R.I.P. Eric Harrison

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
His contribution to this great club not only cements his own legacy, but also how his vision and determination in youth helped spear head what would become over two decades of unprecedented success during the Fergie era. Rest easy now Eric you deserve it.

Wedge

Supports
a soft spot for Ajax
A very sad day. I hope the club marks this in a permanent way. We need to mark the contribution of people like Eric and Jimmy Murphy in a lasting way.

I'm all for giving an award in his name but we should be making a permanent marker for people that have helped build and maintain the club.
Would a statue at the training ground be fitting for both him and murphy?

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Listening to the Football Daily tribute episode, and it struck me with everyone talking about how much Eric would make the youngsters run, and how importance he placed on them being athletes - and how that transferred into Beckham, Butt, The Neville's etc, and even players like Savage who didn't make it with us. They all had incredibly engines, and could run for a full 90 minutes without seemingly getting tired... and how for some of them that became one of their biggest traits as footballers.

RIP Eric.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The biggest influence on our Youth vision since Jimmy Murphy. A statue or some sort of commemoration would be fitting to both though I think there is a Jimmy Murphy award already.

MikeeMike

Lives just round the corner from me. A sad loss indeed. His contributions to a Uniteds success can not be underestimated. RIP
Just a short story that his daughter told me once. She said that they would be driving past Savile Park (area in Halifax with about 10 football pitches). He would stop the car and just watch a random match, maybe Sunday league level. She said he had such a love of the game. Respected and revered is a rare trait in todays game and he will be always be both.

Reactions: Penna

Ryan Bobson

Just a short story that his daughter told me once. She said that they would be driving past Savile Park (area in Halifax with about 10 football pitches). He would stop the car and just watch a random match, maybe Sunday league level. She said he had such a love of the game. Respected and revered is a rare trait in todays game and he will be always be both.
Used to see him in the Plummet Line from time to time with my mate Lance

MikeeMike

Watching an MUTV program today and the players saying how much they owe to his guidance ..

Last edited: