Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
But why would we need him ? He was retired..
We could have got conte ( if we were smart ) , Valverde , even the Sevilla coach.. they would have better coaches than Ralf .. who was retired and having. a good time in Ukraine
Because it gave him time to assess the squad and what we need. As well as help line up the next manager. Longer term thinking

Real Name

But why would we need him ? He was retired..
We could have got conte ( if we were smart ) , Valverde , even the Sevilla coach.. they would have better coaches than Ralf .. who was retired and having. a good time in Ukraine
He wasn't retired and he was in Russia.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Why's RR playing him then? He's got Lindelof, he's got Bailly, it's RR selecting the XI not Ole

As for not having long to implement his ideas I say again lesser managers with lesser players manage to do it
Rangnick deserves stick for sticking with maguire and rashford. Even ole stuck with them till get got sacked.

Unless the board has asked both rangnick and ole that they cant be dropped.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Not even sure I want this guy going upstairs with his insistence on the likes of Maguire and routinely wasting subs on Rashford and Lingard.

Also called De Gea the best keeper in the world despite the fact no top club would have an archaic keeper like him.

Worrying times if this guy is going to be directing the future.
I really don’t believe he rates DdG that highly, if he said this then just to boost his confidence.
I mean only a couple of weeks ago he criticised him indirectly when he said “Man City’s goal keeper almost plays like a defender”

Based Adnan

I really don’t believe he rates DdG that highly, if he said this then just to boost his confidence.
I mean only a couple of weeks ago he criticised him indirectly when he said “Man City’s goal keeper almost plays like a defender”
I hope you're right but there was also talks of De Gea getting a new contract recently

Cro

Just laughable that so many on here are constantly whining and blaming the manager. We started really good, looked well prepared and lost our way during the last third in the first half and never really recovered after that goal - against a clever, nasty Atlético team. We have a weak mentality, an unbalanced squad and too many players clearly lack game intelligence, just like a lot of fans on here, as can be seen after every defeat. The last one to blame is the manager in this situation.

A massive clearout is needed and Ralf should have a big say in who stays and who goes. Is Rangnick as good as Pep or Klopp? Of course not, but he has football knowledge in abundance, is as professional as it comes and clearly knows, what clubs and teams need to be successful. Get over it and accept, that this team is just not up to the standard required to win anything this season.

edgecutter

Why's RR playing him then? He's got Lindelof, he's got Bailly, it's RR selecting the XI not Ole

As for not having long to implement his ideas I say again lesser managers with lesser players manage to do it
Yeah, ole did it and look what happened? We need a top manager, but ralf isn't the fault for the shite we're in.

I agree that maguire shouldn't play, but the club has spent a fortune and who knows what ralf has to agree to or if he thinks playing the 'captain' is something that he has to do. The clubs a mess

Paul_Scholes18

Failed in all competitions. We have been unlucky with refs, but it is no excuse. Overall not good enough.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
None of this lot are his players, for all we now he might not rate any of them, still has to pick a team though. Him managing the team first hand will be a massive benefit if he does go upstairs as he’s got first hand experience of all of them. It’ll serve the next manager well having a detailed briefing on the entire squad before he even starts.

RepardReece

Just laughable that so many on here are constantly whining and blaming the manager. We started really good, looked well prepared and lost our way during the last third in the first half and never really recovered after that goal - against a clever, nasty Atlético team. We have a weak mentality, an unbalanced squad and too many players clearly lack game intelligence, just like a lot of fans on here, as can be seen after every defeat. The last one to blame is the manager in this situation.

A massive clearout is needed and Ralf should have a big say in who stays and who goes. Is Rangnick as good as Pep or Klopp? Of course not, but he has football knowledge in abundance, is as professional as it comes and clearly knows, what clubs and teams need to be successful. Get over it and accept, that this team is just not up to the standard required to win anything this season.
Comments like these are what we need more off in Redcafe. An actual logical view on the current circumstance. Agree completely.

evil_geko

One of rare good comments in this thread.

city-puma

Since Ole left, our players have improved the form and the injury issues have been easing. But as a team, the form doesn’t pick up really. I think the main reason is the rigid structure needs time to get into players’ mindset and it also needs players with certain profile to be successful. Thus, as a short term fix, Ralf is a bad appointment.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Is that the excuse his apologists are using tonight? Dear god.
- Forced to play players
- Poor squad
- He is only interim
- Can only do so much
- blah blah blah

Truth is, we can’t attack, we can’t defend, we don’t look good as a team, players don’t look good individually. LvG mk II, just worse.
Let’s be honest, if he had overseen the Villarreal game instead of Carrick, we wouldn’t even have qualified for the knocking stage.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Ralf rangnick was the caretaker manager that pretty much most of the fans wanted. Now that things aren’t going to well everyone is questioning why we got him? The plan is that he takes over until the end of the season and then moves upstairs, people can’t expect him to come in mid season and win us the champions league. He’s trying to implement a style but we don’t have the right players to fit into his style. It took klopp about 3 years to build his team and start challenging for stuff. With the correct manager in the summer and ralf working behind the scenes, we should be alright going forward.

