Race for top 4 | Finito.

humdinger

4 out of our 7 remaining games are at home and on paper this was our hardest game although obviously the reality is Brighton away is the toughest. West Ham and Bournemouth aren’t the worst away games either.

tonight was terrible and we’re making it hard for ourselves but our run in isn’t that bad and there’s no need to panic with our home record.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Win the home games, we're fine. No need to panic.

talking robot

Didn't watch the game, but a point isn't a horrible result from the perspective of the top 4 race. We do need a win against Villa though, and that won't be straight forward.

Godfather

Imagine these bottlers in a title race.... Not that er will be in one in the foreseeable future but still. Crapping it for a top 4 spot

Remember the geese

We could have lost with a large margin. The second half was all Tottenham. We were bad passing out of defence. We should count ourselves lucky the scoreline stayed 2-2.
Yes, a point is not three points, but still I'm more than happy after that mediocre second half display.
It shouldn't have come to that. We should have had that game done and dusted by half time. Bruno missing a sitter immediately after they made it 2-1 as well. Nothing to feel thankful for tonight. Just a complete waste.

Remember the geese

Villa are one of the most in form teams in the league, if not the most

Brighton away is tough for everybody

West Ham have woken up a bit it seems and are playing well and it's away

Wolves and Fulham are awkward teams to play

Bournemouth will be fighting for their lives and away

Chelsea.... Will probably turn up but even if they don't we'll make their non existent attack look threatening
Oh we might as well just not bother turning up then!

LARulz

I swear you can do this for any team. Even a championship opponent
True but that doesn't take away these opponents are tough and based on our last couple months, we'll struggle against. I could think of many easier teams to play than Brighton and Villa at least

Are your mommy still washing your pants ?
Oof, what a burn

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Tottenham are now truly out, and Liverpool aren’t winning all of their games ffs.
We will give Liverpool a huge lift by losing to Villa or Brighton. Liverpool can easily win all their games. If they get within 5-6 points of us we will collapse. This team always does.

Infra-red

We needed 13 points from 8 games. We now need 12 points from 7 games.

I expected us to drop points tonight and I think we'll drop more against Villa and Brighton.

I reckon we'll need to win away at West Ham to make it.

Roboc7

I think it will be very close between us and Liverpool, they have 3 home games in a row and will win all of them I’m sure. We won’t get more than 4 points from our next 3 so what looks like a big cushion at the moment will be very different in about 10 days.

Siorac

We really really really need Liverpool to drop a couple of points somewhere. If they win all their games, they'll finish ahead of us.

always_hoping

That 2nd half performance whereby they gave a low in confidence Tottenham big confidence once again highlights this group of United players can be flaky against any team

At least a point was picked up tonight yet still work to be done to secure a top 4 finish and plenty of tough fixtures to play in the remaining 7 games. 14 points needed to be 100% sure of top 4 but of course it might take less points than that.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
A win at Spurs would have left me confident. Tonight's result leaves it wide open. In fact I would not be surprised if we finish 5th or lower now.

Our two games in hand are against Villa and Brighton. It would not be a huge shock for us to take no more than two points from those matches.

The gap between us and the chasing pack is going to vanish pretty damn quickly.

Djemba-Djemba

I think it will be very close between us and Liverpool, they have 3 home games in a row and will win all of them I’m sure. We won’t get more than 4 points from our next 3 so what looks like a big cushion at the moment will be very different in about 10 days.
If Liverpool win their next 2 and we get 4 points we'd be what?

5 points ahead of them with a game in hand and 4 games to go.

Thats a pretty good position to be in

Nero

So United v Villa is an extremely difficult game, but Liverpool v Villa is an easy win. Okay.

HarryP

A win at Spurs would have left me confident. Tonight's result leaves it wide open. In fact I would not be surprised if we finish 5th or lower now.

Our two games in hand are against Villa and Brighton. It would not be a huge shock for us to take no more than two points from those matches.

The gap between us and the chasing pack is going to vanish pretty damn quickly.
It is not 'wide open' for crying out loud, stop being ridiculous.

peridigm

If Liverpool win their next 2 and we get 4 points we'd be what?

5 points ahead of them with a game in hand and 4 games to go.

Thats a pretty good position to be in
I don’t trust us to not feck it up.

We’ll probably draw Villa and lose or draw Brighton. Then it will get squeaky.

Silverman

Please stop panicking FFS.
If we can't finish it from here, we may as well pack up and go home.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think Villa will beat us on Sunday. Would leave us likely going into the Brighton game next Thursday just a point ahead of Liverpool.

Barthez

We really really really need Liverpool to drop a couple of points somewhere. If they win all their games, they'll finish ahead of us.
You do realise that Liverpool are 7 points behind us having played 1 extra game? - They’ve just struggled past Forest & West Ham.
Liverpool can get a maximum of 18 points if they win 6 in a row taking them to a maximum of 71 points.

For us to get 72 points we need 12 points from 7 games so we can win 4 and still lose 3! - And that’s based on Liverpool winning every single game remaining.

Mmm-Qatarian

I think our performances at Old Trafford should see us over the line. It's not really acceptable that it's getting this tight though. This team's ability to cope with pressure is nowhere near where it should be.

Cloudface

We are 6 points clear with two games in hand. We just drew away to the fifth placed team after 120mins of a semi-final on Sunday.

The result was annoying but stop being a bunch of massive, crybaby fannies.

jungledrums

Like the one we just seen 2nd half vs. Spurs ? People keep mentioning the games in hand argument but that's irrelevant if you don't win them, which we don't. We have a horror schedule in our next 3 games, by the time we finish them there's a strong chance we are almost out of the top 4 already. Liverpool are going to win all their games, make as much fun as you want but with our form they are now favorites to get top 4.
Genuinely comical :lol:

Siorac

So you don't back us to pick up 12 points?
Not really confident of that at the moment. We're running on fumes and we'll have many second halves like tonight. Something like a 2-3-2 record in our last 7 games feels perfectly plausible, unfortunately.