Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blood Mage

meltdown when we don't play swashbuckling football and barely get any points, if any.
We'll pick up more points but the football won't be as pretty as everyone imagines. He's a more defensive coach than many realise.

Blood Mage

Why didn't the club just let him bring Lars Kornetka with him? Unless it was a condition from Locomotiv that he remain there.

SER19

Think we're about to see a return to some proper standards across the board. Doesn't mean he'll be a success but christ im looking forward to seeing what changes he makes after 8 years of almost all drudgery (though some good happened under ole)

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Why didn't the club just let him bring Lars Kornetka with him? Unless it was a condition from Locomotiv that he remain there.
Apparently he's been offered Ralf's job at Locomotiv, and has accepted, so staying.

Heinzesight

Great news, good timing for Sunday and pleased he gets a presser in before his first match.

He’ll have had some small input to tonight’s game so don’t get stressed he’s not strutting his sexy German stuff on the touch line tonight…patience lads.

hobbers

Hopefully means two out of Phelany Carricky and McKenna out.

Phelan will definitely be let go at some point. I imagine they're all on the same clauses as Ole where the club terminating means paying a year's wages as severance. So they won't let all 3 go at once.

captaincantona

He’ll have had some small input to tonight’s game so don’t get stressed he’s not strutting his sexy German stuff on the touch line tonight…patience lads.
Sexy German stuff? Are you referring to him cruising up and down the sidelines in Old Trafford in a miniature mortised BMW, wearing leather lederhosn, suggestively eating currywurst? And You expect me to remain patient!?

Ahmer Baig

After reading all the posts since RR announcement, I see a lot of moaning and negativity. I hope finally things will change for good. Hoping for the best.

Matt007a

Hopefully if he's in the stands we'll see a few players trying to make a good impression. High energy!

peridigm

Phelan will definitely be let go at some point. I imagine they're all on the same clauses as Ole where the club terminating means paying a year's wages as severance. So they won't let all 3 go at once.
Keeping an employee in the job who is not improving the product or output can be more costly than whatever severance would be paid out by terminating them early. I like to think football coaching is not bound by such but after witnessing what we have over the past 8-9 years you have to wonder. Especially with the last regime. Same coaches, different manager. Same product.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Good.

Carrick sounded extremely unenthusiastic when talking about Rangnick in his presser. I think they’re being kept on almost for the sake of seeing out their contract.

I do wonder if there were conditions that allowed the club to move on in the summer whereas now they’d have to pay the whole thing out. Would explain why we were so desperate to get to the end of the season.
He has been very composed in his interview and has shown no emotion since he became caretaker which is understandable considering the job. Dont think there is anything more than that.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I don't get it why the Feck would be in the stands?
Because he has had 0 time with the team and wants to watch the game live and talk to them
Before and after the match maybe?
Why the feck wouldn’t he be in the stands?!?

arthurka

Because he has had 0 time with the team and wants to watch the game live and talk to them
Before and after the match maybe?
Why the feck wouldn’t he be in the stands?!?
Because he has probably watched all the games and training sessions since way back when. Just get him in there.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Because he has probably watched all the games and training sessions since way back when. Just get him in there.
We literally don’t know what he has and hasn’t seen. Firstly you get a great view of things tactically in the stands so that might factor in him being in the stands, also the coaching team will have been working on things all week for this, so the new manager coming in during the game and changing/undermining decisions that have been made won’t help.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's not going to be able to do much this afternoon, heck he won't even be able to do much before Sunday.

When Tuchel arrived at Chelsea, they still looked mediocre for the first month or so.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
Damn, that lokomotiv playing some low blow there.

Took Lars away from Ralf.

Who can Ralf now bring in to provide help.

Lewnited

Don't think it's fair to expect him to be in the stands today his input in the match will be minimal at best. Maybe a few pre/post match words will be about all he's managed.

We literally don’t know what he has and hasn’t seen. Firstly you get a great view of things tactically in the stands so that might factor in him being in the stands, also the coaching team will have been working on things all week for this, so the new manager coming in during the game and changing/undermining decisions that have been made won’t help.
Also agree with this, he'll have a great view of the match from above and will maybe offer some advice mid-match if he sees any glaring issues.

KingCavani

He has been very composed in his interview and has shown no emotion since he became caretaker which is understandable considering the job. Dont think there is anything more than that.
He was specifically asked about it and rather than saying anything positive about him or saying he was looking forward to it he basically said he has his style and I have mine.

TeddyBear

'Ole's CL goal was overrated'
He was specifically asked about it and rather than saying anything positive about him or saying he was looking forward to it he basically said he has his style and I have mine.
Then he has to learn how to eat humble pie isn't it ?
Obviously his style doesn't cut it at the highest level ?
He should be well aware.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
A chancer. Doesn’t want to have his first game difficult so he dragged the whole thing till the Palace one ;)

Foxbatt

Can you keep Fellaani out of this please? :D and why is it McKenna? Isn't it something like Keeny?

Status
Not open for further replies.