Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mainoldo

It's a completely irrelevant point (national competitions), so your argument collapses right there. As already explained, the system is different and the format is different. For example a reason Pogba is seen to perform well enough for France but underperform over long stretches of club campaigns. Cup competitions are what, 8 games if you go all the way. In other words, you can play pragmatic counter football and have good form to take you through. That's not how club matches work - if you play that way over 38 games in the Premier League you'll do extremely well to achieve top 4 let alone any cups.

Saying Rangnick plays with Ole tactics is about as daft as it gets to be honest. We may have surrendered control to Villa from shit passing but it was quite evident to see us higher up the pitch and triggers of the press (specifically when Villa players went wide, as the touchline was used as an extra man to try and suffocate them). There is a lot of difference in what Rangnick is trying to adopt, and it will take a lot of time before it starts baring fruit.

Baseless comparisons to national tournaments are just irrelevant - it's a completely different format.

Even if I did entertain your point about players performing - who did really perform outside of Luke Shaw? Bruno didn't light the Euros on fire, nor did McT or Pogba or Rashford. Greenwood didn't even go, Lindelof was the same for Sweden as he is for United, as was Varane. It just makes no sense, such a lazy insinuation to claim they do much better anyway.
Not at all. The real block is everyone always assumes we rate the same players. This fanbase beleive’s Bruno is our Best player and can’t see a relevant tactical switch that is needed in DDG’s poor outfield play.

So what happens is when someone makes a comment like the culture is wrong they assume you are talking about the players you believe are crap. Like Lingard, Martial etc. However not realising that those same players you rate who can’t perform International are also the issue.

If you thought you seen effective pressing yesterday that’s on you. It was like 4 segments if that of a whole 90.

what I did see however was fullbacks not being progressive enough, two 8’s playing 6. Bruno doing his usual free role cameo. Two inverted forwards ignoring their number 9 and continuing to shoot at any given time and this is what we intend to build good football under. It’s not going to work no matter who is in charge.

CraftySoAndSo

I think it is true the players have down tooled because Rangnick is only here until the end of the season but i feel the club need to do one of two things to correct this attitude. Either one, the players get told that while Rangnick is here until the end of the season, he is choosing the new manager and will have control over which players come in and who goes and is using this time to decide who to keep and sell.

Or two, tell the players and even leak it to the media but don't make it official that the club have decided to do what Rangnick suggested and will be here next season too. Telling them he will keep implementing his philosophy as more time is needed and again has power over who stay and goes in the summer. Doing one of these two will tell the players that they are not in charge and this isn't a free ride thinking Rangnick won't be here long, he is here to stay both as manager til season's end and long term upstairs and if you don't like it you know where the door is.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I think it is true the players have down tooled because Rangnick is only here until the end of the season but i feel the club need to do one of two things to correct this attitude. Either one, the players get told that while Rangnick is here until the end of the season, he is choosing the new manager and will have control over which players come in and who goes and is using this time to decide who to keep and sell.

Or two, tell the players and even leak it to the media but don't make it official that the club have decided to do what Rangnick suggested and will be here next season too. Telling them he will keep implementing his philosophy as more time is needed and again has power over who stay and goes in the summer. Doing one of these two will tell the players that they are not in charge and this isn't a free ride thinking Rangnick won't be here long, he is here to stay both as manager til season's end and long term upstairs and if you don't like it you know where the door is.
How can you down tools but play better? (all be it marginally but still an improvement)

BuzzKillington

I don't think its just this, but if you dumb down coaching for 3+ years they are going to be given a shock when it comes to intricate instructions.

The poster is right though - if the players are struggling to understand press triggers, they would struggle with even Ten Hag.
This assumes that the only coaching these players have received in the last three years has been from Ole. And completely ignores the fact they receive instructions and tactics, from former clubs in the case of our more recent signings, and when on international duty. This doesn't fly with me at all and is simply absolving the management team of any responsibility for getting their instructions across, the players are capable of following instructions, for some reason they're choosing not to.

