Racism in Italy - even anti-racism is filled with racism

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
What more to it is there?
Well to start with all the historical and structural racism that gives these "stupid" racists, their thoughts and attitude towards minorities validation. The white people high up the power structure are not stupid to uphold the system that favors them and the people who are closely akin. Feck it, nevermind.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Scout
Actually I was thinking that the two were supposedly close friends when they were both at United and I wondered why i hadn't heard from him supporting his friend (perhaps they aren't friends anymore)
Probably because as a result, he will get shedloads of racist abuse from Juve fans and non-Juve fans. As for the white Juve players, they naturally wouldn't. It's really not that difficult to grasp, is it? It's so tiring to question victims or racism why they don't do more while not demanding more from their white teammates.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Well to start with all the historical and structural racism that gives these "stupid" racists, their thoughts and attitude towards minorities validation. The while people high up the power structure are not stupid to uphold the system that favors them and the people who are closely akin. Feck it, nevermind.
So there's nothing more to it then

top1whoisman

Scout
So there's nothing more to it then
No, there absolutely isn't. All the research and studies done on racism during all these decades basically have just one sentence. "All racism comes from people being stupid."

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Well to start with all the historical and structural racism that gives these "stupid" racists, their thoughts and attitude towards minorities validation. The while people high up the power structure are not stupid to uphold the system that favors them and the people who are closely akin. Feck it, nevermind.
That's pretty much every country in the world, if you think it's different outside and they give positions of power to minorities, i recommend you to travel more, cause it's even worse in countries like Japan, Korea, Singapore, and China.

top1whoisman

Scout
That's pretty much every country in the world, if you think it's different outside and they give positions of power to minorities, i recommend you to travel more, cause it's even worse in countries like Japan, Korea, Singapore, and China.
Please point me to the post where I mentioned this happens only in Italy or Europe?

red.knight

Imagine not liking someone because of their skin color? absolute saddos. It's unbelievable that the referee thought Lukako was the problem and shown him the red card but I'd like to think that this incident would trigger a change in attitudes by the Italian football authorities, but I won't hold my breath.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Imagine not liking someone because of their skin color? absolute saddos. It's unbelievable that the referee thought Lukako was the problem and shown him the red card but I'd like to think that this incident would trigger a change in attitudes by the Italian football authorities, but I won't hold my breath.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We're still parrotting out the usual "we don't want to punish many(and the clubs) for the actions of a few" bullshite. The vast majority of people here will openly say "oh, racism is like superbad!" one moment and the next they'll essentially equate it to calling someone a son of a b*tch

We deserve a full season of closed doors games

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Since it was seemingly missed on here, during the Rome derby there the usual anti-semitic chants from the lazio ultras as well as some german(!?!?!) dude showing up in the stadium wearing a "HITLERSON 88" Lazio jersey

top1whoisman

Scout
Since it was seemingly missed on here, during the Rome derby there the usual anti-semitic chants from the lazio ultras as well as some german(!?!?!) dude showing up in the stadium wearing a "HITLERSON 88" Lazio jersey
Yeah but Lukaku tackled someone and celebrated a goal.

mshnsh

There is overt racism which is rightfully criticised. This includes calling names and insulting people of colour.

Than there is covert racism. This is very common. People of colour are not given the same opportunity as whites. This sort of racism is accepted in white society.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
"Next time without Italy" is a quite common saying in some circles...
Nah, it's a direct reference to the apparently german dude showing up at the olimpico with the hitlerson 88 jersey. We're so fecking inept about fighting racism we let stuff like that happen

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
There is overt racism which is rightfully criticised. This includes calling names and insulting people of colour.

Than there is covert racism. This is very common. People of colour are not given the same opportunity as whites. This sort of racism is accepted in white society.
Ah but we're talking about italy here so no need for all the covert stuff. We're perfectly happy being openly racist. We even elected a racist, homophobic, transphobic fascist for PM!

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
No, there absolutely isn't. All the research and studies done on racism during all these decades basically have just one sentence. "All racism comes from people being stupid."
Yes. Finally you're getting it.

Andrade

Rebuilding Expert
Lazio support has always been a hotbed of fascist morons.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Lazio support has always been a hotbed of fascist morons.
Yep. Though unfortunately the far right wing ultras groups these days are becoming more and more common. Inter and Hellas Verona of course have always been that way, but even the Roma and Juventus ultras have gone that way...

