Quarter-final second legs

Drummer

He's still grinding things out but Jose looks very weathered....

Really think Madrid took its toll!!

mancan92

I know a lot of guys here don't like Jose but the truth is that the result was sensational 2-0 against a free flowing team like psg is really something especially when you know that you need to attack and lost their best player early on.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Chelsea before 2003 (98 years):
- 1 league title
- 3 FA Cups
- 2 League Cups
- 2 Cup Winners' Cups
- 1 UEFA Super Cup

PSG before 2011 (41 years):
- 2 league titles
- 8 French Cups
- 3 League Cups
- 1 Cup Winners' Cup

"plenty of history", "no history". And then you talk about successes.
Yep, but don't let facts get in the way!

Chelsea are a small club with little history. Their fan-base has quadrupled in size since Abramovich's arrival. Atmosphere again tonight at the Bridge was pathetic.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I know a lot of guys here don't like Jose but the truth is that the result was sensational 2-0 against a free flowing team like psg is really something especially when you know that you need to attack and lost their best player early on.
No chance. There was a 2-0 win that was "sensational" tonight. It wasn't in London though.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
He's still grinding things out but Jose looks very weathered....

Really think Madrid took its toll!!
If you think he looks weathered, don't want to know you think of Moyes after this year!

zing

Zingle balls
You didn't watch the game, did you?..

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Does no one else find the snobbery over which clubs have "history" quite sickening?

"You aren't entitled to success because you've not won as many trophies in your past as we have. So there!!"
I agree.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
How much was Cavani? He looks no better than Jon Walters.
He's a strange player. There's so many times I've seen him in the Napoli side tearing it up on a weekly basis and you could say he's a world class striker. He could do it all domestically, but its his presence on the European stage that let's him down. I've never been impressed when watching him for Uruguay either.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Thanks! That's good to know. You know why? Are UEFA rules different? I know he played in the Super Cup a couple of years ago but I thought it was an exception because of the a bit friendly like nature of the game.

Lu Tze

Now Chelsea, a club founded in 1905, have less history than PSG, a club founded by a group of rich businessmen in 1970...

:lol:

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Mkhitariyan has single handedly cost BVB this. Absolutely embarrassing finishing. Have to feel for BVB. They deserved to win by 3 or 4 today
I´ve got a question for the guys slating off Mkhitaryan here. Were you doing the same with Lewandowski when he bottled two 100% chances at the Bernabeu or Reus for doing the same? Of course not, especially the latter, who is the wet dream for a good portion on the CAF.

You single out a player after this team performance? The same guy who ran more than anyone else on the pitch, worked his ass off defensively (he was the reason we could play 4-1-4-1 because he always tracked back to help the DM) and intiated several chances. Are you kidding me? So he missed three chances, two of them extremely narrowly. That made his performance "pathetic" or "useless"? Watch the freaking game, people!

We outplayed the so called "white ballad" on every level today and we did it in an extremely crippled state. This game today was three times more impressive as the 4-1 last year. With a little bit of luck and a somewhat neutral ref we advance, but even then I´m freaking delighted, because what I saw in the last two hours filled me with outmost pride for my team.

A team build on hundreds of millions wet themselfes against a squad filled with players that the CAF would either write off or don´t even know.

This today was a showing of pure passion, spirit and team work and I won´t forget this game for a very long time.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted

Chelsea are a small club with little history. Their fan-base has quadrupled in size since Abramovich's arrival. Atmosphere again tonight at the Bridge was pathetic.
Exactly. I wonder if this Lu Zu or whatever his name is realises that Chelsea were in the 2nd tier for a lot of the 80's and used to get about 15,000 average attendance. They are the biggest glory hunter club around.

Dominos

A lot of teams tend to end up struggling after going into the 2nd leg with a substantial lead. Whether they're caught in 2 minds on whether they should attack or defend and it ends up in a nothing performance, the trailing team often seem to mount a fight back. Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid, Napoli, PSG have all been sufferers in recent years off the top of my head.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
I´ve got a question for the guys slating off Mkhitaryan here. Were you doing the same with Lewandowski when he bottled two 100% chances at the Bernabeu or Reus for doing the same? Of course not, especially the latter, who is the wet dream for a good portion on the CAF.

You single out a player after this team performance? The same guy who ran more than anyone else on the pitch, worked his ass off defensively (he was the reason we could play 4-1-4-1 because he always tracked back to help the DM) and intiated several chances. Are you kidding me? So he missed three chances, two of them extremely narrowly. That made his performance "pathetic" or "useless"? Watch the freaking game, people!

We outplayed the so called "white ballad" on every level today and we did it in an extremely crippled state. This game today was three times more impressive as the 4-1 last year. With a little bit of luck and a somewhat neutral ref we advance, but even then I´m freaking delighted, because what I saw in the last two hours filled me with outmost pride for my team.

