Race for top 4 | Finito.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Reasonably confident we'll make it now

Getting knocked out of the Europa League a blessing in disguise. I don't think we'd be able to hold on to top 4 if we still had that to contend with as well.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
I see Villa getting a point against the Dippers.
Villa owe us big time after that ridiculous capitulation in the second half of the final game of last season. Big time. They better let us score 3 in 10 minutes.

Dan_F

they are our last hope for any help whatsoever. A win by us this weekend and then a villa draw would be great. Means just dont lose to BOTH chelsea and fulham.
If you’re talking about Liverpool sure. Newcastle still have to play Brighton and Chelsea away final game of the season. Going to Stamford Bridge last game of the season needing a win would be tough, regardless of form.

cyberman

If you’re talking about Liverpool sure. Newcastle still have to play Brighton and Chelsea away final game of the season. Going to Stamford Bridge last game of the season needing a win would be tough, regardless of form.
Chelsea are 15th in the home form table, the worst away team in the league scored 2 past them and got a result last week.
Why are we all suddenly talking up Chelsea?

Dan_F

Chelsea are 15th in the home form table, the worst away team in the league scored 2 past them and got a result last week.
Why are we all suddenly talking up Chelsea?
Because playing at a traditionally tough ground needing a win on the last day of the season will still be a challenge. Just like I don’t think we will walk all over them at Old Trafford. Newcastle drew at Leeds four days ago remember.

Anyway, let’s see what happens on Thursday first. Then concentrate on Bournemouth.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Villa owe us big time after that ridiculous capitulation in the second half of the final game of last season. Big time. They better let us score 3 in 10 minutes.
Villa will capitulate at Anfield.
Liverpool easy easy win.

at least 4-0

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
United have no business in the CL if we cant beat Fulham and Bournemouth and a shit chelsea

KingDeej

Supports
Newcastle United
Newcastle fan here and enjoyed this thread for a while seeing another teams perspective on the top 4.

I’m definitely in the camp of pessimism now though even though we both deserve it, Liverpool just always do these kind of things. I’ve never seen so much luck in my life.

We both have a 3 game season now and it’s ours to lose so just hope we get the luck they have in the last few months!

BorisManUtd

I could imagine Liverpool beating Villa 1/2-0 and then trash Southampton with 6 goals or something and in the end have better GD than Newcastle. They are capable of that.

Newcastle vs Brighton is huge. If Newcastle manage to win that, they've secured top 4 and all pressure is on us then.

Villa will have to get at least a point at Anfield to have a chance of European football next season so that gives at least a glimpse of hope in that game.

cyberman

Because playing at a traditionally tough ground needing a win on the last day of the season will still be a challenge. Just like I don’t think we will walk all over them at Old Trafford. Newcastle drew at Leeds four days ago remember.

Anyway, let’s see what happens on Thursday first. Then concentrate on Bournemouth.
But they’re not playing a traditionally tough team, they’re playing a team who are 15th at home form table and have won 1 out of the last 11 games.
You can’t just say it’ll be a tough game and have it be a tough game!
Newcastle will destroy Chelsea, it’ll be a bad day for Lampard for what he achieved with the club and you could say doesn’t deserve it but they will get battered. Newcastle will batter them worse than us because we could probably settle at say 2-0 but Newcastle love punishing teams for some reason.
Add in going to OT on the Thursday before and I honestly think it’ll get ugly

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We need 2 wins in our last 3 games to secure top 4 finish. Should be easy right?

Raw

We need 2 wins in our last 3 games to secure top 4 finish. Should be easy right?
Should be. Bournemouth, despite it being an away game, should really be a win for us. Then it's Chelsea at home where we hopefully can seal it by then because I really don't want us to be stressing out against Fulham on the last day of the season, right before the FA Cup final.

Dan_F

But they’re not playing a traditionally tough team, they’re playing a team who are 15th at home form table and have won 1 out of the last 11 games.
You can’t just say it’ll be a tough game and have it be a tough game!
Newcastle will destroy Chelsea, it’ll be a bad day for Lampard for what he achieved with the club and you could say doesn’t deserve it but they will get battered. Newcastle will batter them worse than us because we could probably settle at say 2-0 but Newcastle love punishing teams for some reason.
Add in going to OT on the Thursday before and I honestly think it’ll get ugly
Fair enough. Might as well cancel the game and dish out the points now. Cyberman has spoken.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Newcastle fan here and enjoyed this thread for a while seeing another teams perspective on the top 4.

I’m definitely in the camp of pessimism now though even though we both deserve it, Liverpool just always do these kind of things. I’ve never seen so much luck in my life.

We both have a 3 game season now and it’s ours to lose so just hope we get the luck they have in the last few months!
:lol: :lol: Classic Redcafe poster.

Dumbstar

Supports
Liverpool
Haha mate your a Liverpool fan and I bet even your bored of Liverpool at this point
It has been a season where I've not bothered to find a stream to watch any of our games. Absolute horror show. If it wasn't for the CL money I'd be happy to take a season off (we probably will anyway) and just focus on the league next season.

I think Newcastle are here to stay. If they buy some more decent strikers to complement Isak.

peridigm

Reasonably confident we'll make it now

Getting knocked out of the Europa League a blessing in disguise. I don't think we'd be able to hold on to top 4 if we still had that to contend with as well.
I’d have thought we could win it if we didn’t have to play any Spanish teams in the final.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Huge game for Newcastle tonight - win this and I think they've done it (they'll beat Leicester sleep walking).

Draw or Loss and I could see them not getting the 6 points required.

If Brighton hadn't lost to Everton I think they'd be in with a decent chance of finishing on 71 points with a win tonight - that result was a killer for them.

bosskeano

Huge game for Newcastle tonight - win this and I think they've done it (they'll beat Leicester sleep walking).

Draw or Loss and I could see them not getting the 6 points required.

If Brighton hadn't lost to Everton I think they'd be in with a decent chance of finishing on 71 points with a win tonight - that result was a killer for them.
tonight is the biggest game Newcastle has had since probably their promotion season back in 2017....if they lose or draw, they could easily miss out on the top 4 with how Liverpool are surging and our favorable last 3 matches

FerociousCorgis

by the time the games are over saturday should be interesting to see. prob between pool and united for sure. I dont care about the game in hand bullshit, i think if we lose and pool win we wont make top 4.

Remember the geese

by the time the games are over saturday should be interesting to see. prob between pool and united for sure. I dont care about the game in hand bullshit, i think if we lose and pool win we wont make top 4.
But then what happens if we then go on to beat Chelsea? Suddenly you do care about the game in hand?

cyberman

We’re the only ones who can bottle it now. :nervous:
Why has somebody got to bottle it?
so far the start of last 3 games for both of us have turned out routine as many thought they would. There were posts in here making Chelsea out to be a huge test for Newcastle.
It’s beach teams now. This is what we’ll get.

FerociousCorgis

Anything other than a win against Bournemouth will mean we will have to win against Chelsea and Fulham. We are perfectly capable of doing that.
we were perfectly capable of not losing to west ham or brighton. Been a couple of months since weve scored more than 2 goals in a game. Right now this squad is limping their ass across.

James35

Was really hoping Brighton would win tonight.

Maybe they get back into it in second half but can’t see it.

Let’s hope we are not 5th come Saturday evening.

Remember the geese

we were perfectly capable of not losing to west ham or brighton. Been a couple of months since weve scored more than 2 goals in a game. Right now this squad is limping their ass across.
We sure have chucked some silly points away recently. We are in a great position though. 2 wins needed against three very average/below average sides. Would much prefer that than hoping and praying like the scousers are doing.