Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
So with Sane now signed and Jesus probably on the way as well there's no doubt Sterling will be leaving City within the next 2 years, where do people think he'll end up? Hes sure to cost a pretty penny wherever he does go
Neither Sane or Gabriel Jesus are all that. You act like they just signed Neymar & Hazard. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Sterling's first choice this season.

Jaybomb

It will be Sane RM and Sterling LM.

As much as some people (mostly Liverpool fans) want to see Raheem become this big massive 50m failure, it's not gonna happen. He's a good young player, probably England's most promising one. And his decision making and shooting will only get better. I expect him to have a good season under Pep.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It will be Sane RM and Sterling LM.
Are you implying Pep will bench one of De Bruyne or Silva? Can't see that happening to be honest.

Sane will probably be eased in, I don't think he's ready for first team football like Martial was last season. The price is just what you're going to pay for a very promising youngster these days, it certainly doesn't mean he's a nailed down first team regular.

Hammondo

He should be benched, been really poor for over a year now and has not proven he deserves the place.

Jaybomb

Are you implying Pep will bench one of De Bruyne or Silva? Can't see that happening to be honest.

Sane will probably be eased in, I don't think he's ready for first team football like Martial was last season. The price is just what you're going to pay for a very promising youngster these days, it certainly doesn't mean he's a nailed down first team regular.
It depends who's on form. Silva is getting older. De Bruyne will 100% be playing behind Aguero.

AR87

I don't think he'll bench Silva, but I also don't believe him to be the most ideal fit for Pep and at age 30 wouldn't seem to be part of their long-term plans. Could definitely see him get slowly phased out of the team over the course of this season and sold next summer.

Parry Gallister

I don't think he'll bench Silva, but I also don't believe him to be the most ideal fit for Pep and at age 30 wouldn't seem to be part of their long-term plans. Could definitely see him get slowly phased out of the team over the course of this season and sold next summer.
Wouldn't be suprised to see Silva become a casualty next summer, can't remember the last time he had an exceptional game for club or country.

Trizy

So with Sane now signed and Jesus probably on the way as well there's no doubt Sterling will be leaving City within the next 2 years, where do people think he'll end up? Hes sure to cost a pretty penny wherever he does go
He'll probably rot away at City like Nasri for the same factors; he's shit and he's on big wages.

Only club who would be stupid enough to buy him and pay his wages would be QPR if they were back in the league :lol:

sammyvine

Eh
Silva is the most Pep player in the squad
Great retaining possession, technically amazing.

Full bodied red

I think he's Athletic's very own Depay - both have plenty of apologists with promises that they'll 'come good in the end'

Can't see it myself as they both seem more fixated on lifestyle and flashy bling than on actually being quality, EPL players.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I still think he has it in him to be a quality player. His decision making went pear shaped last season, but his burst of pace and dribbling ability means that he'll always be a dangerous player. He's also quite strong. It's whether he can bring it together with good decision making and intelligent play, that is up for debate. I think he can.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
I think he's Athletic's very own Depay - both have plenty of apologists with promises that they'll 'come good in the end'

Can't see it myself as they both seem more fixated on lifestyle and flashy bling than on actually being quality, EPL players.
Except Sterling is much better.

prarek

I have a feeling he will do well this season.
Although i just realised they signed Jesus and Sane. They also have De Bruyne, Nasri and Nolito so plenty of competition on the flanks. I think Sterling can do well but won't be a definite starter.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
:lol::lol:

The two threads I can't help lolling at every time I see them bumped is this one and Odegard's.

Big time lols. :cool:

Rafateria

Sterling's two major weaknesses have always been decision making and finishing. Neither has improved at City. However he has very good upper body strength so is quite good at retaining possession, and he is also pretty good at tracking back and helping out the defence. He was never worth £50m but then most players aren't worth what the bigger clubs are paying anyway. He is going to be on the bench more than in the team this season but will still see plenty of match time with City in 4 competitions. Long term I just don't see him cutting it and will probably end up at Stoke. The new SWP.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Looked a completely different player today. He was confident, aggressive and City's best player. Nothing special and it's the sort of performance he should be giving every week, but a positive start under Pep.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Looked a completely different player today. He was confident, aggressive and City's best player. Nothing special and it's the sort of performance he should be giving every week, but a positive start under Pep.
Yeah looked the only real bright spark for City today I thought too, much better.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Said it before and I'll say it again the lads that were writing him off throughout last season will soon be eating their words.

The fact that people think Nolito is better actually irks me. :lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
But that hairstyle.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Meh, people will look at those 2 goals but he was quite average throughout the game.

3KDré

Looks a lot better than last season. Cheeky bid from woody for a United fan?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm happy for him. Has endured disgusting abuse for over a year now.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
That spark he had in his game at Liverpool is still missing. Doesn't get past his man as much as he used to.

Still a very good player mind.

BlueCelery

Supports
Chelsea
Unfair criticism. He was poor yes, but he's still only 21. Had a better game than Kane & Alli. Woy did him no favours keeping him on for so long when he was clearly playing without confidence.

He was the best player on the pitch for the opening 30-35 minutes but faded badly. Anyone claiming he's gash or brainless is completely bereft of any football knowledge. Very good talent who should vastly improve under Guardiola's tutelage.
Always back elite talent. Has the potential to become our first World Class player since Rooney.

Status
Not open for further replies.