And as a bonus, far right wing isn't even a prerequisite for racism - anarchists and even left wing groups do just fine being racist assholes too over here :(

Trophy Room

Racism is endemic throughout the world. We all have racial biases to varying degrees whether we like to admit it or not, and that’s the reality. Some disgustingly, express their hate publicly, some through the ballot box or other subtle means. Yes, what happened must be condemned but we all know nothing will change - it’s not politically convenient. You’ll never have right wing governments.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Racism is endemic throughout the world. We all have racial biases to varying degrees whether we like to admit it or not, and that’s the reality. Some disgustingly, express their hate publicly, some through the ballot box or other subtle means. Yes, what happened must be condemned but we all know nothing will change - it’s not politically convenient. You’ll never have right wing governments.
Have you checked Italy?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Actually I was thinking that the two were supposedly close friends when they were both at United and I wondered why i hadn't heard from him supporting his friend (perhaps they aren't friends anymore)
They were good friends before they were at United together. Travelled and holidayed together at times. However they seemed to have a falling out while they were here, as I believe their hanging out together ended during that time. Wouldn't be surprised if it was due to Lukaku being the teachers pet, sucking up to Mourinho and blaming everyone other than himself (despite being the worst performing player in the team), while Pogba was constantly having to deal with being made the face of everything that was going wrong from both Mourinho and the media in general. From the outside looking in Lukaku seemed to become very unpopular with pretty much everyone else in the playing squad. Which isn't exactly surprising considering his special treatment from the boss and his own mentality where he doesn't seem to accept ever being in the wrong.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well they're closing the stand for juventus next home game(Napoli)

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Well that’s just stupid. Surely buying an old jersey from Di Canio is much cheaper and has the very same effect.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Well that’s just stupid. Surely buying an old jersey from Di Canio is much cheaper and has the very same effect.
Di Canio is a textbook example of dumb people being fascists actually. Like he's not really fascist, he just thinks he is :lol:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
This is just petty, it would make much more sense for the illustration to depict mardona crowning kwara a fellow playmaking dribbling mastreo than an all out striker in oshimen.

Edit: his Nickname happens to be kvaradona too so there's that.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I wouldn't be surprised if racism played some subtle part in something like this, but that complaint just looks a bit stupid: for starters Kvaratskhelia didn't just create, he also scored as many goals as he assisted and they may just have picked him for that illustration, because he's much more similar to Maradona as a player.

Chairman Woodie

Surprise, surprise.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This is just petty, it would make much more sense for the illustration to depict mardona crowing kwara a fellow playmaking dribbling mastreo than an all out striker in oshimen.
It's beyond petty, these clowns denouncing or hinting at racism for the most inappropriate situations do contribute to the trivialization of the fight against racism. I fecking despise cnuts like that

top1whoisman

Scout
I wouldn't be surprised if racism played some subtle part in something like this, but that complaint just looks a bit stupid: for starters Kvaratskhelia didn't just create, he also scored as many goals as he assisted and they may just have picked him for that illustration, because he's much more similar to Maradona as a player.
Pretty much my thoughts as well. In the sense that Serie A probably wouldn’t have the courage to make that with Osimhen in the fear of the comments, but it’s not like Kvara is some rotation RB who didn’t have a huge role in the title charge.

The Original

Does that make any sense? The context is Napoli winning the league for the first time since Maradona last led them to it 33 years ago. If Kvara won some dribbling award then sure. But this is about being the main man in restoring Napoli to the top. Who had the most goal contributions? Who scored the deciding goal? Victor Osimhen in both cases. So on what basis would Kvara be identified as Maradona's successor? Just for having a similar dribbling style (which he really doesn't)?

I won't go as far as alleging racism on the face of this but it's obvious they've gone out of their way to make some point about Kvara being the face of Napoli when he's not merited it.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Does that make any sense? The context is Napoli winning the league for the first time since Maradona last led them to it 33 years ago. If Kvara won some dribbling award then sure. But this is about being the main man in restoring Napoli to the top. Who had the most goal contributions? Who scored the deciding goal? Victor Osimhen in both cases. So on what basis would Kvara be identified as Maradona's successor? Just for having a similar dribbling style (which he really doesn't)?

I won't go as far as alleging racism on the face of this but it's obvious they've gone out of their way to make some point about Kvara being the face of Napoli when he's not merited it.
Could be because Kvara is the new guy, winning the league with Napoli in his first season.

Mooza

Supports
Arsenal
It's beyond petty, these clowns denouncing or hinting at racism for the most inappropriate situations do contribute to the trivialization of the fight against racism. I fecking despise cnuts like that
It’s not petty at all. ‘Despising’ people for calling this out is ridiculous.