Gaming PSN Trophy level overhaul

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

New Trophy Levels

The first thing you’ll notice is the big change to your Trophy level. We’re increasing the Trophy level range from the current “1-100” to “1-999,” so following this update, your Trophy level will automatically be remapped to a new level within this new range based on the Trophies you’ve earned to date. For example, if your current Trophy level is 12, your new level will jump to somewhere in the low 200’s. The exact level will depend on the number and grades of trophies you’ve acquired. There will be no changes to the Trophies already earned or Trophy information, such as unlock requirements.

New Level Calculation Structure

We’ve implemented a new Trophies level calculation system that is more optimized and rewarding. Players will progress quicker through the early levels, and levels will increase more consistently. Platinum trophies will count more toward your level progression, making them even more valuable.

New Trophy Level Icons

With an expanded level range, we’re also updating the trophy level icon on PlayStation 5, as well as PlayStation App at a later date. Currently the Trophies icon is just a single gold star, but we’re adding a few variants:
  • Bronze: levels 1-299
  • Silver: levels 300 – 599
  • Gold: levels 600 – 998
  • Platinum: level 999
The icons will also have a subtle distinction to visually suggest how close you are to the next level.

Lastly, just for clarity, Trophies that you’ve earned on previous PlayStation systems will come with you to PlayStation 5, just as they have in previous generation transitions. The new Trophy levels will be reflected in all locations that Trophy levels are shown, including past systems, PS App and My PlayStation.

All of these updates will be automatically implemented on the system side, starting later tonight (North America) / tomorrow (Europe).

We’re committed to offering an even better experience for our fans as we head into the next generation of gaming. We can’t wait for everyone to start racking up trophies in all the amazing upcoming games that are launching on PS4 and PS5!
I'm currently level 14 (460 points from 15), so from that I'll be somewhere in the 200s.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I don't know what mine is and I don't really care tbh.

AaronRedDevil

Look forward to seeing what mine is. I’ve 25 plats. But now I’m kinda giving up trophy hunting unless the game is fun to play. More like Spider-Man less like Detroit.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I’ve got 10 platinums so I should be good right?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Look forward to seeing what mine is. I’ve 25 plats. But now I’m kinda giving up trophy hunting unless the game is fun to play. More like Spider-Man less like Detroit.
I only do platinums in the games I enjoy. Don’t do easy platinum. That’s just padding stats imo.

Well I did it once for game of thrones tt game and after I felt like I’ve cheated so I never did it again.

AaronRedDevil

I only do platinums in the games I enjoy. Don’t do easy platinum. That’s just padding stats imo.

Well I did it once for game of thrones tt game and after I felt like I’ve cheated so I never did it again.
Know what you mean. Done a lot of plats that we’re just brutal. Starting from the ps5 I’m just doing ones I enjoy.

Last edited:

Irwin99

I want to stop caring about trophies but it's just kind of nice to see those platinums stack up. At the moment i'm Level 19, with 37 plats. It would be nice if you got free stuff if you hit certain numbers.

Leg-End

I'm not massively into it but it all sounds much better, I have been on the same level for about a year now.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I'm not massively into it but it all sounds much better, I have been on the same level for about a year now.
Yeah, I think the idea is to make people feel like they're progressing faster and as such play more games.

French PS Blog accidentally revealed a feature early

It'll likely be included in the UI reveal.

GuyfromAustria

Sounds nice...my current level is 22, looking forward to the system.

I'd like to be able to not care about trophies, but it's just so damn satisfying to watch these things pop and to fill these empty bars to 100%. :lol:

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
I was looking at mine yesterday and got confused about what it meant. Sitting at 219 now.

I just like to get above 50% to make it feel like I did enough to see the game out. 75%+ makes me feel like I did a lot. Platinums are for masochists.

Raw

I'm currently at level 27 so it'd probably boost me up to around 400?
My hunch was about right, level 406 :D

I imagine it's largely due to my high platinum count, as I don't actually have that many games played. I always tend to get platinum trophies if it's reasonable, it's my way of getting as much out of the game as possible.

I've seen some people with like thousands upon thousands of them though which I find crazy. These people buy the bottom of the barrel games just to get an easy platinum, why even subject yourself to that?!