PSG vs Man Utd | Build-up Thread | Return leg Wednesday 06.03

Redlyn

They really don't.
Our schedule hasn't even been that gruelling! This forum is to quick to play the fatigue card.
Agreed that they shouldn't be tired, but that does not mean that they weren't. They clearly looked knackered in the last quarter, Pogba especially, feck knows why. Absolutely need to rest some vs Fulham. Our schedule is brutal from here on in with very few chances to rest our key players. At least we capitalized on the easy games, burnley aside.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Both Pogba and Rashford got knocks against Leicester, that's why they looked leggy. Herrera, Young and Matic had no problem lasting the whole 90. Lukaku probably just came from a bodybuilding show, so he was dehydrated and he looked dead after 5 minutes.

OldPop

Let's hope Herrera can do a job on Verratti. Maybe even get the Italians temper to boil over a bit :wenger::angel:
Verratti back in training, it scares me more than Neymar, he can create chaos with his quick turns. But Herrera can be the right person to get him out of balance with some well-placed tackles, at least he seems to be in good shape.

Shiva87

You clearly don't know what you're talking about. PSG with Neymar is a far better team than without him despite the recent circlejerk on the Internet about downplaying Neymar abilities and impact on that team.

Heck with Neymar in they would most have likely beaten Lyon. They trashed Lyon 5-0 the last time they played with Neymar in.
I didn't say he isn't brilliant. I just think that his absence is being overplayed. PSG have a brilliant squad and aren't as reliant on Neymar as people suggest. They have high quality deputies who will still cause us huge problems. The team will do well to not be carried away with all this probability nonsense. A kockout tie has only two results - win or lose. Probabilities don't make any difference.

We will have a tough tie and the defense will need to be on the top of their form. The clean sheet against Leicester is clearly a good start on that front.

Shiva87

He downplayed Neymar impact for that team which was my point. Saying that he doesn't think that it doesn't change or impact much PSG against us is exactly what grossly downplaying Neymar abilities and impact on that team is.

It's a recent circlejerk that's been going on the Internet where people just flat out start refusing to acknowledge Neymar obvious amazing abilities and go on tengants downplaying him. He's the bad guy who dives, a cheater etc so comes along this need for people to downplay him.

Despite all the noise people like to make, Neymar is still PSG best and most impactful player. People claiming that Veratti or Mbappe are equally impactful as Neymar have got that one wrong. Neymar is the better player and the more impactful.

Maybe PSG getting sent packing in the CL would serve as a wake up call to some.
This is exactly my problem. Now - even if we best PSG, people will put it down to Neymar being injured.

It doesn't suddenly become an easy game because he is gone.

I was very excited to see how Ole deals with the Neymar problem and am well aware of his abilities. I still think he (and not Messi) was the reason why Barca came back in that CL tie against PSG from 4 goals down.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
This is exactly my problem. Now - even if we best PSG, people will put it down to Neymar being injured.

I was very excited to see how Ole deals with the Neymar problem and am well aware of his abilities. I still think he (and not Messi) was the reason why Barca came back in that CL tie against PSG from 4 goals down.
Neymar is their best player but every team has injuries....only losers are using injuries as excuse.

Trizy

What's wrong with celebrating one's birthday?
Nothing wrong with celebrating it with a cake and maybe a few pints but inviting 500 people and having a dress code? He's an self obsessed man child.

It's a pity he's good at football, I doubt anyone would want to deal with his personality if he wasn't.

Siorac

Nothing wrong with celebrating it with a cake and maybe a few pints but inviting 500 people and having a dress code? He's an self obsessed man child.

It's a pity he's good at football, I doubt anyone would want to deal with his personality if he wasn't.
Meh, it's a convenient excuse to throw a huge party, something he probably enjoys. Nothing wrong with that.

Santoryo

ripping the reward

Is it a bad thing? I mean I see my cousins(female cousins mostly ) throw themed parties for their birthdays and whatnot. I've always thought them to be pretty normal.

SAFMUTD

Mbappe vs Young :lol:

On another note it's good to see OGS and Phelan in the stands preparing. Forget Poch I want these two to stay.
For all that has been said about Young he really got Hazard and Salah in his pocket in the last games. So I dont say it will be easy for him to stop Mbappe, but Im pretty sure he wont be destroyed.

Culero

The party was sponsored by Red Bull and Beats so no wonder the extensive invite and venue. Seems like a commercial obligation mixed with pleasure, win-win I suppose.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

That's pretty much everybody's opinion unless they didn't watch the game. Neymar being injured is obviously going to be a talking point, it's as if Pogba was injured for Manchester it would make a big talking point ahead of a European clash. If United beats PSG, it will be obviously used as an excuse or reason why that happened, but who cares? I would like to see PSG win, and I don't think an injury to Neymar is a valid excuse for not beating this United side. While your team is in a good form, I think we all agree they have as much in glaring weaknesses at the back as PSG has in the middle. So I don't think anyone really can use any excuse. The only frustrating thing about the Neymar injury is that it's twice in as many years that he goes missing on the only real games that he's been bought for at a world record fee.

I don't think anyone thinks it's an easy game for either side at this point (although I thought PSG would smash United back when the game first was announced and the team was managed by Mourinho), but it's a shame that we won't see Neymar play at Old Trafford, the guy was crying (like he often does to be fair) about wishing for a new metatarsal on his foot and you can tell it kills him not to get to play. It's just a damn shame, but I personally would not use that as an excuse to get bounced out by that United side, even under new management.

Charlie Foley

PSG going into extra time against Villefranche. Can’t hurt us to have them playing the extra minutes

Morpheus 7

Verratti couldn't finish the training session with PSG then, he's a doubt for there weekend game with Bordeaux, Tuchel confirmed. They are not sure about his injury today they said, have to wait and see. One thing is for sure, he's not going to be fully fit for this game on Tuesday, no way. I hope we press the feck out of them at Old Trafford. Should be a great tie.

Trizy

Could Lukaku some how be the answer to attacking their defense? He's a huge donkey and they won't be used of a striker his size.

Canagel

Could Lukaku some how be the answer to attacking their defense? He's a huge donkey and they won't be used of a striker his size.
No. Lukaku should be nowhere near the team. We should attack their slow backline with same pace and intensity that worked against Tottenham and Arsenal.

Trizy

No. Lukaku should be nowhere near the team. We should attack their slow backline with same pace and intensity that worked against Tottenham and Arsenal.
Isn't Silva rapid for a CB though?

NYAS

They’ll still have Paredes and depending on if they play 2 or 3 in midfield they’ll stick Draxler/Di Maria and/or Nkunku or a more defensive option in Marquinhos/Dani Alves.

Tuchel has never been that big on his midfield. They’ll still most likely have a solid 3 back-line with Kimpembe, Silva, and Thehrer/Marquinhos. Even if we win the midfield battle we’re going to have be incisive enough to penetrate that back-line.

I can see them coming here and going on the defensive which would be bad for us. We need to attack that defence with space and fast breaks, I think we’ll struggle attacking-wise if they sit back and the onus is on us to make the breakthrough.

yfoFC

Hi Chris, nice to meet you!
edit: just googled you, handsome devil
You had to Google Chris? Hope you not missing out on the amazingness that is the Marvel movies

OT; Verrati not being fully fit and neymar out is a great time to face PSG, let's get as much advantage as we can this first leg. 3-1 will do just nicely.