Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OTRightWinger07

i am so glad we are appointing a modern football manager.

pochetino isnt that. some people are making stuff up.

and we also dogded a bullet with conte. he is another old school who wins trophies when the rest are not doing well.

gengepress, here we go.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Sat next to the monitor is a bottle of whiskey, an Ash tray and a big ass cigar. You just know that rooms going to be smoked out within 15 minutes.
That image would fit Schalke's former manager Rudi Assauer, not his head coach Ralf Rangnick, but they were a great duo for the club :lol:

Water Melon

I hope Ralf elevates us, but in any case, it does seem that the Club are finally trying to start building a solid foundation with a long term grassroot vision. It really is incredible that it took ud almost a decade to see what is wrong and how to correct it.

Flexdegea

German club fans have a massive inferiority complex, small league syndrome I call it. They despise the premier league, to the extent they would even rather players in the Bundesliga move to Bayern when they don't even support them, rather than move to the PL. Very odd some of them.

Your last sentences nailed it, that was the maddest thing of the whole Sancho saga. Bizarre stuff

Antarion

He is the german Mourinho. Good coach but he has a ego style that will make players rebel against in the long run. Good that he is here for only this season

Tony247

I meant this video.
Pretty sure managers having good relationship with each other exchange information, knowledge on regular basis.

You are just reading too much between the line. And also british media hyping up Rangnick by picking specific bits from klopp.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Klopp is not going to say anything else than that he rates him when asked about it in a press conference. But if you read between the lines, the anecdote about how Rangnick used to call him about opposition info could give you a hint of just how much Klopp regards Rangnick as his "mentor", "teacher" or philosophical "godfather"..
Humility and shame isn't something that's really shown in the German leagues, so I wouldn't expect you to have those two qualities. Actually, German clubs tend to lick their own spit off of the floor more often than not. But what Klopp was feeling was a feeling of being proud. He was proud and excited that his senior was reaching out to him.

A bit like how the Premier league is a senior, in terms of being more respected and appreciated, to the German league.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
It'd be nice if discussions about German football didn't end up with 'they are a farmers league and lick their own balls' but it appears we're destined to keep going.

You could say it's the Caf's DNA.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It's so funny because if there's a personification of the German inferiority/superiority complex and small league syndrome in football, it is exactly Ralf Rangnick :lol:

It's like you actually hired @Zehner to be your new manager because you liked his posts about modern tactics and German coaching so much
I meant this video.

And I don't think that, if you compare my post and the one I was responding to, you will end up thinking that I am the one interpreting too much into it. As I responded to someone claiming that Utd players will watch Klopp compliment Rangnick and Rangnick will draw authority from that...
Bit moody today?

See, I didn't follow the previous conversation and just came across your comment on the Klopp/Rangnick anecdote, didn't see it in the video and was curious what happened. And after watching it, I don't think there's much between the lines - nothing more, nothing less.

romufc

Is it just me or is the English media hyping him up way too much already? I’m sure they will be the first ones to call him a flop or something one or two weeks in.
Go check what the Germans think of him then.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Is it just me or is the English media hyping him up way too much already? I’m sure they will be the first ones to call him a flop or something one or two weeks in.
Remember reading all these training changes when we hired Van Gaal, hopefully this time it will be different.

Infestissumam

feck me, it's great to see that the club embraces this and gives him the keys. About time we open up to new ideas, we'll benefit a ton from this in the long run.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
But what Klopp was feeling was a feeling of being proud. He was proud and excited that his senior was reaching out to him.
And he acknowledged Rangnick won the league, he didn't. Surely he got some advice in exchange for his insights into the other teams, so he had every rights to be happy that he was seen as a valuable contact by the guy steamrolling the league.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Remember reading all these training changes when we hired Van Gaal, hopefully this time it will be different.
With LVG there were also a lot of horror stories, and how his football is outdated, and how he rubs players the wrong way. Many many stories came to light when he signed for us

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
You can’t be less tribal if it’s Germany or die?
You are tribal, we're correcting wrong information. That's a difference. There are enough sticks to beat the Bundesliga with (one horse league, boring, etc.), there's no need to make things up and then be butthurt when people call out your stupidity.

If I was saying "Liverpool gifts all their players to Manchester United" I'm sure you would also disagree with me because I'm factually wrong. Doesn't make you a scouser as you'd say. Believe it or not, some people are actually annoyed by fake news being spread around and don't believe it just because they want them to be true.

0le

LvG did manage to implement his style though. Unfortunately it just bored most of us to death and for a number of reasons, did not work out in the end.

Mindhunter

Here is why I am really impressed by how the club handled this (credit where it is due):
  • They didn't get into a protracted pursuit of Pochettino knowing fully well that time is of the essence
  • Started negotiations through intermediaries early and then directly contacted Rangnick after the Watford game
  • Told reporters (off the record) that they were looking for a tactician, not just a motivator
  • Gave themselves 4 months to make the right choice for a long term manager
  • Brought in a brilliant football man to assist Murtough for the next 2 years
Source is the article from The Athletic if anyone is interested.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
LvG did manage to implement his style though. Unfortunately it just bored most of us to death and for a number of reasons, did not work out in the end.
One of the big problems for LVG is that his style and system relies on a group of extremely skilled and creative forwards and we didn't have them which meant that all the good work done from defense to midfield reached a dead end in the last third. And LvG has always been teriible when it comes to suggesting signings, so our non-existent structure couldn't save his skin.

Water Melon

He set us back 3 years
To be frank, none of the managers post SAF developed and elevated us. I blame the Board for this, especially Woodward. Hopefully, this time around we are finally moving in the right direction.

Suedesi

The state of these posts. Ignore all the context and just pure stupidity. We've really let a lot of clowns start posting freely and openly wumming in the Manchester United forum.

Laughable thing is that this is not the first time he has done this. The bloke continuously trawls through United forum and leaves no opportunity to not shit on the club/or make a WUM post. Utter clown.
We need someone to take the piss out after RR wins us the treble.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
So excited for this appointment… we will finally get to enjoy watching entertaining football! Obviously we will lose some but nobody will be bothered aslong as we’re playing well and look like a team that plays together and as a plan. I like the fact rangnick hates backwards passes and says the keeper should barely get touches with his feet… he encourages forward and vertical passes when in possession. He will get us so organised when out of possession also. Love the fact the German prem managers are praising him as he thought them everything!

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
gengepress, here we go.
I've been spelling it Gengenpress too. In my head it's like Genghis Khan does Gangham style.

Sadly I now realise it's spelled Gegenpress and boringly just means counter-press.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I was watching ESPNFC yesterday and everyone there agreed that Ronaldo and Bruno are going to have a hard time with RR style of pressing. I could see Bruno buying in and definitely Cavani, but Ronaldo?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Just occurred to me, in a way Rangnick is to Tuchel and co. what Bielsa is to Guardiola. Was a pioneer but never made it to the very top, partly because he's too idealistic and undiplomatic for a top club, and as a consequence overtaken by his "students".

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I've been spelling it Gengenpress too. In my head it's like Genghis Khan does Gangham style.

Sadly I now realise it's spelled Gegenpress and boringly just means counter-press.
And you're really, truly, allowed to call it counter-press, too. It's not actually a German invention no matter what is being claimed whenever a German manager gets hired

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I was watching ESPNFC yesterday and everyone there agreed that Ronaldo and Bruno are going to have a hard time with RR style of pressing. I could see Bruno buying in and definitely Cavani, but Ronaldo?
Why will Bruno have hard time when his work rate is very good, oh wait ESPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.