It also does Ole a major disservice as well, in that people have forgotten that he managed some very good wins and results against teams better than us in his first couple of seasons with us by having a tactical plan and utilising it in certain games, City & PSG amongst many others spring to mind. Tactics wasnt his issue, it was coaching attacking patterns into a team to be able to beat a low block, something we struggled with for the entireity of his tenure with us.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Not at all. The real block is everyone always assumes we rate the same players. This fanbase beleive’s Bruno is our Best player and can’t see a relevant tactical switch that is needed in DDG’s poor outfield play.
This fanbase has widely accepted Bruno has been off form for a prolonged period of time. You're living on a different planet if you are claiming otherwise.

So what happens is when someone makes a comment like the culture is wrong they assume you are talking about the players you believe are crap. Like Lingard, Martial etc. However not realising that those same players you rate who can’t perform International are also the issue.
You insinuated before the players perform differently at international level. Now you're saying they are the same at international level. Make up your mind
If you thought you seen effective pressing yesterday that’s on you. It was like 4 segments if that of a whole 90.

what I did see however was fullbacks not being progressive enough, two 8’s playing 6. Bruno doing his usual free role cameo. Two inverted forwards ignoring their number 9 and continuing to shoot at any given time and this is what we intend to build good football under. It’s not going to work no matter who is in charge.
That's not what I said. I said you can clearly see Rangnick's approach is different to Ole's. It's not being executed by the players properly, but that's something that'll take time.

It's very clearly not Ole tactics though - really odd for you to suggest it is.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Okay so are non solid international players are also struggling at club level to adapt to tactics? Point proven. Hence why I said we need to divide this current culture of players we have. That’s 9 players right there. 6 of them are starters. No surprise the system doesn’t work.
I agree with your point, I simply answered your question about the players doing it at international level. They don't and some of our best players are on the bench of their international teams with no argument in their favors. The more time passes and the more I realize that the kind of players that we are missing is the likes of Nani, Valencia and Carrick. Valencia and Carrick are obvious disciplined team oriented players but Nani had a quality that we have missed since Di Maria's purple patch, a player that is happy to make himself available and feed his teammates, Pogba has those qualities but he is injury prone.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This assumes that the only coaching these players have received in the last three years has been from Ole. And completely ignores the fact they receive instructions and tactics, from former clubs in the case of our more recent signings, and when on international duty. This doesn't fly with me at all and is simply absolving the management team of any responsibility for getting their instructions across, the players are capable of following instructions, for some reason theyre choosing not to.

It also does Ole a major disservice as well, in that people have forgotten that he managed some very good wins and results against teams better than us in his first couple of seasons with us by having a tactical plan and utilising it in certain games, City & PSG amongst many others spring to mind. Tactics wasnt his issue, it was coaching attacking patterns into a team to be able to beat a low block, something we struggled with for the entireity of his tenure with us.
Read my posts about internationals - they have feck all relevancy. And yes, they were coached by Ole and his team, and there are a lot of reports about how subpar that was.

BuzzKillington

Read my posts about internationals - they have feck all relevancy. And yes, they were coached by Ole and his team, and there are a lot of reports about how subpar that was.
Yes, anything that disagrees with or countermands my point has feck all relevancy and can be summararily dismissed. It also fails to address that a vast majority of our team have played under other managers and were able to take "intricate instructions" elsewhere, that they have been managed by Ole for 3 years doesn't suddenly make them fail to understand football or be able to take an instruction.

Trex

If you add someone that has the skillset of Verratti or the skillset of someone like Carrick then the fabric of the midfield change. I still don't think that there is a way to turn that attack into a cohesive bunch, they are all too focused on being the one scoring instead of feeding their teammates, make runs that help others or simply press.
This was why I was so happy with Sancho coming in, a player who enjoys being a creator, but he hasn't really kicked on, Greenwood I think would improve if the ball circulation was better, Rashford though I'm not sure how much he understands the game

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Robben made an elite career by pretty much doing just this
The difference is Robben had a beast of a shot and had great speed and agility, nobody could touch him.

