Raheem Sterling

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Done better tonight. He’s offered the outlet and has the pace to cause them problems but I wish he would actually beat a man like he does for city on a regular basis!

Robbie Boy

Playing well. I think he’s had a decent tournament with his energy and pulling defenders out of position. Just hasn’t happened for him in front of goal.

AshamanKingpin

Supports
Manchester City
If he was clinical last year, we would have pasted you guys in the first half at the Etihad. That match was sooo disappointing, it was one of the best halves we've played all season, couldn't believe we lost that match, but Sterling was the main culprit.

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
How come no one rates him? He’s probably one of the best players in this league
Two reasons: firstly, club loyalties, and secondly, a large proportion of football supporters lack any understanding of footballing intelligence.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Would absolutely love him in our side, always laugh when people question his ability.

Had a great game today.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Pep played with inverted wingers today and Sane, who had the whole preseason, was benched for Sterling. That's a little revolution if you ask me. He was brillant today and I believe he could be even better and more productive on the left wing. Could be interesting. His goal today was in typical Messi/Robben fashion. I also don't think it was Cech mistakes. Sure, he could at least try to save it, but IMO it was out of his reach and would've went in anyway.

Classical Mechanic

Pep played with inverted wingers today and Sane, who had the whole preseason, was benched for Sterling. That's a little revolution if you ask me. He was brillant today and I believe he could be even better and more productive on the left wing. Could be interesting. His goal today was in typical Messi/Robben fashion. I also don't think it was Cech mistakes. Sure, he could at least try to save it, but IMO it was out of his reach and would've went in anyway.
Sane played himself out of the side in the Charity Shield last week. He was terrible and had a face on.

marktan

Always been a very good player and still only 23.

Did get a lot of goals last season but his finishing is still suspect imo. Once/if he sorts that out he'll be world class.

Classical Mechanic

[/QUOTE]

How is it out of his reach? OK he saw it late but any keeper worth his salt reacts and save that. It just shows that Cech has got old and doesn’t have those reactions anymore.

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
Played very well today. Looks in great physical condition, helps that he wasnt at the world cup.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
How is it out of his reach? OK he saw it late but any keeper worth his salt reacts and save that. It just shows that Cech has got old and doesn’t have those reactions anymore.[/QUOTE]

Not denying that Cech has declined extremely (some of his decisions were hilarious today) and a young iteration of himself could've got that shot but it would've been a good reflex. So I still wouldn't say it was a mistake or a "must have" shot. Cech not even trying to parry it makes it look worse than it was IMO.

Hope Leno will get his chance, however. All in all, Cech looks finished.

JK-27

Interesting comments from Ian Wright saying the media are being racist against Sterling: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177178

I do have to say I find the criticism of him unfounded. I thought he did a good job for England at the WC, and he had a very good game yesterday. And so what if he shops at Primark, why shouldn't he?

0le

With regards to the criticism about Primark, it reminds me of the abuse Rooney got for eating a chocolate bar. We have a bizarre media.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Interesting comments from Ian Wright saying the media are being racist against Sterling: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45177178

I do have to say I find the criticism of him unfounded. I thought he did a good job for England at the WC, and he had a very good game yesterday. And so what if he shops at Primark, why shouldn't he?
This has been going on since he decided to leave us to join City. John Stones did practically the same thing as Sterling in fact he contributed way less to Everton than Sterling did for Livepool and there wasn't a peep out of anyone from the media when Stones kicked up a fuss to leave. The victimisation of Sterling is down to one thing and we all know what it is.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
This has been going on since he decided to leave us to join City. John Stones did practically the same thing as Sterling in fact he contributed way less to Everton than Sterling did for Livepool and there wasn't a peep out of anyone from the media when Stones kicked up a fuss to leave. The victimisation of Sterling is down to one thing and we all know what it is.
Can’t agree.

Leaving Everton for a big money move is what’s been going on for years. Leaving a football institution and a global brand like Liverpool needs to be done with consideration and awareness of the consequences.

Sterling may have felt it was the right move but it came with the customary criticism he should have expected. Playing for Pep it’s not unusual for his performances as an Englishman to be scrutinised especially as a forward player. Expectation is higher as a forward player and Sterling is seen as one the national team’s leading lights. It’s not surprising he’ll be criticised more. It’s not with any racist undertones at all. I find that trite

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
How come no one rates him? He’s probably one of the best players in this league
As said before, his finishing can be horrible at times and that sticks in the mind of the average fan far more than anything else. He's class though, no doubt.

I'd tend to say Wright is probably correct. It's the same with Pogba. While both of them do seem a little bit douchey, neither of them are dirty players at all or have a reputation for behaving horribly off the field, and both of them catch a tremendous amount of flak.

Bwuk

If Sterling improved his finishing he’d be unreal. Always gets himself in good positions, has pace and can beat a man.

Would anyone else take him here if he doesn’t renew at City?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If Sterling improved his finishing he’d be unreal. Always gets himself in good positions, has pace and can beat a man.

Easily, yes.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
What a load of bollocks from Ian Wright. Why does everything have to come down to the colour of someone’s skin these days?

The reason Sterling gets so much stick when he plays for England is that we all know what a bloody fantastic player he is and are frustrated that he doesn’t seem to do it at international level.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW

Yes. In a heartbeat. He’d transform our right hand side.

jmaggio

I might get slammed for this but I think sterling is a quality player who was unfairly scapegoated at the The World Cup. I also sympathise with him as I have a tattoo that people often like make judgmental remarks about m.

Theafonis

In love with @Eboue
Supports
Chelsea
I might get slammed for this but I think sterling is a quality player who was unfairly scapegoated at the The World Cup. I also sympathise with him as I have a tattoo that people often like make judgmental remarks about m.
Why was he scape goated when Kane missed a great chance to square the ball in that Croatia game?

Reddy Rederson

What a load of bollocks from Ian Wright. Why does everything have to come down to the colour of someone’s skin these days?

The reason Sterling gets so much stick when he plays for England is that we all know what a bloody fantastic player he is and are frustrated that he doesn’t seem to do it at international level.
Seems everything is racist these days. It cant be the reason you mentioned. It cant be because getting a massive tattoo of gun on your leg is stupid, and will draw attention. It cant be because hes high profile and will get more stick just because of that. It cant be because the way he left liverpool put an idea in peoples heads about who he is(rightly or wrongly) as a person. No, its because the whole of the media is racist. Because like all black men, thats all there is to them. Skin colour. They have no other things about them that might be looked at and judged(rightly or wrongly).