Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'm 'against him' as the first thing he did when he came in and looked at our squad was decide 4222 would be the formation to get the best out of these players. I'm 'against him' because so far he hasn't improved performances at all. I'm 'against him' because he hasn't got a clue what he's doing other than limping from one experiment to another hoping for something that works (4222/4231/433). I'm 'against him' because we've just had one regime who seemingly learned on the job and this so called visionary was meant to come in with a clear philosophy and yet like the previous regime is just learning and reacting on the job (horrific in game management against Villa so the first thing he does at 2-0 today is go for 3 at the back, why didn't that occur to him last game? If it's against his beliefs why do it today? No conviction?)
You have no understanding of football if you think he hasnt improved anything since the car crash under Ole this season.

And he changed to a back 3 this game because he feels he should have in the last game and regretted doing so. Its a bit dim if you are sayingmanagers cant make in game mistakes.

I love how you thought theres no bounce and then didnt know what to say when faced with the facts about the premier league results since he joined. Youre just dead set against him and the bias is clear.

alexthelion

There's nothing wrong with my memory, I remember Shaw being shocking for years, I've never been convinced by Maguire and Wan-Bissaka had one good season at Palace before we splashed out £50m. There's a lot of recency bias in football and people are quick to forget just how shit some of our players were before they had one good season. None of those players start for a top 2 team.
The best LB and one of the best CBs wouldn't start for City or Liverpool? Both would.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I was saying this at half time when most posters were saying we should sack him. He is trying to play an attacking game, we just dont have the players that city and pool have at controlling the game. City especially are just so good at retaining the ball, seeing a pass and then executing the pass. We are no where near them in terms of technical ability.

But he is trying to change the culture given the two previous managers were counter attacking. It will take time. It took Pep a year at city.

We need two MFs for starters. Maybe a RB although Dalot was extremely good tonight.

A load of players need to be shown the door as well.
Agree with that all. It's pretty shortsighted to have made a negative judgement on him so soon given the scope of the change he's trying to produce, whilst the results are all important, with a team obviously still low on confidence.

Tonight had quite a few positives and things to build on. Huge game against West Ham coming up. We need that confidence.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Agree with that all. It's pretty shortsighted to have made a negative judgement on him so soon given the scope of the change he's trying to produce, whilst the results are all important, with a team obviously still low on confidence.

Tonight had quite a few positives and things to build on. Huge game against West Ham coming up. We need that confidence.
I said after the Villa match that i would take not getting top four if means an overhall of the culture of the club. It took klopp 2 and a half years to perfect Liverpool.

Maureen-yo

There's nothing wrong with my memory, I remember Shaw being shocking for years, I've never been convinced by Maguire and Wan-Bissaka had one good season at Palace before we splashed out £50m. There's a lot of recency bias in football and people are quick to forget just how shit some of our players were before they had one good season. None of those players start for a top 2 team.
Haha the irony of this post. “Shaw has been shocking for years” despite winning the poty for United 2018/2019, players player of the year for United 2019/20 and then being one of the best players for England at the Euros but yeah you say he’s shocking because of the last 5/6 months and cite recency bias…LOL.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I said after the Villa match that i would take not getting top four if means an overhall of the culture of the club. It took klopp 2 and a half years to perfect Liverpool.
I'd take finishing mid table if that was achieved. But he's most definitely having to do both, and the top four is likely a lot more important to the higher ups, though the footballing people will understand what's necessary for the long-term. If he can do both, he'll have done an outstanding job.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
You have no understanding of football if you think he hasnt improved anything since the car crash under Ole this season.

And he changed to a back 3 this game because he feels he should have in the last game and regretted doing so. Its a bit dim if you are sayingmanagers cant make in game mistakes.