Right now Mason is just pea dribbling the ball towards the keepers hands. He needs to practice some curling shots instead of trying to lace it every time.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes, anything that disagrees with or countermands my point has feck all relevancy and can be summararily dismissed. It also fails to address that a vast majority of our team have played under other managers and were able to take "intricate instructions" elsewhere, that they have been managed by Ole for 3 years doesn't suddenly make them fail to understand football or be able to take an instruction.
Not at all - you probably need to read the post in more depth. Comparing internationals to clubs is always going to be a flawed argument, it doesn't matter whether you're talking about United or not. Mason Mount is great for Chelsea and shite for England. Kane came off the back of a stellar league haul and was shite in the Euros. Maguire found it easier to be more solid for England and worse for United. Why? Because the football is completely different - teams have a different approach to the game at national level than they do at league level.

As for your intricate instructions point - point out which of our players have previously been drilled on a detailed pressing system and adapted well to it. I'll give you a hint, it's close to 0.

Holocene

Christ if yesterday was the best we can do the rest of the season will be painful.
Yeah I was flabbergasted when I saw this.

It was a clear improvement on what's gone before, but that was such a woefully low benchmark I don't think we should be shouting about it right now.
Did you even bother to read what the tweet said?

It said there's an improvement on what we have seen previously. Not that it's the standard we are aiming for.

You're just looking to moan for the sake of moaning at this point.

Mainoldo

This fanbase has widely accepted Bruno has been off form for a prolonged period of time. You're living on a different planet if you are claiming otherwise.
I disagree.. You made the point yourself. You said he's off form. That's different to what I said.

You insinuated before the players perform differently at international level. Now you're saying they are the same at international level. Make up your mind
I insinuated the good players play well for their country. You (Might not of been you) named players who don't play regular for their country except Lindelöf, who even though you mentioned him plays very well for his country. So that was a different statement and I answered it.

That's not what I said. I said you can clearly see Rangnick's approach is different to Ole's. It's not being executed by the players properly, but that's something that'll take time.

It's very clearly not Ole tactics though - really odd for you to suggest it is.
How. That's an assumption. You just said they are not executing what he wants. So how are you seeing his approach? :lol:. I said he's reverted to Ole's tactics and that's why we witnessed that.. He played the player in the same positions they played under Ole with the same deficiencies. You can't tell me otherwise. I didn't see anything different. I can't lie.. but if I wanted to lie I would say I can clearly see Rangnick's approach is different to Ole's. It's not being executed by the players properly, but that's something that'll take time.

Mainoldo

I agree with your point, I simply answered your question about the players doing it at international level. They don't and some of our best players are on the bench of their international teams with no argument in their favors. The more time passes and the more I realize that the kind of players that we are missing is the likes of Nani, Valencia and Carrick. Valencia and Carrick are obvious disciplined team oriented players but Nani had a quality that we have missed since Di Maria's purple patch, a player that is happy to make himself available and feed his teammates, Pogba has those qualities but he is injury prone.
I agree. Also good point and that's we need players that identify themselves as creators and disciplinarians.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I disagree.. You made the point yourself. You said he's off form. That's different to what I said.
Yes, he's off form. What does this have to do with Rangnick.
I insinuated the good players play well for their country. You (Might not of been you) named players who don't play regular for their country except Lindelöf, who even though you mentioned him plays very well for his country. So that was a different statement and I answered it.
The country point is bullshit because national games are played out differently in a pragmatic manner that's more cautious regardless of whether its France or England or Italy. They aren't tactically the same and it's a format of 8 fecking games if you go all the way. Extrapolating from that will always be silly.

