Pundits refusal to criticise Ole

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Rio’s been quite happy in the past to directly criticise Mourinho. Scholes the same with LVG. Like I get it, they played together so they have a loyalty to him. But as pundits it’s their responsibility to put that aside and call a spade a spade and not dance around it all the time.
There was no dancing around it last night. Their criticism was clearly aimed at the manager. Couldn’t have been more obvious. Yes, they didn’t use the words “I blame Ole” but they didn’t need to for it to be any more clear where they believe the fault lies.

And I find it weird the way so many fans are so bothered by them not wanting to personalise criticism of a friend. Surely that’s understandable? I also don’t know why it makes their opinions any less valid.

Dante

Average bang
Maybe, but mostly due to moments of brilliance form players. Other than that, it's the dullest I've ever seen us play.
Every manager has had brilliant players. The difference is that Ole allows them to express themselves. Which is anything but pragmatic. And in itself deserves praise for the manager.

If he'd settled for 1-2 against PSG, for example, we'd still be in with a shout of qualifying from the group today.

Dante

Average bang
There was no dancing around it last night. Their criticism was clearly aimed at the manager. Couldn’t have been more obvious. Yes, they didn’t use the words “I blame Ole” but they didn’t need to for it to be any more clear where they believe the fault lies.

And I find it weird the way so many fans are so bothered by them not wanting to personalise criticism of a friend. Surely that’s understandable? I also don’t know why it makes their opinions any less valid.
Exactly.

When they danced around blaming Mourinho or LvG it was seen as the punditry equivalent of a kick in the Travellers. But doing the same for Ole is somehow lacking in directness.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole is doing much better than Moyes.

He's also nowhere near as pragmatic as Mourinho or LvG. Ole's football has been the most exciting of anyone wince Fergie. By far.
I don’t find parking the bus & counter attacking that exciting. I like to see my team dominating games.

We’re not going to agree & it’s subjective so it’s fine.

Dante

Average bang
I don’t find parking the bus & counter attacking that exciting. I like to see my team dominating games.

We’re not going to agree & it’s subjective so it’s fine.
He doesn't just 'park the bus & counter attack'. That's a ridiculous assertion. We've dominated plenty of games. More so under Ole than anybody since Fergie.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

He doesn't just 'park the bus & counter attack'. That's a ridiculous assertion. We've dominated plenty of games. More so under Ole than anybody since Fergie.
Who have we dominated under Ole? I can’t think of any performance better than LVG or Jose’s best. None.

And don’t say 4-0 Chelsea or 5-0 Leipzig because we did not dominate those games.

Ludens the Red

I’m not saying they need to be so blunt about it but the fact they never mention coaches or managers or what we do in training directly when it comes to us is telling. Rio especially because Rio always talks about managers/coaches when critiquing a team.
And whilst it’s understandable, their job, the reason they’ve been hired is to NOT do that.
It’s all just emptiness because when the inevitable questions about whether something and what needs to change you know that Rio and Scholes will revert to things like ‘Woodward/the board/recruitment or Pogba ‘.

Fridge chutney

Ole is doing much better than Moyes.

He's also nowhere near as pragmatic as Mourinho or LvG. Ole's football has been the most exciting of anyone wince Fergie. By far.
Stop talking sense. Please embrace the hysteria of redcafe!

el3mel

That makes the thinking that Ole is getting slaughtered more than Arteta and Lampard is nonsense to me. Maybe when it comes to fanbase but in the media most pundits are afraid to point fingers at him whenever he does a terrible job. It will be the same for any ex player. They can't point fingers to a teammate.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
It’s because their main target is the ownership. Mourinho and Moyes also got protected, it was only really Van Gaal that wasn’t spared by the pundits.
Mourinho definitely got protected. The players would be accused of selling him out all the time. To be fair to Moyes, that team should have done a lot better to stick together and discuss the areas in which Moyes was lacking. It made no sense that such a team of winners put up with him like that.

el3mel

I don't see any sense in this post. Just yesterday we went on with 5 defenders and 2 DMFs trying to play for a draw from the first second. Absolute cowardice and ridiculous negative approach in our biggest game this season. Exciting indeed.

