Racism at Old Trafford

Based Adnan

https://www.skysports.com/football/...robe-into-alleged-racial-and-physical-assault

United's statement:
"We are aware of an alleged serious incident prior to the Club Brugge match on 27 February. We are cooperating fully with the police and await an outcome from their investigation."

CSG's statement:
"Controlled Solutions Group will comply fully with any investigation into the allegation of the assault or abuse by members of our staff.
"We categorically deny that any CSG staff were involved in an assault or abuse of any type on this individual, it is our opinion that this individual has made a totally false and fabricated account of assault or abuse against him by security staff.
"CSG will be fully compliant in support of any police or other investigation into these false allegations. We are extremely confident that there will be no further action by police or any evidence produced to corroborate this individual's claims following further inquiries. CSG will make no further comment on this issue".

Police Statement:
"Greater Manchester Police continue to investigate a report of racially aggravated public order and alleged assault on Sir Matt Busby Way, Manchester.
"Shortly before 8pm on Thursday 27 February 2020 it was reported that two men subjected a man to racist comments before assaulting him.
"An account was taken from the victim later that evening and officers have since been keeping in contact with him while working to gather further important information.
"This includes reviewing CCTV images from the area where the incident is believed to have taken place to try and identify those potentially involved.
"GMP takes allegations of this nature very seriously and is committed to exploring every possible line of inquiry."

sean9988

i remember seeing this happen as i was walking to the ground. i just assumed he lived on the other side of the ground and they wouldn't let him through with his bike! i was shocked when i saw this on twitter!

Based Adnan

i remember seeing this happen as i was walking to the ground. i just assumed he lived on the other side of the ground and they wouldn't let him through with his bike! i was shocked when i saw this on twitter!
If you really did see it then speak to the police

TrustInOle

Indeed. We should all be emailing the club demanding they terminate the relationship.
Worked for them for 2 years when they were under the name Controlled Event Solutions, and back then, was filled with a scummy lot. No test or requirements to work there, sit through a half hour video tape, fill out a questionnaire and you get the job, neber seen anyone rejected. Company bosses slack and don't really care if you just go onside an watch the game instead of working, would casually make snide remarks regarding people of other ethnicities to their face in groups, where everyone would laugh. Very racial undertones to almost all the supervisor's and head security. Shocking company really.

So this doesn't really come as a surprise for me and after the time i spent working there, only surprise is United still having a contract with them.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Worked for them for 2 years when they were under the name Controlled Event Solutions, and back then, was filled with a scummy lot. No test or requirements to work there, sit through a half hour video tape, fill out a questionnaire and you get the job, neber seen anyone rejected. Company bosses slack and don't really care if you just go onside an watch the game instead of working, would casually make snide remarks regarding people of other ethnicities to their face in groups, where everyone would laugh. Very racial undertones to almost all the supervisor's and head security. Shocking company really.

So this doesn't really come as a surprise for me and after the time i spent working there, only surprise is United still having a contract with them.
Based on what you've said here I am also surprised. They're getting a sternly worded email from a risk management professional tonight.

mu4c_20le

I worked with G4S and they aren't too far off. The problem is with the management, they are filled with bellends who set the tone for the rest of the staff. There are alot of good people there but sadly they are not rewarded for hard working or being honest, but by how much arse you kiss and how well you fraternize with the upper management.

TrustInOle

I worked with G4S and they aren't too far off. The problem is with the management, they are filled with bellends who set the tone for the rest of the staff. There are alot of good people there but sadly they are not rewarded for hard working or being honest, but by how much arse you kiss and how well you fraternize with the upper management.
Completely agree mate. Was a daily occurrence working there and seeing a snide comment from an employee be rewarded with a laugh an pat on the back. I left after being rejected a supervisor's role in favour of one of these chums.

The Red Thinker

Time for them to drop this agency. Football is global. Racism has no place at all in it. Old Trafford for me is a temple of glory. I don’t live in Manchester, but I’ve been to OT so many times and to think racism is a thing among stewards... makes me sick.

Cmon United. Make me proud. Drop CSG. Fecking Scum.

Foxbatt

Time to have a banner at OT. That's the best way for fans to show their disgust at this racist abuse. They are not United fans anyway so don't care about these young kids who work at OT.

Pav1878

Have just sent a strongly worded email of disdain to these bastards.

Had to use 'alleged' etc but let's face it, they probably were being racist and deserve everything coming their way.

Their homepage is a picture of old Trafford and it is clear that if they lose United as a client they are in serious trouble as a business.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Are you telling me the main entrance of Old Trafford has no CCTV? Bollocks.