How. That's an assumption. You just said they are not executing what he wants. So how are you seeing his approach? :lol:. I said he's reverted to Ole's tactics and that's why we witnessed that.. He played the player in the same positions they played under Ole with the same deficiencies. You can't tell me otherwise. I didn't see anything different. I can't lie.. but if I wanted to lie I would say I can clearly see Rangnick's approach is different to Ole's. It's not being executed by the players properly, but that's something that'll take time.
Because Rangnick's vision is clear and his implementation with his previous clubs is very consistent. And in the games you can see presses being triggered when Villa players were going into the wider areas toward the touchline and less so centrally. In other words he wants to press them out wide and force them through the middle - that is how he and Nagelsmann like to operate the press. They want the touchline to be the extra man, both he and Rangnick are consistent in that approach. The success of that depends on how well that press is implemented, and then how well the midfielders can take the battle centrally. The latter is where we are failing more in that regard, which is why he keeps talking about careless turnovers costing us games.

If you watch the game you'll see the players clustering around Villa when the full backs were forced wider. The issue is that centrally we are not strong enough to take the game to Villa (and other teams) because we are missing the profile of central midfield that's needed to make the system work very well. Also our team as a whole is still adapting to the new system so that will need teething in. This is why Rangnick has pretty much said himself he needs a midfielder and why credible reports link us with midfielders.

You don't need to be physically on the training ground to know that we are playing differently to how we did under the previous manager. Just like no one needed to when they saw Klopp's Liverpool being completely different to Rodgers early on - albeit just as inconsistent and sporadic in early days.

So yes, your point of Rangnick using Ole tactics is complete, and utter BS. As was the lazy comparison to players on internationals vs club competitions - always a flawed comparison to begin with.

Mainoldo

Yes, he's off form. What does this have to do with Rangnick.

The country point is bullshit because national games are played out differently in a pragmatic manner that's more cautious regardless of whether its France or England or Italy. They aren't tactically the same and it's a format of 8 fecking games if you go all the way. Extrapolating from that will always be silly.

Because Rangnick's vision is clear and his implementation with his previous clubs is very consistent. And in the games you can see presses being triggered when Villa players were going into the wider areas toward the touchline and less so centrally. In other words he wants to press them out wide and force them through the middle - that is how he and Nagelsmann like to operate the press. They want the touchline to be the extra man, both he and Rangnick are consistent in that approach. The success of that depends on how well that press is implemented, and then how well the midfielders can take the battle centrally. The latter is where we are failing more in that regard, which is why he keeps talking about careless turnovers costing us games.

If you watch the game you'll see the players clustering around Villa when the full backs were forced wider. The issue is that centrally we are not strong enough to take the game to Villa (and other teams) because we are missing the profile of central midfield that's needed to make the system work very well. Also our team as a whole is still adapting to the new system so that will need teething in. This is why Rangnick has pretty much said himself he needs a midfielder and why credible reports link us with midfielders.

You don't need to be physically on the training ground to know that we are playing differently to how we did under the previous manager. Just like no one needed to when they saw Klopp's Liverpool being completely different to Rodgers early on - albeit just as inconsistent and sporadic in early days.

So yes, your point of Rangnick using Ole tactics is complete, and utter BS. As was the lazy comparison to players on internationals vs club competitions - always a flawed comparison to begin with.
I don't know why you want me to read more irrelevant articles especial those of another guy who isn't Rangnick. I mean the guy takes more credit for managers you'd think the managers phone him every Saturday for tactics.

I get your point and I appreciate the effort. But in short you are telling me we can't perform what he wants because we need Haidira? We played differently for 45 minutes against Palace. Other than that I'm yet to tell if we played better or worse under Ole. Conte's Spurs on the other hand don't play like Nuno's team and it's the same group of players.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I don't know why you want me to read more irrelevant articles especial those of another guy who isn't Rangnick. I mean the guy takes more credit for managers you'd think the managers phone him every Saturday for tactics.

