QPR v Manchester United (Friendly) Saturday 24th July 2021 @ 3pm BST | 4-2 loss

BarstoolProphet

Imagine if Elanga and Hugill had finishes these huge chances. Instead QPR showed high effiency and went up to 4-1 quick. Only really bad performances has been from Pereira and Williams. Not surprised about Pereira, but sad to see that Williams look miles off the player two seasons ago.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Don’t get why people are crying, the team won’t even look like this against Everton in a couple of weeks, we’ll have the first team back for Leeds.

JustAGuest

Why can't people just enjoy watching our young lads giving it a go?

I remember when you had to read the score of a pre- season friendly the next day in the paper
Better to moan and be miserable even though not more than two of these players will start for us once the season is underway...

Fooza

The 2nd string players like Matic, Heaton, James and to a degree Pellistri were subbed at half time when it was 1-1

Then they were subbed for Mata, Grant, Elanga and Grant

3 out 4 that replaced the 2nd string are youth team players
Not sure why you'd analyse performances based on score, when individually the 2nd string players played pants. Don't really care who came on for who and at what score and how many were youth.

I expect a lot better from the senior players/2nd string players.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really like the look of Garner and is it Levitt with him in midfield? Moved the ball much better since they came on.

lysglimt

Scout
If Maguire had played today - we would have won the game - I am actually pretty certain of it.

mav_9me

Would have expected better from Hannibal there.

Elanga has been sensational.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Not sure why you'd analyse performances based on score, when individually the 2nd string players played pants. Don't really care who came on for who and at what score and how many were youth.

I expect a lot better from the senior players/2nd string players.
You'll get an opportunity then, next month

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Shoretire and Hannibal are the only one i expect from this lot to make it.

hobbers

He's loaned 2 of those out (Lingard and Pereira) and is publicly trying to loan out Tuanzabe and Williams it's not his fault if other clubs aren't willing to pay the likes of Matic and Lingard upwards of 140k a week.
Yeh that's partly my point. Getting rid of deadwood actually has nothing to do with Ole whether it's successful or not.

Our club is just abysmal at setting values for our own players, giving contracts out like candy that are typically double or triple their market value, from De Gea all the way down to players like Williams and Tuanzebe.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Imagine if Elanga and Hugill had finishes these huge chances. Instead QPR showed high effiency and went up to 4-1 quick. Only really bad performances has been from Pereira and Williams. Not surprised about Pereira, but sad to see that Williams look miles off the player two seasons ago.
Wan-Bissaka disappointed me a bit, poor defensively today and another example of bad far post defending.

Dazzmondo

Thought Elanga, Hannibal, Shoretire and Garner looked quite decent when they came on.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Think that was a terrific workout for the lads to be honest.

Young players got a timely reminder that seasoned pros are not to be taken lightly

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
I know Elanga missed a couple of clear cut chances today, but I really like the look of him.

rooney2009

I’ve always liked and enjoy watching the u23s
They move the ball quickly and create a lot of chances
I have high hopes for Elangq,Shola and Hanibel
Hope they make it here

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Was Elanga playing LB for the last 10? He was superb, except for his finishing. Really has to score at least one of the two golden chances.

Perreira, Mengi and Williams were a bit diabolical. Given how 'experienced' the two senior players are, that's so disappointing.

Highlight for me is that we saw no drop in performance taking off Matic for Garner. I genuinely want that to be a permanent switch, Matic for me has been coasting for 24 months and offers virtually nothing except a mirage of a defensive shield.

wolvored

As I said last game these are just fitness games and a dozen of these players at least wont see any first team action when the season starts. Elanga looks decent though.