Qatar Airways to suspend post flight gynecological exams

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Not forcing multiple women into invasive procedures that amount to being sexually assaulted would have been a start.

They could have questioned the passengers and conducted an investigation, you know the type of thing a civilised society would have done to solve this mystery.
Well, this seems normal but how do you stop 100 women from leaving an airport hub/connecting flights while you conduct "said investigation"

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Was it female agents who did the examination?
Don’t know, but wouldn’t surprise me if the assessors were all male.

e - there was a female nurse involved, but there is no mention of who did the actual sexual assaults.

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Don’t know, but wouldn’t surprise me if the assessors were all male.

e - there was a female nurse involved, but there is no mention of who did the actual sexual assaults.
I would be very sure there were female nurses, in those countries you don't have male doctors working on females.

What do you mean you don't see a right thing? Not abusing a bunch of women not obvious enough!?

This apologetic stance by some because of the horrible deed that triggered all this is truly barbaric.
Not forcing multiple women into invasive procedures that amount to being sexually assaulted would have been a start.

They could have questioned the passengers and conducted an investigation, you know the type of thing a civilised society would have done to solve this mystery.
I was never apologetic of what they did, they shouldn't have done anything in the first place because both options are bad (one ofcourse much worse than the other). Maybe questions would've been the better one but that wouldn't have solved anything. By the time the investigation would have garnered anything the woman would've left the country.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I would be very sure there were female nurses, in those countries you don't have male doctors working on females.

I was never apologetic of what they did, they shouldn't have done anything in the first place because both options are bad (one ofcourse much worse than the other). Maybe questions would've been the better one but that wouldn't have solved anything. By the time the investigation would have garnered anything the woman would've left the country.
Gobsmacked that there are actually female doctors in that country.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Given your racist views of Muslims it's no surprise you are gobsmacked.
:lol:

Your constant apologetic outrage opera any time someone criticizes your precious fairytale is embarrassing to read. Maybe get your fairytale out of the Dark Ages, then try to defend it. Your empty platitudes in this thread were as inevitable as the tides.

I truly feel sorry for you.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
:lol:

Your constant apologetic outrage opera any time someone criticizes your precious fairytale is embarrassing to read. Maybe get your fairytale out of the Dark Ages, then try to defend it. Your empty platitudes in this thread were as inevitable as the tides.

I truly feel sorry for you.
My fairytale :lol: you obviously don't know me well enough to say that.

I have a Muslim name, I look Muslim, I come from a Muslim country, and it's pricks like you who would judge me based on your racist views of a religion and anyone who sounds like a follower of that religion that makes me want to defend it and people who do follow it, though I'm not one of them myself.

So yea, though I'm not much of a follower in any sense, I still have to defend it because of how much danger these views put me and people I know.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
My fairytale :lol: you obviously don't know me well enough to say that.

I have a Muslim name, I look Muslim, I come from a Muslim country, and it's pricks like you who would judge me based on your racist views of a religion and anyone who sounds like a follower of that religion that makes me want to defend it and people who do follow it, though I'm not one of them myself.

So yea, though I'm not much of a follower in any sense, I still have to defend it because of how much danger these views put me and people I know.
'Danger?' Quite rich.

It's insane how everytime Islam is criticized, the racism card is soon played.

A fairytale can be fairly criticized & that doesn't always equate to racism. Just always appears so to those wearing rose-colored glasses.

Yawn at the outrage opera yet again. It's like clockwork.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Gobsmacked that there are actually female doctors in that country.
What a strange comment. Why wouldn't there be?

They earn significantly more there than they would in almost any other country and the women I know who live out there feel far safer than they did in any of their countries of origin (including multiple western European countries). One of them regularly goes to the beach in her bikini and walks around in revealing clothes and she feels fine.

If they want to raise their kids Muslim, they feel more able to do so in these countries too.

Not a country I personally would want to live in but some of the comments on here really are odd.

Awful actions by the airline and ones that don't even make sense.

For those saying as well that it must have been a woman (not that this would make it any better even if so) there are male gynaecologists in the middle east and I'm not sure that consent was really top of their priority list in this event.

Last edited:

Tarrou

I’ve dated two women who worked for Qatar airways, it sounded like hell working for them

stevoc

Well, this seems normal but how do you stop 100 women from leaving an airport hub/connecting flights while you conduct "said investigation"
Question them one by one then allow them to leave. I assume they were able to stop them leaving to forcibly conduct examinations on them.

Last edited:

stevoc

Have I read this story incorrectly? Weren't all the women on the plane detained and examined?

If so why couldn't they have been detained and questioned instead?

stevoc

Did you have a baby? No.

Genius
You don't think investigators questioning would be a bit more extensive? Plus getting a read on someone's body language under questioning?