I love how you thought theres no bounce and then didnt know what to say when faced with the facts about the premier league results since he joined. Youre just dead set against him and the bias is clear.
What your whole hypothetical he's on for 70+ points? I didn't acknowledge it because it was a load of old shit because real life doesn't work the way it does in your head

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It was poor again, we should have been 2 or 3 down in the first half. Positives in McTominay and Elanga. But we look miles off getting top 4 to me.

Lewnited

no we don't, that first half was no different to the Wolves away game in GW3

theres absolutely no organisation or knowledge of where any of our players should be
Are you referring to same game I remember with that suicidal 4-2-4 and Wolves having the freedom to run directly at our back four for the entirety of the game? If so, I really don't think there's much room for discussion here.

Broadly speaking we're not an organised team, I think that goes without saying - we haven't been for the best part of 7 years. However, I think it's pretty clear to see that today we looked more organised in and out of possession now than we have done for most of the season.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What your whole hypothetical he's on for 70+ points? I didn't acknowledge it because it was a load of old shit because real life doesn't work the way it does in your head
Dont talk about manager bounces if youre going to reject the facts that our results have improved since hes arrived.

Unless of course you've already made a decision that you wont rate him, which is pretty clear.

talking robot

I thought in the last two performances, the collective has looked a lot better and more coherent. There have still been poor patches, but you can see improvement.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
We need better control in between MF and defence. Like what city have. You cannot get a counter attack against city because they make sure they control the game between their defence and MF.

We need a MF asap. Our passing as well despite winning needs to be sharper.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I thought in the last two performances, the collective has looked a lot better and more coherent. There have still been poor patches, but you can see improvement.
Same. There are obvious signs of trying to control the games. The problem is if you make one mistake in MF or defence, you cough up a chance to the opposition. We are still short in this regard.

I bet rangnick will come out and say it was a good win but we need better control.

Delano

I think the patterns are becoming more obvious, but he's let down by the sloppiness on the ball and lack of midfield options. But as we all know, he's more than likely getting no cash to spend.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Dont talk about manager bounces if youre going to reject the facts that our results have improved since hes arrived.

Unless of course you've already made a decision that you wont rate him, which is pretty clear.
Improved results will only continue for so long if the performances dont improve. You won't keep getting away with it like we saw against Newcastle after the 2 games before that. We got away with that 1st half again tonight

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He needs a player who can control the tempo in midfield. Fred and McT is way too inconsistent. We just don't know which of the real ones will turn up.

Teja

I've never been more sure that the right man was in charge since Fergie left.

The only thing that can cause this to implode is his man management skill, the dude does not have a filter.

RuudTom83

Top 4 is something Sky Sports created so they can make a few more trailers and fancy graphics. The Premiership is bloated with cash with or without CL qualification.

Worry about the football on the pitch first!

I think Ralf is doing a decent job, and everyone is so quick to criticise, but every team bar City has dropped points to each other this season.

Stay patient.

DON’T PANIC ™

How did he handle Ronnie? Did it look like he had a go at him?

I missed it!
Not sure exactly. When Ronnie came off he was fuming. A few minutes later when the camera cut back to the bench, Ralf had his hand on Ronnie’s thigh and they were all smiles.
Great man management.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Improved results will only continue for so long if the performances dont improve. You won't keep getting away with it like we saw against Newcastle after the 2 games before that. We got away with that 1st half again tonight
To be clear, managers coming in with a completely new style, which will require tinkering in early stages on formations and selections, will undoubtedly have turbulence in performances.

If you expect results and a large improvement early on, its just your fault for being deluded. Even Klopp couldn't get that done. Pep was bang average in year one and needed to spunk 150m to start getting the team in his image. And here you are complaining that Rangnick needs to tinker with formations in order to ascertain which style suits us for possession control and can maintain some balance in attack all whilst keeping results competitve.

