Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Think Dalot is the one in trouble more than Laird. That is on the assumption that the article writer hasn't just pulled this out of their arse which is more than likely.
Man can dream. If it's true, agreed that that should be the end of Dalot. And if we keep AWB, Laird won't get many chances either.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I can't even buy the guitar strings I like from Germany anymore because of Brexit. Why would it be easier to deliver a person to the UK?!
I can feel your frustration about this. There's nothing a good wank can't solve.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
As others have said, the delay speaks to the stupidity of keeping OGS for the Watford game. RR could have been done dusted in the international break. Carrick would have probably seen us through Watford.

NewYorkRed

"COULD" does not mean "WILL". I swear they do it to trigger you lot.
I agree, I can guarantee this will not end up being the case. He’ll be here for Palace. Just click-bait to generate some frustration from the largest fan base in the world.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I called this with Pogba!

He presses more than people recognise and his languid style gives the impression he doesn’t (on top of the layer of unnecessary hatred he’s viewed through.)

Ralf won’t discard him like some claim because he presses more than most in the team and is obviously much more talented.

I hold hope Ralf and his system can get the best from Paul.
Definitely. Rangnick isn’t stupid.

Artimities

Just because I'm not happy with Carrick's cowardly tactics and thought we played abjectly?

Seems more like common sense than blindly making excuses for him.
I heard and I am not sure if it has been posted, that the chelsea game plan was actually Ralph's that was sent over. It seems odd to do something like that without laying eyes on the team. Any idea if that is true or not?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I heard and I am not sure if it has been posted, that the chelsea game plan was actually Ralph's that was sent over. It seems odd to do something like that without laying eyes on the team. Any idea if that is true or not?
Just look at Tuchel's reaction when he was asked the same question.

It's bollocks.

GMoore23

I called this with Pogba!

He presses more than people recognise and his languid style gives the impression he doesn’t (on top of the layer of unnecessary hatred he’s viewed through.)

Ralf won’t discard him like some claim because he presses more than most in the team and is obviously much more talented.

I hold hope Ralf and his system can get the best from Paul.
Definitely. Rangnick isn’t stupid.
Pogba will hopefully be leaving in January, I'm fed up with the fecking circus.
How do you think Rangnick will react to Pogba's agent unsettling the squad every few weeks.

USREDEVIL

Not sacking Ole right after City looks incredibly stupid now. Oh well, i assume he can do some volunteer work at Carrington in the meantime.

Zapata

who's more credible that tyrone marshall lad or the ogden fellow?

spiriticon

Regardless of whether he's in the dugout or not, you can be sure that the work has already started behind the scenes.

RUCK4444

Pogba will hopefully be leaving in January, I'm fed up with the fecking circus.
How do you think Rangnick will react to Pogba's agent unsettling the squad every few weeks.
Good coaches appreciate and know how to get the best from good players.

But I’m sure letting our best midfielders leave and keeping the likes of Scott and a past-it Matic is what’s best …

Blood Mage

I'm guessing this is also a factor in why he's not bringing his own staff with him? They'd need to get visas too which would take even more time. Feck Brexit seriously.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Good coaches appreciate and know how to get the best from good players.

But I’m sure letting our best midfielders leave and keeping the likes of Scott and a past-it Matic is what’s best …
Rangnick randomly mentioned Pogba once in the past saying he wouldn't swap Naby Keita for Pogba due to their style of play. Don't think it's much of a reach to assume he won't be big on him.

RUCK4444

Rangnick randomly mentioned Pogba once in the past saying he wouldn't swap Naby Keita for Pogba due to their style of play. Don't think it's much of a reach to assume he won't be big on him.
Yeah listen he might think he’s terrible for tactics but the fact is Pogba presses more than anybody except Fred and he’s clearly the most gifted player in the squad (if not frustrating as well.)

Id be looking at a few more limited players who are pressing less than Pogba as a starting point.

BlueHaze

From what he said about young players (17 to 23), buying players like Jadon Sancho, Donny van de Beek, Amad Diallo, Aaron Wan-Bissaka. Facundo Pellistri, Danny James, and several younger prospects like Hannibal Mejbri, fits very well with Rangnick’s plan.

Also promoting the likes of Tuanzebe, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood, Garner, Williams, Elanga, Mejbri and Shoretire to the first team squad, and Mengi, Laird, Gailbraith and Levitt for spells, should be something he wishes to continue rather than change up. He also said the balance of player ages is very good already in the United squad.

What will be interesting is if he will have different choices on what profile of players to play, who to give cameos and who to loan out. And if he will make changes in how the academy teams train and play with regards to being ready for the first team style of play.
For sure it will be interesting. I think in regards of signings he will probably recommend to the board young talents with lower release clauses, those types of players many have not heard of. This is all just a guess. We all know as soon as we want someone prices go through the roof. He has never experienced that before so it's interesting to see if the strategy he has had so far in his career will work over here.

I hope we sign good and smart so we have players we know we can rely on rather than signing players that falls into the deadwood category after a season or two. This is his first time working at a massive top club so the pressure on him here will be completely different to what he's used to. I'm interested to see how he copes with that.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I was reading that he got rid of the u23 level at previous clubs. You’re u18, then loaned, promoted or sold. I wonder is this something that he will implement at United?

spiriticon

Er, no. That suggestion could negatively impact his application. Until he's got the visa he isn't legally entitled to do the work.
He's not physically working at Carrington for sure. But I bet he's been planning training and tactical sessions over Zoom or Teams with Carrick and Co.

His influence is there I'm sure.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I was reading that he got rid of the u23 level at previous clubs. You’re u18, then loaned, promoted or sold. I wonder is this something that he will implement at United?
It is something we have worked towards in a different way, players generally aren't kept around the side into their early 20's unless they have a genuine shot at making it or have something that the coaches believe could translate to being a useful squad member. Evidenced by how much younger our Academy and U-23's have been getting over the last couple of years.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
He's not physically working at Carrington for sure. But I bet he's been planning training and tactical sessions over Zoom or Teams with Carrick and Co.

That would still violate the principles. He can prepare on his own but actually doing manager things with staff without visa clearance could see his application rejected.

spiriticon

That would still violate the principles. He can prepare on his own but actually doing manager things with staff without visa clearance could see his application rejected.
I mean.. yes I guess but who's gonna police this strictly? If he got pictured in Carrington, there will be trouble, but I doubt The Work and Pensions Department sent an inspector to the Lowry or whereever he is to check whether he's been video calling the staff

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I mean.. yes I guess but who's gonna police this strictly? If he got pictured in Carrington, there will be trouble, but I doubt The Work and Pensions Department sent an inspector to the Lowry or whereever he is to check whether he's been video calling the staff
You'd be surprised at the things they check. Anyway, it's a risk and one that such a high profile appointment would be instructed not to take. We can afford to wait until his visa is approved.

0le

Is there a legal requirement to run an academy?

Coops73

Surely he’d be using TeamViewer

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I'm a little bit worried that this might turn us in to Red Bull Manchester.

Hopefully he realises that we are here to understand his tactical mindset more so than exactly going after players who Red Bull Leipzig or Salzburg might go for.

I'm sure I'm just worried for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.