Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
"I spoke to the board and said shouldn't we at least speak and try and analyse if we could get a player either on loan or as a permanent deal but in the end the answer was no."

"I still believe that we should have at least tried, if we would've found and been able in 48 hours, 48 hours is short notice but it's still 48 hours, it might have been worth to try and internally discuss but we didn't and it was not done."

Am loving this. Go on Ralf now that shots have been fired, don't hold back please.

WPMUFC

"I spoke to the board and said shouldn't we at least speak and try and analyse if we could get a player either on loan or as a permanent deal but in the end the answer was no."

"I still believe that we should have at least tried, if we would've found and been able in 48 hours, 48 hours is short notice but it's still 48 hours, it might have been worth to try and internally discuss but we didn't and it was not done."

Am loving this. Go on Ralf now that shots have been fired, don't hold back please.
i'm really scared that he's being this honest because he knows his consultancy role is already a dead end and no change is coming. :(

Bash92

I don't think he meant we should have tried to sign any of Diaz, Vlaohvic or Alvaraz. I think the point he is trying to make is that for some clubs to have found strikers to sign that means there are players available to go for. He is just using those players as an example

RopersReturn

Indeed, Ralfs gone up in my estimation after this revelation. I hope he continues to high light the inadequacies of the shower in control.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Rangnick's 'assessment', "look Liverpool, Juventus and City bought someone". Cutting edge insight :lol:.
Do you expect him to divulge every layer of the assessment in the press conference? Hes transparent as feck but not that much. Evidently hes fast forwarded straight to the conclusion again.

When he first openly ripped into the recruitment decisions over the past 8 years, the global head of scouting were sacked within 24 hours. I don't think that and yesterday's quotes are just circumstantial coincidences.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Rangnick's 'assessment', "look Liverpool, Juventus and City bought someone". Cutting edge insight :lol:.
Do you always have a complete lack of understanding of basic things you just read?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
And it highlights that the board have continually put their fingers in their ears when confronted with the truth.
You've got it wrong. The board agreed with Ralf's assessment and were willing to invest, but the scouting department told the board that no-one was available to improve us.

Ted Lasso

It's disgraceful that they've allowed to get away with this for so long.
Indeed. As frustrating as this season finishes I'm over the moon with the board valuing Ragnik to the extent that some of these behind-the-scenes fraudsters have been forced to resign. Wouldn't surprise me that they were the same ones over rating our existing players and allowing player power to shift so dramatically.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You should be more worried about our scouting department saying there's no one available that can help us. Talk about not doing your job
You won't find anyone more critical of our scouting or squad over the last few years. Everyone is catching up now.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
i'm really scared that he's being this honest because he knows his consultancy role is already a dead end and no change is coming. :(
He doesn't give a damn i think about the consultancy. But he's calling a spade and may he fully expose the nincompoops in charge of critical decisions.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Indeed, Ralfs gone up in my estimation after this revelation. I hope he continues to high light the inadequacies of the shower in control.
Yes. A proper forward may have been the catalyst for UCL qualification but it will be all hindsight now. Let's see how many more facts he dishes out.

Roane

Ralf has protected the board with his statement by saying "the board agreed" and it was the scouts who said no.

It sew him and the board are one on this and I don't think he would be making certain statements without the backing of the board.

For me these are very good signs of a change happening.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
He’s defending his own performance. Rightly so too. It is so obvious that we really needed to buy one, or two, or three. He got nothing.

Foxbatt

Ralf has protected the board with his statement by saying "the board agreed" and it was the scouts who said no.

It sew him and the board are one on this and I don't think he would be making certain statements without the backing of the board.

He has been around for a long time. The things he has been saying, he would not be saying unless he has got the approval from someone higher up. Looks like both Murtough and Arnold are using him to bring change.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

I see it the same way. There's a reason why Murtough was so desperate to bring him in.

DSG

First of all, no doubt that the board and the organization are idiots. For those of you who think Ralf has changed anything, you’re deluded. That’s not a criticism of Ralf, it’s a criticism of the leadership in the club. More worrisome if you ask me.

Secondly, very deft what Ralf did in that presser. When he could have avoided that whole line of questioning, he clearly wanted everyone to know that he, personally, went to the board to ask for reinforcements, and was turned down by the scouting department. It’s convenient for him, and self preserving too.

Why was he so worried about attackers when most of the issues were with the midfield and defense? I get that the Greenwood situation panicked everyone, but there were other areas in the squad that needed to be addressed, particularly at DM. Did he push for additions in other areas?

