Question Time & This Week

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The state of this question.
I'm wasn't sure if the episode was recorded before Young's attendance at that conference was known because Morgan's answer on that one is even more bizarre and cnutish than you'd expect from him.

Obviously condemnation of all party figures is needed but the outright deflection going on here is seriously weird. You'd think Young had just made one or two slightly off-colour tweets.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The tories should be smashing labour on their total lack of policy on europe, but they can't say too much without opening up their own divisions.
Well yeah, it's basically the problem for the two main parties at the moment. Both of them are trying to deal with the biggest issue the EU has faced for at least a half-century but are unable to articulate exactly what their opinions are on the matter. The Tories have repeatedly flip-flopped between hard and soft Brexit, often maintaining the former position but sometimes veering to the latter when the realities of the situation begin to hit them. Labour non-committal over it is basically tactical because they know taking a stance either way will be unpopular, but it feels like they're gonna have to commit one or the other at some point.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm wasn't sure if the episode was recorded before Young's attendance at that conference was known because Morgan's answer on that one is even more bizarre and cnutish than you'd expect from him.

Obviously condemnation of all party figures is needed but the outright deflection going on here is seriously weird. You'd think Young had just made one or two slightly off-colour tweets.
Yup, and the question even had "snowflake" in it ffs.
The state of this panel.
It's not great.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Christ, Dimbleby putting down Morgan for trying to run the show there.:lol:

Ubik

He fecking hates him :lol: total lie about never doing shows of hands but I'll allow it to annoy Morgan.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Christ, the more you listen to Morgan the more you realise how lacking in substance he really is. His point about Trump being a 'maverick' had nothing to do with actual politics and was basically an extended way for him to state the obvious.

Comedian wasn't too bad, nor was Miller. Tory and Labour representatives were fairly shite.

Ubik

Christ, the more you listen to Morgan the more you realise how lacking in substance he really is. His point about Trump being a 'maverick' had nothing to do with actual politics and was basically an extended way for him to state the obvious.

Comedian wasn't too bad, nor was Miller. Tory and Labour representatives were fairly shite.
Delingpole now on This Week, one of the few people that makes Piers Morgan look a man of integrity and class.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I'm not sure why we have comedians holding down a fairly regular slot on the panel at all (he wasn't even particularly funny). Why that trade more than countless others? How about a conservationist or scientist, on account of the plastic pllution story.

Miller was comparatively quiet it seemed to me, and most of what she said was predictable.

Last edited:

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I'm not sure why we have comedians holding down a fairly regular slot on the panel at all (he wasn't even particularly funny). Why that trade more than countless others? How about a conservationist or scientist, on account of the plastic pllution story.

Miller was comparatively quiet it seemed to me, and most of what she said was predictable.
I'd absolutely prefer to have more experts on the panel instead of comedians and charlatans like Morgan but it's pretty much the reality of the situation we've got insofar as they're clearly appealing for ratings ahead of quality content. Especially considering most of the actual politicians' answers tend not to even have an ounce of substance. The whole thing's basically a Jeremy Kyle-esque shouting match anyway.

Tyrion

Well yeah, it's basically the problem for the two main parties at the moment. Both of them are trying to deal with the biggest issue the EU has faced for at least a half-century but are unable to articulate exactly what their opinions are on the matter. The Tories have repeatedly flip-flopped between hard and soft Brexit, often maintaining the former position but sometimes veering to the latter when the realities of the situation begin to hit them. Labour non-committal over it is basically tactical because they know taking a stance either way will be unpopular, but it feels like they're gonna have to commit one or the other at some point.
In hindsight, Corbyn might have been better off narrowly losing the last election. If he had have narrowly won, he'd be kept busy with Brexit and would struggle to pass anything he'd want to domestically. Now he can keep quiet for a year or two and blame the Tories for anything that happens because of Brexit and possibly win a larger majority.

Ubik

They can be sacked from the government, or have the party whip removed, but they can't be sacked as an MP unless they're jailed for more than a year.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
I always thought Sir Howard Davies was a cnut as FSA chairman, but he just perfectly shot down PFI.
You outsource to companies with much higher borrowing costs than the government, assuming their efficiences make up the difference, They don't and it would be cheaper to go firect.

Jippy

Staff
I just showered, so am watching this on delay. Floral woman saying damn banks (which have been legally forced to tighten their balance sheets and lending rules) for not dishing out cash to distressed small cap companies. Gah, you can't win.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I just showered, so am watching this on delay. Floral woman saying damn banks (which have been legally forced to tighten their balance sheets and lending rules) for not dishing out cash to distressed small cap companies. Gah, you can't win.
Bloody hell these months are flying by.

Ubik

Aargh, Davies sounding good, but I'll never forgive him for concluding third runway at Heathrow is best.
You're not one of that Boris Island lot, are you?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Come on, saying that if nurses were predominantly men they'd get paid more, that's pathetic. The male nurses get paid the same as the female nurses, they're on a pay scale.
Indeed. And female porters get the same as male porters. What struck me was the inherently sexist statement about porters being male from someone who was trying to appear anti-sexist.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Aargh, Davies sounding good, but I'll never forgive him for concluding third runway at Heathrow is best.
I'm pretty happy about that personally, and Heathrow is my nearest international airport.

Mind you, we lived only a couple of miles from Manchester Airport, the planes used to fly so low over my primary school, you almost felt you could touch them.

It was only marginally annoying in the summer when the French Windows were open, otherwise, it was fun living near a busy airport.

Edit: Actually, I think it's great!

Jippy

Staff
I'm pretty happy about that personally, and Heathrow is my nearest international airport.

Mind you, we lived only a couple of miles from Manchester Airport, the planes used to fly so low over my primary school, you almost felt you could touch them.

It was only marginally annoying in the summer when the French Windows were open, otherwise, it was fun living near a busy airport.

Edit: Actually, I think it's great!
Heathrow is a 20-30 min cab ride for us and Gatwick more an hour or so journey.

But you ever been to Syon House/Park? We took my mum there last year. It's near Heathrow- you had super-low planes virtually every 30-45 secs flying overhead. The noise was awful and the pollution bad.

https://www.syonpark.co.uk