Put a price on how much it would cost us to genuinely compete for the title

Roboc7

We’re as far away as we’ve always been since SAF left. The owners are incompetent, the senior leadership like Arnold and Murtough have profited from persistent failure and we still don’t have a proper recruitment team or system, the club is a complete mess.

In terms of players we need a RB, two midfielders, a RW and a striker. Plus significant improvement and consistency from a number of players we currently have.

ETH needs to improve as well, we still look like have no style or system and the same flaws never seem to be resolved by any manager.

RyRy11

However much it costs to get a quality DOF. Look at Newcastle, every transfer they have made since Dan Ashworth has come in has hit. Every signing we've made under ETH still has a question mark attached.

TheRedHearted

2 games in and it’s already obvious we will not be competing for the League this season.

Makes that 11 years without even a title challenge for the ‘biggest club in the World.’
It’s more about balance, our right side has no attack and our midfield isn’t there yet. I see what Mount can do though, he passes the ball forward when he gets it but when he drifts forward Bissaka has to shift into midfield and Antony (who was a lot better today) has to click or it’s time to use him as a “super” sub. I’m okay with ditching the 4-3-3 and play with another body in midfield and rashford and martial up top

48 hours

About 7 billion….6 to get rid of the Glazers, another 1 to give us a decent squad and not just an on paper good first team

Sylar

In hindsight, for an awful lot less than the money we've spent, we could have had a realistic (linked at some point) first team right now of

Onana

Trippier
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Caicedo
Casemiro
Bruno

Raphinha
Osmihen
Rashford

At the times we were linked with trippier, caicedo, raphinha and osmihen, collectively they would have cost no more than 120-140m.

Missing out on caicedo is one of the biggest mistakes this club has made in years, don't give a feck about his agents being difficult to deal with. Him beside Casemiro in this team makes us contenders IMO, plus a more reliable trippier and modern no.9....Raphinha was and always will be better than Antony, and cost around half. go figure.
If we had bought caceido for 5m I'm convinced based on what I've seen with other players, we wouldn't have used him like Brighton did, his game time would have been limited and he would have had some dodgy loan spells probably somewhere in Europe

Current caicedo obviously would have been fantastic but no chance he would be where he is with us signing him initially

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Here is an Idea how about let's not buy any more players on Ten Hag watch until it's proven he can get this team to play good cohesive football along with getting results then revisit this in next transfer window and see how to proceed .
Has it ever happened with any manager so far? We have just thrown money at one wrong player after the other to satisfy the managers whims.

Chicharo

It's not about money. We've spent shitload of money since SAF retired and bought around 50-60 players in 10 years and arguably only two of them have had a real lasting impact on the team so far.