Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

This is literally the only game this season where we could have done this. It’s fine we didn’t lose.
I would rather do it in the other Cups, Champions League its no joke to me. But I get it, there was nothing on the line but still it seems that we gave zero importance to the game like if it was a summer tour in Asia.

Rajma

It's good that he is honest, but too much of that can be seen as throwing players under the bus. "I told them before the game, but they still".
Throwing players under the bus? Jeez, some sensitive souls, should have smiled like Ole instead.

The Firestarter

He's not exactly like Jose though. I think there's a line between Ole and Jose which is, for lack of a better phrase, grown up. If it was just a bad performance, I don't think he'd be making these points, it's that they did not follow instructions repeatedly. So you can understand him saying that.
I can for sure understand him and welcome it , however you know how thin skinned modern players are...

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Brave selection, only the good good players have chance to stand out in such team, but you know it's never an excuse to give the ball away in the easiest of situations and play so horrendously with the ball against a club like that - they were so awful as well. so I am sure he made up mind about some players today. Ultimately almost everyone playing today bar Mason is just far away from the first team. Mata should be out of the team with Matic for two season at least but we decided to give them stupid contracts.

VDB didn't do himself any favours so we will unfortunately see few more games of McDinosaur again. At least Mengi looked good and Henderson looked to impress ansd swept well and Greenwood showed his superb finishing ability, otherwise send the palyers on loan and release Matič + Mata at the end of the season. It was painful.

The Firestarter

I would rather do it in the other Cups, Champions League its no joke to me. But I get it, there was nothing on the line but still it seems that we gave zero importance to the game like if it was a summer tour in Asia.
FA cup is the only cup left and if we produce such a team there we are getting blown out of the pitch even by league 1 side. This was the only game where this could have happened.

Rajma

This was a really good decision to field the 2nd string team with youngsters with the calendar that’s coming up, especially, in this awful weather. Just ask city. Gave youngsters a run about and managed to get a good look at our senior players.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There is no other cup to do it in. This was the only way. The preseason games mean nothing.

RedDevil@84

I loved it. Gave chances to fringe players. Did not even put any of the other regulars on bench. Good approach for a dead rubber game.

HailtotheKing

Overall, I thought it was a great decision to play these players. Only Matic at CB I question. We already have McTominay who can play there if needed. Why did we need to try Matic? Would have much preferred him in midfield with Donny. Would've provided a much better platform for our younger and would've allowed us to get a better picture of Donny playing with someone he's worked well with before. Everything else made sense to me though. Gave young players their debuts, got fitness in squad players and gave Ralf a chance to assess some players. Plus, most importantly it gave our first-teamers a proper rest in a hectic period and allowed them to solely focus on Norwich.

lilcurt

If he's only here 6 months he can get away with it. Some players at the club have let down several managers and yet still remain.
Think this is being blown out of proportion. He didn't throw anyone under the bus, he made a valid observation on a few of our errors in the game. He needs to be direct with analysis as he has a limited window to effect change.

For me tonight was great, we gave the 1st team a needed rest, meaning they now have a full week of training with no recovery needed midweek. We gave fringe players some game time and got to see youngster make their debut. We result really wasn't the important factor.

BorisManUtd

Is he only 3rd German at United? We had that GK Zieler, then Schweinsteiger and now Rangnick, right? Don't remember anyone else...

tomaldinho1

I don't understand why he used Mata there. I thought it was a poor choice beforehand and it showed to be a poor choice too. Strange IMO. He also didn't sub him until the end.
Mata is expendable to him, that's how you have to think of this game. Giving all squad players a run out. How rare is it to get a dead rubber in the CL? I'm so happy he just piled the youth in because there is no good reason why we should have played any 1st teamers.

moodyred

Yeah, that was my main issue too. I'm sure he wanted to give him some game time in his legs but that seemed a bit excessive to me. Also didn't understand playing Matic in defence. I guess he just wanted to see if he could do it. But McTominay plays there for Scotland, so if we had a problem, he can always go back. Would've liked to have seen Donny and Matic in midfield to give the team a better platform and because they have played well together there. Surprised he didn't do that but I'm sure he had his reasons.
For matic, he probably knows that matic doesn't have the legs to play in midfield anymore, especially since we are going to press high up. Hence he wanted to see if matic can still contribute in defence.

HailtotheKing

For matic, he probably knows that matic doesn't have the legs to play in midfield anymore, especially since we are going to press high up. Hence he wanted to see if matic can still contribute in defence.
Yeah, that's a good point. How unlucky for Donny that the one player he plays well with (since he's barely played with Fred or McTominay) happens to be the one player that isn't up to Ralf's system.

Crashoutcassius

Slightly worrying that he made us incredible after a 45 minute training session (I was guaranteed on here he coached the players to that performance Vs palace) but now that he has had a few days the performance has slipped. We WILL be relegated if we continue on this course

tomaldinho1

Best part of that post match was how he spoke about Greenwood. There is no illusion that he has to keep working and he kept deliberately saying he ‘could’ be a valuable player if he buckled down in his physical development.

wolvored

Slightly worrying that he made us incredible after a 45 minute training session (I was guaranteed on here he coached the players to that performance Vs palace) but now that he has had a few days the performance has slipped. We WILL be relegated if we continue on this course
No white text? :lol:

HailtotheKing

Unlucky for Donny that he's played badly again in his 45th United appearance
Well firstly he didn’t play that badly. And secondly I’d prefer to look at minutes and who those minutes were played with in terms of first team vs b team. Appreciate your sarcasm though!

Hoof the ball

Best part of that post match was how he spoke about Greenwood. There is no illusion that he has to keep working and he kept deliberately saying he ‘could’ be a valuable player if he buckled down in his physical development.
This was the best response to the journalist possible.

The British press were clearly baiting him into lavishing praise over Greenwood, since he's one of our own, going so far as to tempting Ralf to compare him to Haaland. The answer was perfect. Mason does have the physical side to develop. Stamina levels, fitness levels to engage in a heavy press for longer periods of time; even help work on his acceleration a bit. By not being drawn into unilateral praise for him, and by stating that he's the kind of player who can "become a regular in the team", he's given Mason motivation to improve and work his ass off to get there.

sp_107

I don't understand why he used Mata there. I thought it was a poor choice beforehand and it showed to be a poor choice too. Strange IMO. He also didn't sub him until the end.
He knows this is mata's last start and this match was a dead rubbber anyway so it was kind of Mata's sendoff.

HailtotheKing

This was the best response to the journalist possible.

The British press were clearly baiting him into lavishing praise over Greenwood, since he's one of our own, going so far as to tempting Ralf to compare him to Haaland. The answer was perfect. Mason does have the physical side to develop. Stamina levels, fitness levels to engage in a heavy press for longer periods of time; even help work on his acceleration a bit. By not being drawn into unilateral praise for him, and by stating that he's the kind of player who can "become a regular in the team", he's given Mason motivation to improve and work his ass off to get there.
Yup, we've actually got a professional now. Someone who knows his shit and knows how to speak about it. Instead of offering empty platitudes and cliches like Ole did about the United way and DNA or pander to the journalists' obsession with British players. I love Ole but this is such a refreshing change. And I'm so happy that it happened.

Waynne

I think you are right.

We will see some basic change in style, but Rangnick would be lucky to turn things around in a few months.

Try to make the defense impregnable and work on the press.

He needs the six months, a pre-season and a full season.

The only exception to that would be to bring in a manager who is 100% aligned to his thinking
Bingo.

Question is, which manager fits the Ralf Rangnick mold.

In a perfect world its Klopp with Ralf getting a seat in the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.