A team build on hundreds of millions wet themselfes against a squad filled with players that the CAF would either write off or don´t even know.

This today was a showing of pure passion, spirit and team work and I won´t forget this game for a very long time.
I think people are just disappointed that Dortmund didn't make it. Very good display from you lot and the crowd.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That is the mark of a great fighter. A winner. You may not like Mourinho as a persona and his antics but he is a fighter who will surmount any challenge, any adversity. Sure, he will have tough times and bad days, but he will be back. And for that, he has my respect.
Surely trolling :lol:

mancan92

No chance. There was a 2-0 win that was "sensational" tonight. It wasn't in London though.
People constantly criticise Jose for doing well only when he can be defensive and counter. But in this game he had to get his team to stamp their authority and go out to win against a team that has been scoring goals for fun and even without zlatan they have a better team than Chelsea. But he managed to keep them out and get the goals he needed even without their best player coming off early. Bvb could freely go out and enjoy the game as most thought they were done, it's much easier to play with no pressure.

DiaboliQue

Why didn't Klopp use his other available substitutions besides Aubameyang? It was clear that Dortmund were running on fumes after 75-80 minutes. I really think they could have gone through if he had put Sahin and someone else in the game to bring some fresh legs.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Free flowing? :lol: did you even watch the match?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Great post, I feel bad for your team. Some achievement that would have been to even get to ET. With not even a full strength team, but a few more starters fit you would have beaten them convincingly.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea

Sorry, but that's a ludicrous statement. This post perfectly describes City but not Chelsea.

Whether we like it or not Chelsea are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Whichever way you look at it they're huge now. They consistently win trophies, they consistently do very well in Europe, they have higher revenues than the likes of a massive club like Liverpool and even Arsenal I think, they have a massive global following, and they can buy and attract some of the best players in the world.

If that doesn't constitute a "big" club and only history does than that's pretty dumb. It's only supporters who care or think about a clubs history anyways. I doubt Hazard or Oscar or any of these young players who joined Chelsea think about what happened before they were even born. They've only known one Chelsea and that's one who's been winning things and competing for as long as they've been alive.

Atmosphere pathetic? Every journalist I follow on twitter who were there said the atmosphere was excellent. It just sounds like you're super salty about it. I hate them as much as anyone, but you sound like a bitter Arsenal fan.

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
As nauseating as the Mourinho lovefest is he could well finish the season with nothing anyway.

It was inevitable they'd get their luck though, a deflected goal or deflected right into the path of one of their boys, it was bound to happen, it always does.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
A lot of teams tend to end up struggling after going into the 2nd leg with a substantial lead. Whether they're caught in 2 minds on whether they should attack or defend and it ends up in a nothing performance, the trailing team often seem to mount a fight back. Bayern, Dortmund, Madrid, Napoli, PSG have all been sufferers in recent years off the top of my head.
Yep. Add olympiakos to that list. 2-0, and 3-1 are all still dangerous leads. The leading team think they have gameplan set because they've got a substantial two goal lead, but one goal and everything can change, and it's usually the team chasing it that has it all going for them.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
As nauseating as the Mourinho lovefest is he could well finish the season with nothing anyway.

It was inevitable they'd get their luck though, a deflected goal or deflected right into the path of one of their boys, it was bound to happen, it always does.
Who himself finished in not the most clinical way.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes

Yeah Spa'

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
People constantly criticise Jose for doing well only when he can be defensive and counter. But in this game he had to get his team to stamp their authority and go out to win against a team that has been scoring goals for fun and even without zlatan they have a better team than Chelsea. But he managed to keep them out and get the goals he needed even without their best player coming off early. Bvb could freely go out and enjoy the game as most thought they were done, it's much easier to play with no pressure.
He managed to keep PSG out because Cavani is a tit.

PSG came and were happy to get a 0-0 or lose 1-0. It's not like Chelsea kept them hemmed in. They played like that through choice. Tonight was no masterclass from Jose.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Ah no.. A little dramatic though on looking back at the post, but not trolling. His record speaks for him and he certainly must have blasted his team after the first leg to get a fairly good performance and a win. He went for the win and got it. Winner right there.
"He went for the win". He was hardly going to turn up and play for the draw ffs :lol:

Snake Plissken

Aka LTS10
He managed to keep PSG out because Cavani is a tit.

PSG came and were happy to get a 0-0 or lose 1-0. It's not like Chelsea kept them hemmed in. They played like that through choice. Tonight was no masterclass from Jose.
He's the only coach in the world who get's the kind of acclaim he does. Any other side wins they'll be talking about the team and coaching stuff as a whole. Jose get's lucky and it's all about him with all the usual cliches about siege mentalities, reverse psychology, blah blah. Then when he sides lose, not a peep :lol: