Raheem Sterling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oo0AahCantona

He's exactly what they need to supplement their attack, and that value is for his peak potential. It's a lot of money but i think it will be worth it for city unfortunately.

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
What is his reported weekly wage? I've seen a few figures but not sure which one to believe.

Liverpool did well to get that price for him, they knew City would pay it due to their short-term planning.

Shark

@NotShark
Hopefully he'll fail miserably and end up at Spurs in two years time.

Raw

In all seriousness I think he'll do pretty well for them. The transfer fee may be a complete joke but it's just pocket change to them.

They still need to sort out their midfield and defence though.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He's one of Englands brightest talents, him Kane and Barkley are the three English players for me.

It's big money to be spending and sadly means Liverpool can afford to buy a world class player now, the only concern is, can Liverpool lure a top tier player?

City still need a few players, and they have overpaid but he's got the potential.

Super Nani

I read today that the City owner Sheik Mansour apparently earns £115,000 per minute. So if he woke up at 7am, the fee paid for Sterling would be paid off by 2pm. Sickening is the only word to sum that up if true.

Raw

I read today that the City owner Sheik Mansour apparently earns £115,000 per minute. So if he woke up at 7am, the fee paid for Sterling would be paid off by 2pm. Sickening is the only word to sum that up if true.
I am extremely envious.

prarek

Ridiculous price. Great deal for Liverpool. City won't care they have an endless pit of money. Everyone happy.

Glanville95

So he earns over £1 billion every week?

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
We play them in the second match of the season at their place. Hopefully Sterling won't be fully settled and integrated in their team yet. :lol:

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
City have massively overpaid but they won't care if he delivers. It's a big if for me though - not doubting his potential but he's far from a £49 million player at this moment in time. Plenty of growing up to do, on and off the pitch, he could be something or nothing time will tell.

Someone

Something
A good signing at a high price, i've always felt that it puts so much pressure on young players.

Only time will tell if he's worth it or not.

Iron Stove

I think he'll do well for them. I don't believe he'll go on to become one of the best players in the world, but he's a guy who deserves to start for a top 4 club.

I hope I'm wrong, but if not at least it'll be hilarious watching Carragher and all the other scousers in the media having to eat crow and praise him if he does well. Because the decision to leave Liverpool would ruin his career or whatever.

Super Nani

So he earns over £1 billion every week?
Just looked it up and appears to be some rubbish going around on Facebook and Twitter so probably made up. Thought it was a bit hard to believe even with all the oil money!

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
:lol:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Excellent signing, especially for City.

Undoubtedly overpriced, mind.

So, really, this deal works for everyone.

prarek

I highly doubt that. I know he's super rich but when talking about the richest people on earth he's not even top 50.

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Great signing. They dont care about the money.
I agree, I don't see a lot of downside here aside from his mentality & agent. He has talent, youth, and sell-on value, and I think he fills a homegrown spot. They paid a little extra, but they got what they needed and they have the money.

They should try to get him with a new agent in a year or two and a new psychiatrist right away. Maybe a vasectomy too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's supremely talented. Wish he hadn't gone there and hopefully he doesn't deliver, but I think he'll do great.

Joemo

whistling in the wind
Do people not see the stupidity in laughing at a transfer fee paid by a club where transfer fees are almost irrelevant or something? City have paid a lot for a young, supremely talented British player in a position they really needed to improve. Especially with FFP apparently being relaxed, City won't give a shit about how much it's cost them to get him.

gormless

That's approximately 2 Memphis Depays - absolutely mental.
I don't think so. Depay could flop massively in the Premier League, Sterling has proven he can succeed. Add in to that British tax and City's need for that, and whilst expensive, its not mental. Transfer fees have increased massively over the past 2/3 years

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
If City can add a top defensive midfielder to their ranks they'll have a truly fearsome midfield-forward setup again.

Glanville95

I don't think so. Depay could flop massively in the Premier League, Sterling has proven he can succeed. Add in to that British tax and City's need for that, and whilst expensive, its not mental. Transfer fees have increased massively over the past 2/3 years
It is an absurd fee, there's no skirting around that. As someone else mentioned however, the fees irrelevant when City can spend what they like.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Can't say I'm not delighted at his signing :D

If we get De Bruyne it would be a great summer for our attacking options. The creativity, pace and vision in a front four of Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero has so much potential.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
No idea how they've reached that figure but it's certainly not true. Maybe his family in total earns that but even then it still seems a dubiously high figure.

darioterios

Can't say I'm not delighted at his signing :D

If we get De Bruyne it would be a great summer for our attacking options. The creativity, pace and vision in a front four of Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero has so much potential.
should look at upgrading your average "the Cousins"

Status
Not open for further replies.