Qatar World Cup: TV 2 Denmark reporter forced off air

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
ok didn't find anything, my bad.
It hasn't attracted a lot of attention (on here), as far as I can see.

But, yes, it has been mentioned.

Anyway, the response of the (what are they: police officers?) is interesting. What's the problem, exactly? Where exactly did this take place? Seems to be (like the reporter says) a public place?

ETA I see that officials have "apologized". Which is nice. Seems more than a little odd, though, that police officers (or whatever they are) would per default try to stop a TV crew from filming in a public place in a country that's hosting the biggest sport spectacle in the world.

Last edited:

Zico1982

On the surface, this is a small incident that has been blown out of proportions. The problem is, that it is really not. This is about freedom of press, which is apparantly not a given in the desert state. The World Cup should never have been given to Qatar. Fun fact. The reporter in the clip used to be my intern when he was starting in journalism.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Also some German TV hosts comparing the Moroccon team to isis because they are dumb ignorant fecks. Feck these cnuts.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
denmark is a shithole that doesn't have equal rights for its citizens and openly discriminates based on race, not surprised what they're up to.

Access to social housing, some of which has been earmarked for demolition, has been shut off to “non-westerners”, defined as being people from outside the EU, eight associated European countries, the US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.

People born in Denmark but who have a single “non-western” parent have also been included in the category of people subject to the restrictions.

However, after the Danish government’s decision to take in 100,000 refugees fleeing the war in Ukraine, a majority of the Danish parliament voted on Thursday to amend the law to exempt Ukrainians from such restrictions. Plans to demolish social housing in the targeted areas have also been put on hold to free up accommodation for Ukrainians.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
And these tw*ts were trying to give everyone else lectures on human rights :lol:
They should play the rest of their home games in those toned down kits.

Giggsyking

They apologised now, but who cares about their apology? We know it is just words they say to avoid being sacked. What they first said is the reality of the Danish media.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Can any Danes say if they are like the Fox News of Danish TV? Could be that they are an extreme right channel that wouldn't surprise locals with these stunts.

KristianKrystal

Can any Danes say if they are like the Fox News of Danish TV? Could be that they are an extreme right channel that wouldn't surprise locals with these stunts.
It isn’t. However the clip/comment is definitely out of place and to me it’s sound extremely akward.

Apparently they received a lot of complains and therefore had to apologize.

Giggsyking

All Danish channels are extreme right. Not only the channels, racism there is a bigger problem compared to Sweden that has less problem of such kind.

Giggsyking

It isn’t. However the clip/comment is definitely out of place and to me it’s sound extremely akward.

Apparently they received a lot of complains and therefore had to apologize.
out of place? It is fecking plain racist. Printing a monkey family on a glossy paper, putting it on cardboard and taking it to the studio, there is only one intention behind it and we all know what.

Pintu

All Danish channels are extreme right. Not only the channels, racism there is a bigger problem compared to Sweden that has less problem of such kind.
This scene reminded me of this. At 1:25. ”Är det en abe?” Meaning “Is this a monkey?”

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
And these tw*ts were trying to give everyone else lectures on human rights :lol:
A couple of morons in a TV studio aren't representative of an entire nation.

Using this logic, literally no nation on earth should ever highlight any human rights issues because there's always going to be an arsehole in that country.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany

Using this logic, literally no nation on earth should ever highlight any human rights issues because there's always going to be an arsehole in that country.
It was more a comment on the housing restrictions article. So yes, no government that has such blatantly racist laws (made more evident by them removing Ukraine as a restriction) has any right to talk about human rights, or be taken seriously in those discussions.

KristianKrystal

out of place? It is fecking plain racist. Printing a monkey family on a glossy paper, putting it on cardboard and taking it to the studio, there is only one intention behind it and we all know what.
What I meant is it is out of character from the TV channel.

Pintu

Denmark has more to apologize for than just two morons in a TV studio. They are very quick to support and legitimize whatever crap the US decides to do, such as participating in the invasion of Iraq based on fabricated evidence.

And speaking of the media, I don't want to generalize but I do watch their TV quite ofthen and I have seen more than once some blatantly racist bs against Palestinians expressed so casually that it's no longer noticeable.

Mike Smalling

Spot on. Idiot racist makes idiotic, racist comment on TV - condemnation of entire country follows. This complete lack of nuance does nothing good for anyone, except for maybe the egos of a few people on very high horses.

Not at all, every few months you hear some racist shit from Danish media.
Alright, since it happens to frequently, can you give me the most prominent examples from this year? Because I live in the country, and when I saw this, I didn't think of it as another example in a long line of racist incidents from Danish TV.

Giggsyking

Repulsive stuff from Danish TV.

Back on topic - why are TV crews being shut down in Qatar?
The crew was filming in a restricted area called Katara.

Listen again the security telling him KATARA
Katara is a private restricted area. Nothing to see here

Back to topic about the racist Danish media.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Please don't use the term "Danish media" when Denmark as a whole is a racist state.
Nice accusation. If the same were made about another continent, the thread would be shut down by now.