I get your point and I appreciate the effort. But in short you are telling me we can't perform what he wants because we need Haidira? We played differently for 45 minutes against Palace. Other than that I'm yet to tell if we played better or worse under Ole. Conte's Spurs on the other hand don't play like Nuno's team and it's the same group of players.
No, that's not what I'm saying. You are coming across quite pathetic in over simplifying the issues at the club. We have big egos, a bloated squad and a lack of proper coaching over 3+ years. That's all fact prior to Rangnick joining. It doesn't matter if it's Rangnick or Pep, there was always going to be high turbulence in our performances and results.

Your insinuation that we are applying Ole tactics is just daft to be honest.

And to your point about Ralph taking credit - maybe go and understand the landscape better - Nagelsmann himself gave Ralph credit.

cyberman

He needs to use the squad now. If the midfield diamond worked then get Donny in there. If Rashford isn’t up to it then have Lingard start. Use the front 3 because attacking wasn’t a problem under Ole, we looked more dangerous than we do now.
Ralph can’t continue pegging us back like this in the hope we suddenly become solid defensively. It’s exactly what Ole did when he picked McFred to do the same job despite losing time and time again. If it doesn’t work, change it.
Spurs and Arsenal aren’t much cop this season, just get the best players in their best positions and grab onto fourth, any sort of fecking run will do.

Stig

Gary Lineker

@GaryLineker

·
16h

Rather strange intervention from VAR. Seemed determined to find some reason to rule out the goal. Not sure that was anywhere near enough.

If he was a player or manager that would be bringing the game into disrepute - the BBC shouldn't tolerate this and fire him.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Gary Lineker
@GaryLineker

·
16h

Rather strange intervention from VAR. Seemed determined to find some reason to rule out the goal. Not sure that was anywhere near enough.

If he was a player or manager that would be bringing the game into disrepute - the BBC shouldn't tolerate this and fire him.
There were at least three different reasons to rule out that goal, let alone one.

Foxbatt

There were at least three different reasons to rule out that goal, let alone one.
Absolutely. The run of Cavani was blocked. In fact the defender who was in an offside position blocked Cavani's run and I am still not convinced that the final touch was also not offside.

Foxbatt

No, that's not what I'm saying. You are coming across quite pathetic in over simplifying the issues at the club. We have big egos, a bloated squad and a lack of proper coaching over 3+ years. That's all fact prior to Rangnick joining. It doesn't matter if it's Rangnick or Pep, there was always going to be high turbulence in our performances and results.

And to your point about Ralph taking credit - maybe go and understand the landscape better - Nagelsmann himself gave Ralph credit.
Yes I think some here should look at the Gary Neville / Lampard interview and what happens behind the scenes as players try to agitate and create trouble. United should let RR have a free hand and trip the squad.

Stadjer

Robben made an elite career by pretty much doing just this
Robben could do a lot more. He started as a left winger with great crossing, he had the vision to give a great pass and could dribble past any defender in the world. Robben also had a incredible work ethic and was a model professional. He was much more than just a cut inside and shoot with his left player.

romufc

Why can’t we bring a midfielder in on loan? Surely there is someone available that is better than what we’ve got?

This means people on payroll actually have to do some work, so that is a no.

The scouts have to actually scout players and report back in which players are good
Then our footballing structure has to decide whether they are good enough
We have to negotiate a deal

That all seems a bit too difficult for United, they are more interested in Declan Rice because he is on everyones lips.

When Kalvin Philips was on form, it was him.

Mainoldo

Yeah I expected the turbulence but it's largely inflated with sh!te. If Pep was there it wouldn't look like this at all, there are numerous examples of this case too.

You only don't like what i'm saying because you feel like i'm offending RR. You are just being emotional.

