PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaïfi implicated in kidnapping and torturing investigation

KungPaoChicken

Well if you have as much money as Nasser Al-Khelaïfi has you would probably be able to spend your money in such a way that you would never get caught. Therefore there cannot be any truth to this

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If true that this journalist had a dirt of the Qatary family, isn't it easier for them to just make this journalist "disappear" if they want to, instead of torturing then released him?
They have the money an power.

Last edited:

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
After watching Super League: The War for football, it would be surprising if this kicks off a bunch of scandals amongst the various power brokers at UEFA, FIFA and Super League proponents.

Can't wait for us to have to make the same excuses for these lot.

CG1010

The journalist never shared the "sensitive" information that led to the whole thing? I call bullshit.

Dan_F

Did he wield the whips and chains himself or did some pretty lady in black leather do it on his behalf?
I was going to make a joke about women not being allowed to do jobs like that in Qatar, but I think it might tip the thread over the edge.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Sportswashing even works if you don’t yet own the club, I see. The idea of possibly having your favourite club showered with dirty money is already enough for some people to argue for Qatar‘s sake.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sportswashing even works if you don’t yet own the club, I see. The idea of possibly having your favourite club showered with dirty money is already enough for some people to argue for Qatar‘s sake.
The sad thing is, having vehemently campaigned against it on here for over a decade they now don't even see it. :(

cyberman

TIL Qatari royal family and related financial brokers are a race.
Ah is that was these kind of people mean?
Sure let’s build a wall around OT, that’ll really keep them out. Make them pay for it as well.

cyberman

It's not, Qatari high people have torture in their blood
But this sounds ridiculous. I just read up on it, apparently it’s highly speculative and the victim has changed legal council multiple times because he isn’t happy with the legal advice he’s getting. The case doesn’t seem to be strong behind the headlines.
People really need to step back a bit and not view superficial stories like these wins for their sides or they’ll be owning the libs next.
I’m sure justice will be served either way it goes

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I’d be a lot more convinced by the people crying racism, if some of them had seemed to care about literally anything else on the ethical spectrum, or hadn’t spent most of the last month arguing that everyone was a hypocrite and taking moral high grounds was pointless.

Seems like there is a line after all when it’s convenient.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
It's not, Qatari high people have torture in their blood
Newsflash: Authoritarian monarch families in absolute power are very likely to resort to drastic measures in order to keep their status quo. Don't know why you have to bring Qatar into it.

Smores

Where?
Is pointing out the madness between two extreme groups not a healthy position to be in?
You're not taking the middle ground though are you. You've for reasons one can only guess at decided to defend someone accused of kidnap and torture.

Qatar's powerful figures have a long history of detaining and suppressing journalists.

It may turn out to be bullshit but then that can be said of anything, people get very selective over what they'll try to claim as innocent until proven guilt. I'm sure in your case it's absolutely nothing to do with the possible ownership. Not at all.

cyberman

Right. High ranking state officials notoriously suffer harsh consequences after investigations from other countries.
If it were that important wouldn’t have been squashed by now?
Say he’s guilty and does get away with it, why torture him in the first place if literally nothing would ever be done about Qatar in French courts anyway? What was left to expose?
I hope the victims does get a shot at justice if even a fraction of it’s true. Especially if French high ups think they’re leaving PSG for England anyway and want to take a stand

BerryBerryShrew

Preach.

On another note, I read somewhere (no idea if the source was legitimate, though it looked and read reasonably enough) that the blackmail material is sexual in nature. It'd be tremendously funny if NAK turns out to be anything other than straight.
He is heavily involved in football. Owns clubs, is involved with FIFA/UEFA, heavily involved with the World Cup bid etc.

Young boys running round in shorts. I bet he likes that, doesn't he? Only he's thinking of what they'd look like without the shorts. He's sitting there, imagining that, with a huge smile on his face. The dirty fecker.

cyberman

You're not taking the middle ground though are you. You've for reasons one can only guess at decided to defend someone accused of kidnap and torture.

Qatar's powerful figures have a long history of detaining and suppressing journalists.

It may turn out to be bullshit but then that can be said of anything, people get very selective over what they'll try to claim as innocent until proven guilt. I'm sure in your case it's absolutely nothing to do with the possible ownership. Not at all.
Where have I defended them?
You’re seeing what you want to see, that’s why the middle ground is seen as defending them to you. That’s why you associate my stance with wanting the Qatar bid when I have many posts on here detailing exactly why I don’t want them in. I’m not surprised you go down that route to be honest, it’s easier to diminish my questions by blindly claiming Qatar money. Says a lot really and why I’ve taken this stance.
I’ll give you an example. I spent a lot of time last week asking posters why it was weird our new owner could be a United fan. They talked over me quoting each other how absurd my questioning was, how the fecking FT was in on it, stupid points that you’ve just made about wanting Qatar money etc etc. now it turns out he was brought in to fund the Red Knights over a decade ago due to his support of the club.
Now thinking a story sounds absurd is me defending a kidnapper and torturer. It’s also the fact that dirty organisations need a clean face that they 100 percent would not want to get dirty or it could feck up the entire enterprise in play as well.
None of it makes sense to me and it’s not absurd to point it out