Qatar 2022- Latest Corruption Allegations

emdee04

FIFA should give world cup only to countries that are 1-democracies with a perfect record on human rights 2-with a large population 3- and a very high HDI (developed countries).

It was a bad idea by FIFA to consider Russia, Qatar, Egypt, Morocco and South Africa.
Imo world cup should be hosted only by the likes of US, UK, Germany, Japan and France.
'World cup should be hosted ONLY by the likes of US, UK, Germany, Japan and France' wow, just wow!!

Reactions: SteveJ

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
FIFA should give world cup only to countries that are 1-democracies with a perfect record on human rights 2-with a large population 3- and a very high HDI (developed countries).

It was a bad idea by FIFA to consider Russia, Qatar, Egypt, Morocco and South Africa.
Imo world cup should be hosted only by the likes of US, UK, Germany, Japan and France.
In the name of the "human rights/democracy", some of the listed countries did support a change regime in Syria.

The issue is a process of regime change in the Middle East always generates chaos and mass murders :(

RoyH1

You forget the current top Nordic country Iceland.
I didn't include them because there's simply no way that they could justify having 2 venues that could hold at least 35000, which I think the other 4 countries could do (at least on temporary basis).

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
I hope the World Cup never goes to England or the US again. They're just so...boring.
Joking?

The US isn't even a footballing nation, imagine a world cup in the US where some American is so sick of "soccer" fans he gets a gun and kills 50 people. No country is perfect and no the WC should not be in Qatar either, they just get reject Brazilians to play for them and have hardly any football history within there country.
Disgraceful comment.

Also, football is increasingly popular here in the States. It's booming, and has a huge support base. Hosting the WC again would only further this.

Cal?

CR7 fan
'World cup should be hosted ONLY by the likes of US, UK, Germany, Japan and France' wow, just wow!!
I'd add a few more: Australia, most of western Europe... but not the most ridiculous notion.

Needham

At least they're no longer issuing visas for North Korean workers.

emdee04

I'd add a few more: Australia, most of western Europe... but not the most ridiculous notion.
Hosting the world cup shouldn't be exclusive to any nation(s) or continent(s). Any nation that can prove it's capable of hosting it should be giving the opportunity as long as they go through legitimate ways

Reactions: SteveJ

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hosting the world cup shouldn't be exclusive to any nation(s) or continent(s). Any nation that can prove it's capable of hosting it should be giving the opportunity as long as they go through legitimate ways
Depends on your criteria for ‘capable of hosting’ includes reasonable condition for fans, which includes reasonable laws for many things.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
like using slave labour to build stadiums?

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Joking?

Disgraceful comment.

Also, football is increasingly popular here in the States. It's booming, and has a huge support base. Hosting the WC again would only further this.
plus the infrastructure is pretty much there. no need to worry about enough stadiums or hotels etc

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
Not really. England and the US have some of the most broadcast sports leagues in the world, as well as a dominance of popular culture that means we see those stadia and cities on our TVs every week anyway. Other countries having the opportunity to be the centre of the universe for a few weeks is far more interesting and cool to me than just another big event in the US or England.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
Not really. England and the US have some of the most broadcast sports leagues in the world, as well as a dominance of popular culture that means we see those stadia and cities on our TVs every week anyway. Other countries having the opportunity to be the centre of the universe for a few weeks is far more interesting and cool to me than just another big event in the US or England.
Fair point.

AlwaysRed66

wow. US out of the WC in 2018.

still we will make the 2022 a great success.
That's the only way the US will be in it the way they are heading.

National News - Non footballing nation fails to qualify for the World Cup. They are hardly the Dutch.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern

National News - Non footballing nation fails to qualify for the World Cup. They are hardly the Dutch.
The US and the Netherlands have appeared at the same number of World Cups. This is the first time the US has failed to appear at a World Cup since 1986, compared to 2002 for the Netherlands.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.

honestly I have not followed their (US) qualifying games. My friend who sees all of them said the players have been poor. He did not blame the coach so much.

Still. I am surprised. There is so much Premiership football on tv and there are many young people who follow. I converted the sister of my daughter's friend into becoming a rabid United supporter. :)

A World Cup here will be a big boost.

AlwaysRed66

honestly I have not followed their (US) qualifying games. My friend who sees all of them said the players have been poor. He did not blame the coach so much.

Still. I am surprised. There is so much Premiership football on tv and there are many young people who follow. I converted the sister of my daughter's friend into becoming a rabid United supporter. :)

A World Cup here will be a big boost.
That may well be true, & also to many other countries as well, but myself & others find it completely baffling why a non footballing nation like the US who last hold the World Cup in 1994, would be more entitled to it than the home of football which last hosted the event in 1966.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
That may well be true, & also to many other countries as well, but myself & others find it completely baffling why a non footballing nation like the US who last hold the World Cup in 1994, would be more entitled to it than the home of football which last hosted the event in 1966.
nothing to do with entitlement.

First place. The US/Canada/Mexico bid came second to the Qatar one.
Secondly. It would be good for the game to be promoted in the US where there is all the money.
The game is picking up interest in a big way.

Personally I would want it to come back to the UK. Crazy we have not held it since 66.