Accor is largely owned by Qatar ). There are also Qatar Airways, QNB (Qatar National Bank), Ooredoo, QTA (Qatar Tourism Authority), BeIN Sports.

I understand now how they money laundering to avoid FFP

Idxomer

TBH looking at their best 11 it isn't that strong. Obviously the front 3 is world class, however Verrati is the only great CM they have, their wingbacks are wank and Ramos is 35. I don't their team is as strong as I thought it was, but obviously they have good shot at all the highest honours.
Hakimi is arguably the best wingback in the world.

justboy68

You rise or fall to the level of your competition. PSG's problem in the CL is playing in a slightly weaker league, week in, week out. Of course they are always going to be a contender with their players but if they were tested like teams in the PL or La Liga then they would have already won a CL by now most likely. Then outside of that competition no one will really care, same as now.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Honestly not winning CL would be a massive failure on their part. Even if Mbappé leaves

Nobody comes even close to them in terms of talent

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Why did they keep Poch when they didn't even win the league last year?

iKnowNothing

I’m interested to see how they perform - it’s either going to elevate Poch to Pep levels or he’s going to be labeled as a underperformer.
Reaction of Poch fanboys is going to be interesting too.

Swiftm93

however Verrati is the only great CM they have, their wingbacks are wank and Ramos is 35. I don't their team is as strong as I thought it was, but obviously they have good shot at all the highest honours.
Wijnaldum? Hakimi? Then they also have (Ander Herrera, Paredes, Gueye, Rafinha)

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
They have a great squad and a shit manager, so expectations will be set too high.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I still don't think they have good enough depth. Their left back position is poor and their midfield outside of injury prone Verrati is average.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Hakimi was a great addition for PSG. With the likes of Ramos, Donamura, Willie, and perhaps Messi, he might fly under the radar. But he is the type of fullback Pochettino loves and will be a key part of his team.

I believe they need to get their midfield sorted out and left back. That is the only weakness in their team. Watching their first game, Herrera seems like their best midfielder at the moment :lol:. Pochettino needs an industrious midfield because we know that front three if Messi is included won't offer any support defensively.

Verratti
Di Maria - Wiljinaldum

Or
Parades/Gueye
Di Maria - Verratti

Should be their midfield structure. However against tougher opposition Di Maria will have to be sacrificed for either one of Willie, Gueye, Parades or maybe even Herrera.

Pochettino will have to do a lot if tinkering as it is the first time in his career that he has quality players in depth. If he gets his midfield selection right, then he will win the champion league this season. That is if he gets Messi.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don't see the balance in their team. As incredible as Messi is, a team with him, Neymar and Mbappe seems impossible to pull off against high class opposition. You'd have to a really top class midfield and backline, defensively. Generally you need at least one forward who will put in the hard yards. At Madrid, Benzema did it. At Barcelona, during the MsN period, Suarez did it. Under Pep at Barcelona everybody did it including Messi but he's not that player now. And Neymar and Mbappe aren't those kind of forwards either.

Seems like a video game move which may not work out in reality.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't see the balance in their team. As incredible as Messi is, a team with him, Neymar and Mbappe seems impossible to pull off against high class opposition. You'd have to a really top class midfield and backline, defensively. Generally you need at least one forward who will put in the hard yards. At Madrid, Benzema did it. At Barcelona, during the MsN period, Suarez did it. Under Pep at Barcelona everybody did it including Messi but he's not that player now. And Neymar and Mbappe aren't those kind of forwards either.

Seems like a video game move which may not work out in reality.
They have enough, they have always been unbalanced and still managed a final appearance where they lost by one goal and had plenty of chances to win, and a semi-final where they collapsed after one good half in the first game. They've gotten more reinforcements since then, they have more depth and balance than they ever have since the Mbappe/Neymar deal.

I still think this top-heavy concept of recruitment hasn't proven to be a success, but they have as good of a chance as they ever will, and that was before Messi was even a possibility.

Infra-red

Top heavy side, to say the least.

The front three is incredible, but the midfield and defence are, at best, mediocre.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Will Poch make it past Christmas...?

Loads of quality but potentially massive clashing personalities. Ramos, Neymar, Mbappe and Messi all in one team... Will probably score double digits in some league games but when things go wrong will go really wrong.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Top heavy side, to say the least.

The front three is incredible, but the midfield and defence are, at best, mediocre.
They have added Ramos and Donnarumma to that defence..they are just one Midfielder short in my opinion

Castia

That front 3 on paper is the best in the world and in the French league and against most European sides will rip them apart but there’s very little work rate in all 3, PSG we’re already carrying Mbappe and Neymar in defence I think they could struggle against the top sides.

Very attack heavy you can’t carry 3 players unwilling to track back no matter how good they are.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
It's weird to me that Mbappe wants to leave, and not be part of a Messi / Mbappe / Neymar front 3.

I know he wants to be the main man but jesus christ you'd be mad not to get involved with those two for a year or two.

IrishRedDevil

It’ll be a miracle if M€$$i, Mbappe and Neymar win the massive, prestigious French league.
So much competition they have to face :boring:

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
It's weird to me that Mbappe wants to leave, and not be part of a Messi / Mbappe / Neymar front 3.

I know he wants to be the main man but jesus christ you'd be mad not to get involved with those two for a year or two.
mbappe may change his mind

largelyworried

Unfortunate timing maybe, but he’s not going to sign a new long term contract and divert his career for the sake of a year or two with Messi. And while Messi has sod all to prove to anyone, Mbappe has to show he can do it in a proper league before he can be considered the new best player around.

Infra-red

They have added Ramos and Donnarumma to that defence..they are just one Midfielder short in my opinion
Two midfielders and a left back, in my view. Hakimi is great going forward, but can't defend to save his life. I've never really appreciated Ramos as a player but Marquinhos is top quality and I do like Verratti.

Mr Madrid and Mr Barcelona in the same team, both old and unlikely to have the same motivation they once had. Then add future Mr Madrid, ex future Mr Barcelona, and a manager none of them will have any respect for.

Its going to work brilliantly for a few months until one of them gets upset over something then it will blow up spectacularly. The Galacticos tactic never lived up to its billing with Madrid and I don't see it doing so here either.