It's fun to play attacking football against some league minnows but if this is our approach when we want a result then there's nothing exciting about it.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The start of the Sports Bar last night on Talksport had the commentary of the goals with laughter in the background. They were seriously taking the p*ss. Perry Groves (ex-Gunner) basically said what a lot have been saying that Ole is out of his depth. Simon Jordan said it was a mistake when we first give him the job full-time. That again he was out of his depth.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I don’t see foreign pundits, I’m sure they criticise him because he’s not their mate. Over here, sky, BT, nothing. All of our ex players, from Neville, to Rio, to Scholes, to Keane, to Evra, to Hargreaves, nothing. The only one I’ve heard is RVP. Even the Liverpool lot, McManaman, Carragher, Souness, silence. Blame the board & players.

I don’t have contempt for the man, I wish him well. I have contempt for his management of my football club.

Why do the Ole In lot always make it personal? “You must just hate him” no, I just think he’s a shit manager
Sky and BT are regularly criticising him. They're pissing on the tactics, formations, style of play, everything. Those things are on the manager. Just because they don't shout OLE OUT every other minute doesn't mean they aren't criticising him. Journalists and all sorts of pundits are twisting the knife in at every opportunity. There's a reason why The Guardian a few days ago did a parody article on the over the top criticism Ole gets.

Your agenda in the OP is clear for all to see. Criticising him for every single signing and then shitting on him in regards to Bruno too ("refused to sign him 2019 because he was too busy chasing Longstaff"). Pure bullshit whataboutism. This is one of the problems with the tunnel vision Ole Out lot, the concept of balanced reflection doesn't exist in their heads. Can't even give credit to a signing he made without throwing in some snide remarks. Another problem is that they assume that just because someone doesn't share their tunnel vision then that person is "Ole In".

I want him to leave but at the same time I won't shy away from acknowledging that the squad is in much better shape than when he took over. Seeing the bigger picture isn't the same as being "Ole In".

Gabagoo

I have never known a time that there is so much toxic and vitriol towards our OWN MANAGER in my whole entire life supporting man utd.

Now we're UPSET because you can't see pundits (who you usually criticise for knowing feck all apparently) for not criticising Ole.

Dear lord this place has become a cesspool.
We want less bias, less romanticism, less nostalgia and less nepotism.

The one and only motivation should be supporting the club as a whole, no matter which of the old boys comes or goes.

Yes, people are upset that there isn't more internal anger directed at the bloke paid to get us progressing in tournaments. There is a blanket defence in every match in which we fck up, to immediately defend Ole by the usual "positivity" posters.

I'm one of those fans that wants the team playing exciting, aggressive football in every match.

I couldn't give a shit whether Solksjaer is here overseeing it or not. I just want more objectivity and far less sentimentality.

the chameleon

So does that make Ole the man to take us forward?

Do you really think that Ole is capable of leading us to a title?

Forget title, is Ole capable of getting more than 75 points in a season? Forget 95+ that City or pool were accumulating?

He's had a semi-decent run. Given us some highs and lows. Definitely more exciting than Moyes, Van Gaal or Jose's tenures.

But has he even reached the "highs" that Jose reached (whilst playing dull football)?

If you want Ole stay, what are the next things he must do in terms of achievements? Or should we continue going how are going right i.e. fluctuating between good games and bad without a sustainable run?

These are questions specifically for the Ole in fan club.

Hailee

I have never known a time that there is so much toxic and vitriol towards our OWN MANAGER in my whole entire life supporting man utd.

Now we're UPSET because you can't see pundits (who you usually criticise for knowing feck all apparently) for not criticising Ole.

Memories are short. Mourinho was just a while ago. Didn't hear you defending him like this

the chameleon

Every manager has had brilliant players. The difference is that Ole allows them to express themselves. Which is anything but pragmatic. And in itself deserves praise for the manager.

