Raheem Sterling

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
Ake has a lot longer left on his contract.
Yes, exactly like I said in the sentence which you cut from the quote. :lol:

But even so, Aké with three years on his deal and Sterling with one shouldn't go for the same price IMO, though maybe the fact Sterling's wages are so high mean there wouldn't be a market for him if the transfer fee was sky high as well.

He's also younger and he plays in a position Chelsea are desperate to fill.
Sterling and Aké are both 27. Two months is their age difference.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Why are City gutting their team. Do they want to make the PL more interesting by giving other teams a chance.

EtH

Selling Ake and Sterling (and replacing them with Haaland) isn't quite "gutting their team".
Will be interesting when Haaland is out for a month or more next season. They also sold Jesus.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Will be interesting when Haaland is out for a month or more next season. They also sold Jesus.
They've got rid of Jesus, Sterling and Ake but brought in Haaland, Phillips and Alvarez. Not too shabby business from them (depending on how Alvarez does which is anyone's guess at this point).

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Sterling and Aké are both 27. Two months is their age difference.
Thanks for correcting my mistake. I thought there would be a few years difference. Sterling seems to have been around forever.

EtH

They've got rid of Jesus, Sterling and Ake but brought in Haaland, Phillips and Alvarez. Not too shabby business from them (depending on how Alvarez does which is anyone's guess at this point).
Right but in attack and particularly at striker they will be looking very thin if Haaland misses significant time which is very likely.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Yes, exactly like I said in the sentence which you cut from the quote. :lol:

But even so, Aké with three years on his deal and Sterling with one shouldn't go for the same price IMO, though maybe the fact Sterling's wages are so high mean there wouldn't be a market for him if the transfer fee was sky high as well.
I know! Just seemed odd that obviously you know exactly why Sterling is "cheap" but still say its odd.

Also, they're not going to cost the same, Ake will be a lot less (5 to 10 million less).

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Why are City gutting their team. Do they want to make the PL more interesting by giving other teams a chance.
Given the strength of their squad, anyone they sell is bound to be a good player. It seems good business to be selling those who are performing least well and refreshing the squad with young talent.

It reminds me a little of the talent SAF had to keep a squad fresh, even if it involved selling decent players.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
In attack they'll have added Haaland and Alvarez, none of whom have played in the PL before.
Given the strength of their squad, anyone they sell is bound to be a good player. It seems good business to be selling those who are performing least well and refreshing the squad with young talent.

It reminds me a little of the talent SAF had to keep a squad fresh, even if it involved selling decent players.
Yes, but too many changes in the squad over a single season can be difficult. There's also talk of Silva/Gundogan leaving.

Tavern in the town

It looks alright from a net spend perspective but their wide options seem much worse. Foden, Grealish and Bernardo are all great players but they seem too similar, Mahrez is the only natural winger they have left.

AndySmith1990

In attack they'll have added Haaland and Alvarez, none of whom have played in the PL before.

Yes, but too many changes in the squad over a single season can be difficult. There's also talk of Silva/Gundogan leaving.
Most of their signings had no PL experience but it hasn't stopped them from dominating the league.

SATA

Poor business by City to sell him and they don’t even need the money. He basically guarantees them 15 league goals of tap ins with his movement in the box and City’s excellent team play. I don’t usually praise opposition teams transfers but Chelsea have done well here

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
1 goal less than Gabriel Jesus this season. That’s jokes.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Jesus missed 3 months of football - 15 games
Similar amount of minutes though. Jesus has more PL minutes while Sterling has like 200 or so more minutes overall, which is what 2 extra games.