• Qatar

Votes: 961 62.8%
  • Ineos

Votes: 570 37.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lsd

The Oracle
I am beginning to fear we will not get new owners. Glazers are just looking for an investor. They never intended to sell majority. Come 2024 Glazers will still be the owners.

Don't tell me this thread will still be going then

klsv

I am beginning to fear we will not get new owners. Glazers are just looking for an investor. They never intended to sell majority. Come 2024 Glazers will still be the owners.
They want to celebrate one more league title with us before they go :drool:

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I just hope things do not jeopardise our plans going into next season, that's all.

Chairman Steve

I just hope things do not jeopardise our plans going into next season, that's all.
I don’t think it will and it really shouldn’t in my opinion. Transfers would be deemed a Business As Usual activity for a football club and the two bidders surely know they’ve got to cover it (and both easily have the money to cover it).

Apple won’t stop manufacturing electronics or designing new technology if they’re in the midst of an M&A event for example.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I don’t think it will and it really shouldn’t in my opinion. Transfers would be deemed a Business As Usual activity for a football club and the two bidders surely know they’ve got to cover it (and both easily have the money to cover it).

Apple won’t stop manufacturing electronics or designing new technology if they’re in the midst of an M&A event for example.
I wish it was that simple but I just get the feeling we're going to get fecked.

Will jeopardise until January IF it happens
It could be too late by then though. I don't want to be dropping silly points next season. To have the best chance of success, we need to be having our full squad for pre-season. Anything other than that has to be seen as a handicap, especially considering what other clubs will be doing.

I would be okay with not getting any material benefit until January if the club sale was confirmed before the start of the season. That's the best we can hope for now.

croadyman

I wish it was that simple but I just get the feeling we're going to get fecked.

It could be too late by then though. I don't want to be dropping silly points next season. To have the best chance of success, we need to be having our full squad for pre-season. Anything other than that has to be seen as a handicap, especially considering what other clubs will be doing.

I would be okay with not getting any material benefit until January if the club sale was confirmed before the start of the season. That's the best we can hope for now.
What do you mean by material benefit?

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I get that impression. I might be wrong but as I understand it, sir Jim is after a majority shareholding and having to borrow to get that. Thus the Glazers will still be on the board and we will still have some kind of debt

scottser

it's all so sordid isn't it?
it wouldn't surprise me if the qataris call the kinehans in as 'negotiators of last resort'.