Judas

Open to offers
Seasons dead, don't really feel much need to discuss him much more. He's obviously not getting the job full time, so no point going mad over analysing his work.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
I see so many posts these days with lists of players who should stay and who should go. Honestly it’s this type of thinking that puts us in this mess (amongst other things).

The very first thing that whoever manages us from next year has to do is figure out how he wants us to play. What our system should be. What our overall strategy and philosophy is. What our tactical set up is. From there, you can start thinking about which players work and which don’t. Which might not be the best players individually in our squad. And whilst we work to get the right type of players in, we can figure out how to match that with what’s best for us to succeed in the short term.

But the number one fundamental starting point is this. We need to stop just buying the best players who may or may not work together. It’s time to really fix this. Might take several years but it’s the only way.

The_Midfielder

Because it gave him time to assess the squad and what we need. As well as help line up the next manager. Longer term thinking
These players are failing not because if squad .. its due to mentality..We are not clutch anymore.. players are unable to perform. due to constant pressure .. we lost that mentality after Saf . Simeone has it .. We need to get somebody like him.. ETH is the new savior here .. I doubt he will be a success

dinostar77

Ralf has hardly been here six months, doesnt have the personnel to play the style of football that made such an impression on tuchel, klopp etc when they were younger managers working their way up the ranks of football.

He's also dealing with a toxic dressing room, that by all accounts is split into factions. Add to that players not listening in training or carrying out instructions as requested and you have a giant clusterfeck. But lets blame the manager as its all his fault. Nothing to blame the overhyped, primmadonna squad we have who wouldn't know hard work and graft if it was staring them in the face.

There's alot of work to do to fix this club, this is Ralf's speciality. Lets hope the board stick to their word and listen to his advice and that of the new incoming manager.

BlueHaze

No point even talking about him as a manager anymore the season is done.

We can now only hope he does a better job upstairs.

PoTMS

Seasons dead, don't really feel much need to discuss him much more. He's obviously not getting the job full time, so no point going mad over analysing his work.
There's some absolute mentalists on here that want him to stay if we can't get Ten Haag.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Since Ole left, our players have improved the form and the injury issues have been easing. But as a team, the form doesn’t pick up really. I think the main reason is the rigid structure needs time to get into players’ mindset and it also needs players with certain profile to be successful. Thus, as a short term fix, Ralf is a bad appointment.
Have they feck, they've got worse

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Loads slating his subs tonight.
Genuine question, what subs would you have made?

I can see logic in every sub.
Matic to help the build up from deeper, calm, carrying the ball.
Cavani, you're looking for a goal, you bring on your striker?
Pogba, you have to bring him to try something.
Mata, it's got a real hail Mary logic to it, which is to say it doesn't really make sense. But we definitely needed something different, maybe a player to keep his head at a pivotal moment. Move the ball quickly higher up the pitch.
Rashford, okay, no logic. Just a twisted hope.

But genuinely, what subs do you make?
Lingard? Jones? Wan Bissaka?

You can argue don't take off Bruno. He wasn't doing much. I'm okay with trying something different.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It's the Glazers who need to go. They are responsible for this mess. Nobody else unless you count Woodward who I just view as a Glazer anyway.

charlenefan

- Forced to play players
- Poor squad
- He is only interim
- Can only do so much
- blah blah blah

Truth is, we can’t attack, we can’t defend, we don’t look good as a team, players don’t look good individually. LvG mk II, just worse.
Let’s be honest, if he had overseen the Villarreal game instead of Carrick, we wouldn’t even have qualified for the knocking stage.
Carrick's the only one who's got a tune out of these players this season

Born2Lose

How the hell this guy can still give Rashford minutes in important games is beyond me.That he seems keen on video analysis and stats and still can't see it makes it even more bizarre.

Move him upstairs and let him do what he's actually good at.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I’ve enjoyed having a manager who talks sense but with the benefit of hindsight we might as well have stuck with Carrick as interim boss.

At the time we all had a degree of hope that these players could go from not being coached professionally for three seasons to playing Rangnick’s style. I don’t even blame the board for that naivety on this occasion but we now know that was never going to happen in the middle of a season with this squad and it’s another failure from the board.

That said, if we somehow finish 4th, that’s still mission accomplished. It’s just looking very unlikely right now.

BlueHaze

Yup. We'll never get back to the top with those leeches at the club.
That's true but if oil princes were the alternative I'd probably become so disgusted I'd stop following the team completely. The corruption from them is more sickening that the glazer vermin.

charlenefan

Thank feck he’s only the interim boss.
Not really, we've wasted over half a season with him, time that's costed us 2 (ok that might be a stretch) trophies and UCL football for next season. I can't just shrug that off because we know he's gone in a few weeks

3KDré

He's been given the time to assess the squad from the inside out. I hope to God he is allowed to actually do what's required and purge half the squad and get in the correct coach. This coming summer is incredibly important.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think we played well and then in typical United fashion, we shit the bed in 2nd half. For me Rangnick gets a free pass this season

charlenefan

He's been given the time to assess the squad from the inside out. I hope to God he is allowed to actually do what's required and purge half the squad and get in the correct coach. This coming summer is incredibly important.
Half the squad is out of contract thankfully

Status
Not open for further replies.