How do you think Police/Law Enforcement actually conduct investigations/interrogations?

Cop ''Did you murder Mr Smith?''

Criminal ''No''

Cop ''Well ok then, we had to ask. I guess that concludes this investigation, you're free to go.''

Last edited:

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You don't think investigators questioning would be a bit more extensive? Plus getting a read on someone's body language under questioning?

How do you think Police/Law Enforcement actually conduct investigations/interrogations?

Cop ''Did you murder Mr Smith?''

Criminal ''No''

Cop ''Well ok then, we had to ask. I guess that concludes this investigation, you're free to go.''
I personally think they did this then moved to more extreme and odd measures, likely because they didn't get anywhere.

Not that I am condoning it but I highly doubt it went;

"Ladies, we found a baby in a bin, drop your drawers"

stevoc

I personally think they did this then moved to more extreme and odd measures, likely because they didn't get anywhere.

Not that I am condoning it but I highly doubt it went;

"Ladies, we found a baby in a bin, drop your drawers"
I admire your optimism mate.

Why do you think interrorgations wouldn't have got anywhere?

Murder on Zidanes Floor

I admire your optimism mate.

Why do you think interrorgations wouldn't have got anywhere?
Because if you're willing to dump your baby into a bin on a commercial flight, you're probably quite desperate to be rid of it, so will do anything and lie to people asking you questions.

stevoc

Because if you're willing to dump your baby into a bin on a commercial flight, you're probably quite desperate to be rid of it, so will do anything and lie to people asking you questions.
People who conduct interrogations are used to encountering people who lie, that's basically the point of an interrogation. The whole process is to get a sense if someone is lying, if their story makes sense and if it doesn't then bombard them with questions, try to trip them up into outing themselves, or break them down until they tell the truth all the while reading their body language.

Again wouldn't be a case of simply asking them if it was their baby and just taking a no at face value. Lying to an investigator isn't really going to help someone, if it did the prisons would be fairly empty.

At the very least questioning all the female passangers would have allowed the authorities to narrow down the suspects.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

People who conduct interrogations are used to encountering people who lie, that's basically the point of an interrogation. The whole process is to get a sense if someone is lying, if their story makes sense and if it doesn't then bombard them with questions, try to trip them up into outing themselves, or break them down until they tell the truth all the while reading their body language.

Again wouldn't be a case of simply asking them if it was their baby and just taking a no at face value. Lying to an investigator isn't really going to help someone, if it did the prisons would be fairly empty.

At the very least questioning all the female passangers would have allowed the authorities to narrow down the suspects.
You think these highly trained people are just on hand at Doha Intl Airport?

Abizzz

Imagine being told you look like you just gave birth and it wasn't you...

The thing with this is it achieved nothing they couldn't have achieved otherwise, even if they found the "mother". Surely you can't give her the baby back at that point... so the only result of identifying her quickly is to be able to prosecute her quickly. A slow prosecution could have been done via DNA testing (and with much greater certainty). So essentially a whole lot of women were seriously violated in order to speed up the process?

stevoc

You think these highly trained people are just on hand at Doha Intl Airport?
Qatar is a tiny state, I'm sure some detectives could have been at the Airport within the hour.

It seems they had enough time to get some gynaecologists and conduct multiple invasive prodecures.

Since you've spent so much time defending their actions, I have to ask do you actually agree with Qatar's actions in this matter?

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Qatar is a tiny state, I'm sure some detectives could have been at the Airport within the hour.

It seems they had enough time to get some gynaecologists and conduct multiple invasive prodecures.

Since you've spent so much time defending their actions, I have to ask do you actually agree with Qatar's actions in this matter?
I've said multiple times I don't, so don't be crass

Just feel likely that this was just a cack handed attempt to find the mother of an abandoned baby rather than some nefarious plot to look at some clam.

stevoc

I've said multiple times I don't, so don't be crass
Well alright, but no offence mate your posts are coming across like they don't track with that opinion.

Just feel likely that this was just a cack handed attempt to find the mother of an abandoned baby rather than some nefarious plot to look at some clam.
Maybe I've missed something here but who has said that they think this is what this was all about?

And describing detaining multiple women and forcing them to undergo a very invasive procedure against their will as merely ''just a cack handed attempt to find a mother of a baby'' is an understatement to say the least.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

Well alright, but no offence mate your posts are coming across like they don't track with that opinion.

Maybe I've missed something here but who has said that they think this is what this was all about?

And describing detaining multiple women and forcing them to undergo a very invasive procedure against their will as merely ''just a cack handed attempt to find a mother of a baby'' is an understatement to say the least.
I get that and I agree, it is awful. I just probably think they went through multiple stages before getting to that stage. As I said before, I don't think they went just straight to inspecting private parts.