If he'd settled for 1-2 against PSG, for example, we'd still be in with a shout of qualifying from the group today.
The fact is that we're out. None of this luck based what would have happened. No one recalls the near misses or chances a losing side had. They lost.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He’s probably the most ridiculed manager ever amongst pundits, fans and on social media. Classic case of only seeing what you want to see because of your contempt for the man.

Some of the keyboard warriors on here could do with som fresh air for their own good.
Yep. It's pretty sad when our own fans are desperate for the manager to be criticised from all angles. Pointless having pundits at all if they should all fall in line and say the same thing.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Oh feck this shit. People criticise our players just as much as no one bats an eye lid. Stop placing everyone on a pedastal. In this line of work, no one is immune to criticism.

Oles a millionaire, as are the players, doubt he or them give a flying feck about the critcism they're receiving on the internet.

el3mel

What's an example of criticising the club then?
The manager is just an employee at the club, nothing more nothing less. It's the same as "support the club, support the manager", well no shite.. I can be supporting the club while wanting the manager out. Pundits can be criticizing the manager without slaughtering the entire club.

Time to deal with the manager position as every other big club dealing with. He's an employee and servant for the club, nothing more than that.

el3mel

Oh feck this shit. People criticise our players just as much as no one bats an eye lid. Stop placing everyone on a pedastal. In this line of work, no one is immune to criticism.

Oles a millionaire, as are the players, doubt he or them give a flying feck about the critcism they're receiving on the internet.
This guy talks about nothing in this forum except how toxic our fanbase and Caf is. He has been like this for ever. All his posts are like that.

I have exposed him previously :

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/redcafe-has-become-toxic-as-feck.458048/page-8#post-26192107

Literally all his posts and threads are all the same. I wonder why he even bothers replying on this forum if he hates us so much ?

Vault Dweller

He’s probably the most ridiculed manager ever amongst pundits, fans and on social media. Classic case of only seeing what you want to see because of your contempt for the man.

Some of the keyboard warriors on here could do with som fresh air for their own good.
Agreed, the stick he gets at times really is incredible. And as for pundits defending him, they do that for any United manager as they did for Jose and LvG.

Compare the lack of criticism Arteta gets compared to Ole, it's chalk and cheese.

dal

Maybe, but mostly due to moments of brilliance form players. Other than that, it's the dullest I've ever seen us play.
Bollocks.

Mourinho and Van Gaal had the same level if not more flair players than Ole and played worse football.

The blame lies with Ole, we should have qualified after game day 2 but let’s have some perspective.

I think he will get the season and rightly so.

RK

The manager is just an employee at the club, nothing more nothing less. It's the same as "support the club, support the manager", well no shite.. I can be supporting the club while wanting the manager out. Pundits can be criticizing the manager without slaughtering the entire club.

Time to deal with the manager position as every other big club dealing with. He's an employee and servant for the club, nothing more than that.
OK but I don't really understand why our fans enjoy watching people criticise our manager.

To me it's mainly an immature reaction where people are compelled to blame someone. When they see Ole slated in the media they are appeased, despite nothing but a toxic outcome. People get hurt by a result, they want to see Ole 'hurt' in retaliation. Childish.

Flexdegea

It’s never his fault. He’s not been backed. The board aren’t good enough. The players aren’t good enough. There’s truth in some of those statements but the Glazers & Woodward aren’t selecting the team. They aren’t making daft subs. They aren’t making Sunday league level tactical mistakes like keeping Fred on or telling Wan-Bissaka to stay narrow when we’re playing a back 5 or the shockingly bad implementation of zonal marking on corners. That’s all on Ole

I’m sorry but it’s nonsense. If this was Jose or Van Gaal the ex players on sky & BT would be hounding him out, but because he’s their mate he gets a free ride.

I’m sure most managers would love to be “not backed” with 250m spent in less than 2 years. He’s wasted most of that too. He’s bought one player who had made a big difference, Bruno, a player he turned torn in summer 2019 while chasing Longstaff & only bought because Pogba & Scott got injured.

The number of excuses made for him is a disgrace.

Have you been living under a rock he getting ripped to shreds everywhere on the media, tv and by the fans.

Take the Blinkers off

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think this is what happens when your mates are in the media.