I don't need to understand nothing. Nagelsmann is his own man and is currently Bayern Munich manager. Who's Ralph managed, what has he won compare to the guys he's nurtured.

I get we have brought him in to help build this club back but have we actually gave him any instructions? Nope!!! Highly doubt it, we probably don't even know who are new manager is in the summer.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
This means people on payroll actually have to do some work, so that is a no.

The scouts have to actually scout players and report back in which players are good
Then our footballing structure has to decide whether they are good enough
We have to negotiate a deal

That all seems a bit too difficult for United, they are more interested in Declan Rice because he is on everyones lips.

When Kalvin Philips was on form, it was him.
Yeah because that's exactly how United run their business.

ROMUFC everybody, Man Utd's scouting department. Right here on the CAF!

Who's the next signing mate?

The way that this place criticises Man Utd as some sort of school ground, tin pot club is disgusting.

Man Utd are not run that way for crying out loud, it's incredibly naive and somewhat arrogant to think otherwise.

romufc

The way that this place criticises Man Utd as some sort of school ground, tin pot club is disgusting.

Man Utd are not run that way for crying out loud, it's incredibly naive and somewhat arrogant to think otherwise.
I mean the way the club is run is like a school ground tin pot club.

Lets start from 3 years ago, I won't even bother with pre Ole because that was bad as it is.

Ole comes in, "Ole is temp, we will hire a DoF before appointing manager" - Manutd appoint Ole after 8 good results - No DoF appointed - first signs of club having no clue what they are doing

Manutd sign AWB - a player who has been playing first team for 1 year, £50m for someone who has openly said he does not like defending.

Manutd sign Maguire - £80m, just because Liverpool signed one for £75m.. oh wait found £60m too expensive the season before.

Manutd in trouble in Jan - Glazers out chants, lets give them a shiny toy, sign Bruno.

No one said the CAF is the scouting department.

Lets fast forward to this season, when we were told that Ole's so called culture rest bla bla bla. I mean alot of fans could have told you Ole isn't the man for the job, yet the club blindly backed him until he was getting PAMPED week in week out, no contingency plan either.

Oh we are signing players for the future and how Ole wants to play, signs Donny who has a max of 10 PL starts in 2 seasons, then go sign Ronaldo who completely contradicts how Ole wanted to play.

Now, we have Lingard who attracted interest but no we want to offer him a deal knowing he wont play football.

Pogba our most expensive signing is going to be let go for a free AGAIN.

Yep, I am the naive one to think we are not run properly

Artimities

Didnt get to watch the game but I listened to the whole thing. Here are my takeaways... that nobody really gives a shite about!
1) crowd seemed electric
2) A clean sheet win is a clean sheet win and is something to celebrate
3) Same can be said for winning in general
4) Rashford is out of form and should be benched for a bit. Bring him back in comfortable situations that allow him to improve. Starting and proving is not going to help him now.
5) VDB needs more time on the field. If our midfield cant control the game and we are being thrown all over the place, then put another body in the middle to help
6) Bruno's form is sliding as well... and needs to be corrected with proper usage.
7) there is a level of selfishness at this club that I havent seen before. It worries me with the lack of assist and the sheer amount of goals we could have had with just one more pass, or the proper pass.

I actually think Villa played as good as they could and wouldnt be surprised to see them stink up the place next time we meet just because of the defeat they felt after trying as hard as they did yesterday.

Gordon Godot

Are you Ed in disguise are having a laugh? The club is 100% run like a tin pot club. We lurch from one crazy managerial appointment to the next with no continuity, our scouting is a joke. We apparently scouted hundreds of right backs and came up with the worst example of a modern attacking full back available. Ditto centre halves, our global scoutign network came up with the England CB and then made him the most expensive in history. Our wage bill is out of control, we renew players who are rubbish or crocked, then semed surprised at a lack of team spirit. Genius. The club is a joke from the top down, which is not a surprise when teh CEO is a banker with zero knowledge of football. Contrast with teh football people in charge at City and Chelsea, or the conveyor belt of youth they have.

dave2528

I'm all for holding judgement on Ralf as he's only a month in but we look like an absolute mess every match. That wouldn't be nearly as frustrating if we didn't compound that by running out the same players who look like they can't be arsed to give even half an attempt.