He has still been a completely shit manager. Tactically outfoxed in so many matches, picking very naive starting 11s (Dalot on the left vs Mo Salah, anyone?), persisting with a 4-2-2-2 when it was clear it wasn’t working, failure to stop leaking goals… Cynically, you’d have to say he’s throwing punches on his way out to preserve his reputation. My guess is that when he’s gone as manager in a few weeks, there will be plenty anti-Ralf stories leaked by management and players.

So many in this thread are giving Ralf credit for “telling it like it is”. We’ve known that there has been poor leadership of the club since SAF left… how is this news?

devips

I wonder at Cafe hypocrisy. On the one hand, they give hell to Lingard for indicating the dressing room is a disaster, and on the other hail Saint Ralf for outing club secrets.

TheReligion

Abusive
You won't find anyone more critical of our scouting or squad over the last few years. Everyone is catching up now.
The replies to the nonsense you come out with should indicate to anyone with a modicum of self awareness that they are wide of the mark. Perhaps you need to catch up yourself.

crossy1686

career ending
First of all, no doubt that the board and the organization are idiots. For those of you who think Ralf has changed anything, you’re deluded. That’s not a criticism of Ralf, it’s a criticism of the leadership in the club. More worrisome if you ask me.

Secondly, very deft what Ralf did in that presser. When he could have avoided that whole line of questioning, he clearly wanted everyone to know that he, personally, went to the board to ask for reinforcements, and was turned down by the scouting department. It’s convenient for him, and self preserving too.

Why was he so worried about attackers when most of the issues were with the midfield and defense? I get that the Greenwood situation panicked everyone, but there were other areas in the squad that needed to be addressed, particularly at DM. Did he push for additions in other areas?

He has still been a completely shit manager. Tactically outfoxed in so many matches, picking very naive starting 11s (Dalot on the left vs Mo Salah, anyone?), persisting with a 4-2-2-2 when it was clear it wasn’t working, failure to stop leaking goals… Cynically, you’d have to say he’s throwing punches on his way out to preserve his reputation. My guess is that when he’s gone as manager in a few weeks, there will be plenty anti-Ralf stories leaked by management and players.

So many in this thread are giving Ralf credit for “telling it like it is”. We’ve known that there has been poor leadership of the club since SAF left… how is this news?
Yeah bring Ole back, I preferred it when he just covered for everyone all the time despite there being obvious issues at all levels. What we really need is that kind of passive nature back at the club, it's served us well in the past...

Robbie Boy

I wonder at Cafe hypocrisy. On the one hand, they give hell to Lingard for indicating the dressing room is a disaster, and on the other hail Saint Ralf for outing club secrets.
Your obsession with Lingard is fantastic :lol:

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.

Yes. He tried to reinforce midfield & defence also.

His main target was Amadou Haidara, who we were heavily linked with, but would have been quite expensive (£30m). He also recommended Zakaria, an energetic defensive mid who went to Juve for peanuts (£3.7million) in January. Apparently our scouts turned him down, citing that he wasn't good enough. He's recommended Laimer for the summer apparently also. He's available cheap (£24m). He has a good relationship with Rangnick, and he's now the Austria NT coach too.

He also recommended the young CB Max Kilman from Wolves. He's tall, quick, and good on the ball. He was/is keen on him as a Maguire upgrade for the near future.

Last edited:

DSG

Yes. He tried to reinforce midfield & defence also.

His main target was Amadou Haidara, who we were heavily linked with, but would have been quite expensive (£30m). He also recommended Zakaria, an energetic defensive mid who went to Juve for peanuts (£3.7million) in January. Apparently our scouts turned him down, citing that he wasn't good enough. He's recommended Laimer for the summer apparently also. He's available cheap (£24m). He has a good relationship with Rangnick, and he's now the Austria NT coach too.

He also recommended the young CB Max Kilman from Wolves. He's tall, quick, and good on the ball. He was/is keen on him as a Maguire upgrade for the near future.
Never saw reports on this. Sources?

DSG

Yeah bring Ole back, I preferred it when he just covered for everyone all the time despite there being obvious issues at all levels. What we really need is that kind of passive nature back at the club, it's served us well in the past...
What does this thread and my comment have to do with Ole? Ffs I have just called out the club leadership.

Scottynaldinho

I'm not sure of his coaching/managerial ability. But I'm honestly starting to like his grit and determination as I thought he'd just give up with this board given his short term role. This might help ETH.

Status
Not open for further replies.