There are few of Carragher's mates in management and he doesn't cover games with ex-Liverpool players as managers so we don't hear his opinion on them. So, if Stevie G came to premier league, would we hear Carra criticise Stevie G? Probably not.

It's a case of don't shit on your mates in front of everyone. It's hardly a crime and if you want to do it then fine but be ready to be Billy No Mates.

RedDevil@84

His mates are not going to criticize him, yet. It is nothing new. We saw that with Rooney. We saw that with many English players. Many of the pundits would not criticize English players. While at the same time deliver scathing attacks on non-English players.

However, many journalists have ripped him to shreds to the extent that even when things go well, they are attributed to individual players and not to Ole.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
There's no way his mates would criticise him on TV. No mates would do it. At most maybe they would make some comment implying his got the strategy wrong, in an indirect way etc.

Fridge chutney

I don't see any sense in this post. Just yesterday we went on with 5 defenders and 2 DMFs trying to play for a draw from the first second. Absolute cowardice and ridiculous negative approach in our biggest game this season. Exciting indeed.

It's fun to play attacking football against some league minnows but if this is our approach when we want a result then there's nothing exciting about it.
And? I agreed with the notion that we are overall more entertaining than previously.

Fridge chutney

So does that make Ole the man to take us forward?

Do you really think that Ole is capable of leading us to a title?

Forget title, is Ole capable of getting more than 75 points in a season? Forget 95+ that City or pool were accumulating?

He's had a semi-decent run. Given us some highs and lows. Definitely more exciting than Moyes, Van Gaal or Jose's tenures.

But has he even reached the "highs" that Jose reached (whilst playing dull football)?

If you want Ole stay, what are the next things he must do in terms of achievements? Or should we continue going how are going right i.e. fluctuating between good games and bad without a sustainable run?

These are questions specifically for the Ole in fan club.
Good questions, to which I don't know the answers. Time will tell. In my opinion, we should reassess at the end of the season.

el3mel

And? I agreed with the notion that we are overall more entertaining than previously.
And my opinion is that this doesn't make sense. Check our lineup and approach yesterday. We're still cowards when it matters.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Did the OP even watch MOTD yesterday? Scholes, Rio and Hargraeves were all questioning Ole's decisions. As for the rest of your post, try thinking for yourself rather than just repeating whatever Goldbridge says...

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Damien Duff didn't hold anything back that's for sure. Good man. How come he's not on BT?

Duff didn’t hold back when asked whether this United team are any closer to winning trophies.
“They’re way off. Even when you look at the bench, you’re looking for someone to come on and change the game.”

“I’ve never thought he was the Manchester United manager. I thought he was the perfect fit maybe as an interim manager after Mourinho.

“He lacks a bit of an edge, a fear factor. You should be scared of your manager, I don’t think you get that with him.”

“Even his post-match interviews at times, after they lose he is smiling and joking. You’ve just lost a game as Manchester United manager and he’s still happy go lucky.”

''It still doesn’t sit right with me (that) Solskjaer is Manchester United manager.

“You forget about last season. That 66 points got you Champions League spots but it’s usually 75/76. They only got it because of other people falling down.”

RashyForPM

This guy talks about nothing in this forum except how toxic our fanbase and Caf is. He has been like this for ever. All his posts are like that.

I have exposed him previously :

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/redcafe-has-become-toxic-as-feck.458048/page-8#post-26192107

Literally all his posts and threads are all the same. I wonder why he even bothers replying on this forum if he hates us so much ?
I think he’s Woodward, or Joel Glazer. I’m not even joking. Apparently only the people he deems should be criticised should be criticised, and that list clearly doesn’t include Ole.

Dante

Average bang
His mates are not going to criticize him, yet. It is nothing new. We saw that with Rooney. We saw that with many English players. Many of the pundits would not criticize English players. While at the same time deliver scathing attacks on non-English players.

However, many journalists have ripped him to shreds to the extent that even when things go well, they are attributed to individual players and not to Ole.
Rooney got a shit ton of criticism from English pundits when he threatened to leave.

The English media is uniquely harsh on English players.