Rashford wouldn't start for any team in the league at this point yet we can't drop him here for reasons I can't figure out. Bruno has taken a major step backwards. The squad in general has no fight and looks clueless.

Give the kids and those who've sat watching on the bench a go. VDB looked decent while he was on. Give him a proper chance.

I'd just like to see something, ANYTHING different rather than us playing the same personnel in a system they can't be bothered to figure out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah I expected the turbulence but it's largely inflated with sh!te. If Pep was there it wouldn't look like this at all, there are numerous examples of this case too.
No there isn't. I even gave you a direct comparison with Klopp who was no better in his first 5-6 games in charge. Your point has just collapsed on itself.
You only don't like what i'm saying because you feel like i'm offending RR. You are just being emotional.
Eh? I'm not offended. I am just calling out lazy ignorance when I see it. Rangnick might not be a top level coach on the echelon of Klopp or Tuchel or Pep for all we know. But to dumb him down to say it's Ole tactics is pretty dim, I'm sorry to say.
I don't need to understand nothing. Nagelsmann is his own man and is currently Bayern Munich manager. Who's Ralph managed, what has he won compare to the guys he's nurtured.

I get we have brought him in to help build this club back but have we actually gave him any instructions? Nope!!! Highly doubt it, we probably don't even know who are new manager is in the summer.
Nagelsmann is 34 and has won feck all. He's still managing Bayern and doing a good job. Weird time to bring that up.

Chairman Steve

Ralf was not hired to help us compete for trophies. He was hired to start the ball rolling of finally modernising Manchester United and phase out the SAF shaped hole that we’ve tried to fill for far, far too long. I don’t recall anyone saying that we were going to win Champions League and Premier League with Ralf, people were more excited as we were finally getting our act together and behaving like a modern club.

His interim manager remit is to basically assess what we have to work with to get us back to the top, like which players need to be fecked off, which players we should keep, which players we can possibly get a tune out of etc. Getting Champions League qualification is a bonus for him in my opinion.

We hired him for what’s happening after this 6 month period really. Thats been Ralfs focus for the past 10 years with the Red Bull project with him mainly being a technical director and once in a while will jump down and be head coach.

If United is a restaurant, then Ralf is primarily the Executive Chef and not the Head Chef.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Ralf was not hired to help us compete for trophies. He was hired to start the ball rolling of finally modernising Manchester United and phase out the SAF shaped hole that we’ve tried to fill for far, far too long. I don’t recall anyone saying that we were going to win Champions League and Premier League with Ralf, people were more excited as we were finally getting our act together and behaving like a modern club.

His interim manager remit is to basically assess what we have to work with to get us back to the top, like which players need to be fecked off, which players we should keep, which players we can possibly get a tune out of etc. Getting Champions League qualification is a bonus for him in my opinion.

We hired him for what’s happening after this 6 month period really. Thats been Ralfs focus for the past 10 years with the Red Bull project with him mainly being a technical director and once in a while will jump down and be head coach.

If United is a restaurant, then Ralf is primarily the Executive Chef and not the Head Chef.
Pretty much this. It's quite hilarious how many times people stupidly forget what we are looking to do and just point to Steven Gerrard's impact at Villa.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Pretty much this. It's quite hilarious how many times people stupidly forget what we are looking to do and just point to Steven Gerrard's impact at Villa.
Gerrard has done feck all to be honest. They already had a decent team and all he had to do was take advantage of the new manager bounce. Give Ole the same Villa team and ask him to play at OT . He will play the exact same way. Means, feck all.

Stevie impact , my foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.