God knows what miracle you were expecting but no manager can do much better. Conte is having ups and downs too. Tuchel now has 1 in 7 (or is it 8?). Its not an easy season for anyone bar City.

minoo-utd

He needs just a couple of signings or even one player who control in the midfield and his way would look so much obvious on the eye. Love how he started to bench some players and not being easy to satisfy. He needs hard work and this is the only way we can get better. Good way to handle Ronaldo there and improvement is there to see but it is very very slow, maybe if the board can support him we will be better as we still have a chance to challenge for c.l spot.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He needs just a couple of signings or even one player who control in the midfield and his way would look so much obvious on the eye. Love how he started to bench some players and not being easy to satisfy. He needs hard work and this is the only way we can get better. Good way to handle Ronaldo there and improvement is there to see but it is very very slow, maybe if the board can support him we will be better as we still have a chance to challenge for c.l spot.
Yea if we had a verrati or Kroos in there. It would make a world of difference.

Witchking

To be clear, managers coming in with a completely new style, which will require tinkering in early stages on formations and selections, will undoubtedly have turbulence in performances.

If you expect results and a large improvement early on, its just your fault for being deluded. Even Klopp couldn't get that done. Pep was bang average in year one and needed to spunk 150m to start getting the team in his image. And here you are complaining that Rangnick needs to tinker with formations in order to ascertain which style suits us for possession control and can maintain some balance in attack all whilst keeping results competitve.

God knows what miracle you were expecting but no manager can do much better. Conte is having ups and downs too. Tuchel now has 1 in 7 (or is it 8?). Its not an easy season for anyone.
He is a wum man.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Liverpool even without their best attacking players absolutely control every game and we have that only for fraction of the time compared to them, we certainly have to get better at that and that's a bit surprising at first when we played 4-2-2-2 never controlling midfield. We can only afford to play one slow player - Ronaldo (actually I hope he will be benched over time too) to make things gradually better. Finally at least we can see Ralf has ballas and starts implementing that with Elanga starting over any primmadona in the team lacking workrate like Martial or Rashford, it will pay off long term I am sure.

We need the ability of these players and Sancho but first they have to be shown they have to up their workrate, how the structure lof our play will look like otherwise we are going nowhere. Some of the players from the academy who are not considered Greenwood level are still of superb potential if they can maintain work hard, certainly enough to overplay the likes of Brentford. Ralf is giving a statement with Elanga and I think he will discover more players like that and give them their chance. Hannibal will certainly get his chance once he comes back. And whoever will step up and emerge phisically ready enough to run through walls for the manager will be given the chance.

talking robot

Same. There are obvious signs of trying to control the games. The problem is if you make one mistake in MF or defence, you cough up a chance to the opposition. We are still short in this regard.

I bet rangnick will come out and say it was a good win but we need better control.
With a proper DM ( Zakaria? Tchouameni? ) this team can move to another level. Our only true #6 is an aging Matic. Fred still loses too many balls in the middle (through poor passing or poor first touch), and can get bypassed too easily in the defensive phases. McTominay is turning into an effective #8 but is not a number #6. In the #6 role he gets done too often, and he lacks defensive awareness and positioning.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I think Ralf is learning about the players after a few months. He's ditched his favoured press game and also the 4-2-2-2. Admitted his mistake from the Villa game not closing out the game after being up 2-0. Progress today he actually brought on an extra defender.

Irwin99

Seems a decent bloke and comes across well. I know it didn't quite work out for the clean sheet but I see the logic of getting more defenders on when we threw away a game the other week.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
With a proper DM ( Zakaria? Tchouameni? ) this team can move to another level. Our only true #6 is an aging Matic. Fred still loses too many balls in the middle (through poor passing or poor first touch), and can get bypassed too easily in the defensive phases. McTominay is turning into an effective #8 but is not a number #6. In the #6 role he gets done too often, and he lacks defensive awareness and positioning.
There's just too much indiscipline in the middle of the park. Players have no defined roles and if they have they are not following the coaches orders. We're just too open it's embarrassing.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Thought scott was man of the match tonight in the 8 channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.