Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretzels81

Not Salty…
Too good to be true, it's like a dream; proper coach, brand of modern German football, our response to Klopp and Tuchel.

Ed and Ole are long gone, fresh air; we are a well-run club again.

George Beast

You'd be surprised at the things they check. Anyway, it's a risk and one that such a high profile appointment would be instructed not to take. We can afford to wait until his visa is approved.
What are they going to check? I'm not even sure his presence at Carrington would be an issue. They won't have him there because that would be taking the piss but absolutely no way he's just sat in his room or whatever with zero input on the team

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
What are they going to check? I'm not even sure his presence at Carrington would be an issue. They won't have him there because that would be taking the piss but absolutely no way he's just sat in his room or whatever with zero input on the team
If you're coming to a country with the intent to work and you don't have a visa you'll be turned back at the first point of entry. Border services will check your phone, computer and anything else you might have that mentions a working arrangement. Ragnick really can't assume any duties until that visa is in place.

George Beast

If you're coming to a country with the intent to work and you don't have a visa you'll be turned back at the first point of entry. Border services will check your phone, computer and anything else you might have that mentions a working arrangement. Ragnick really can't assume any duties until that visa is in place.
They're not going to go through his phone and laptop :lol: Under what authority? I'm assuming they'd need proof that he's been working before they can try determine if that actually was the case, otherwise I find it hard to believe that for no reason other than you applying for a work visa, these border services have complete authority to go through absolutely anyone's private phone and laptop with the aim of proving you were working so that they can reject your application

Ottawa MLS Fan

He can’t start work without his work permit, other than looking at game tapes etc on his own. If he goes to Carrington you can guarantee that some journalist will snap a photo of him arriving, and good luck convincing some government dogsbody that he wasn’t working. As somebody said earlier that is a sure way to get his application denied.

DBT85

They're not going to go through his phone and laptop :lol: Under what authority? I'm assuming they'd need proof that he's been working before they can try determine if that actually was the case, otherwise I find it hard to believe that for no reason other than you applying for a work visa, these border services have complete authority to go through absolutely anyone's private phone and laptop with the aim of proving you were working so that they can reject your application
When you are coming into the country they can and will probe your anus if they suspect there is something hidden there. A laptop is nothing.

Realistically the club know not to suggest in any way that Ralf has done any work until the visa or accepted. If Carrick says he did it all then that's all the evidence that exists. Can't stop him going to a game or talking about football.

Now if only we lived in a single union that would have allowed him to just come and work for us without all this nonsense.

MalaysianRed7

This might genuinely be the best footballing decision the Glazers have made since their takeover in 2005. As much of a state that proves they are, this is a really top drawer appointment. In Rangnick, we’ve got a man who influenced the gegenpressing games of Tuchel, Klopp, Flick and Nagelsmann, has a magnificent record in the transfer market in terms of discovering hidden gems and has a knowledge of football probably wider than our entire previous coaching staff’s put together. He’ll undoubtedly be respected by the dressing room as well, considering his status as a pioneering tactician in Germany. An infinitesimal detail considering they should respect the tea lady if she was in charge, but an important one nonetheless.

Seems like he’s already been doing his research on our recent games and training sessions as well, which is lovely to hear. Our pressing is remarkably uncoordinated, to the point where I don’t think accusations aimed at Ole such as him probably only telling them ‘run for each other and show desire’ before games are unfair. We’ll see if that happens under the father of counter-pressing. “Either you press or you don’t, either you’re pregnant or you’re not!”

It’s even more exciting that he’ll be calling the shots in terms of recruitment and hiring his permanent successor next year. This man knows his football, something Woodward, Judge and Arnold cannot claim to do. There are already rumours that he wants best in class, but that man is not Poch. In that case, it can only be Ten Hag off the top of my head, if it’s about continuing his style of play. Not a bad start!

George Beast

When you are coming into the country they can and will probe your anus if they suspect there is something hidden there. A laptop is nothing.
They won't suspect there is something hidden there, is the point, and even if they did, are they really going to try find it (I mean in his laptop )? We're talking about one of the most respected men in football and interim manager of Manchester United here, not one of us plebs.

Realistically the club know not to suggest in any way that Ralf has done any work until the visa or accepted. If Carrick says he did it all then that's all the evidence that exists. Can't stop him going to a game or talking about football.
Exactly. They don't and won't have proof of anything and I'd be amazed if he's not already involved. Although come to think of it, maybe Fletch's earpiece is what's causing the delay because that was so ridiculously obvious :lol:

choccy77

Now if only we lived in a single union that would have allowed him to just come and work for us without all this nonsense.
He can do as much work for United as he likes from Germany. Nothing against him managing from a computer if he wanted on zoom.

BlueHaze

I'm a little bit worried that this might turn us in to Red Bull Manchester.

Hopefully he realises that we are here to understand his tactical mindset more so than exactly going after players who Red Bull Leipzig or Salzburg might go for.

I'm sure I'm just worried for nothing.
I guess time will tell. To be fair this is his first job at a real top club so it will be interesting to see how he copes with that pressure.

Ralph1386

Our pressing is remarkably uncoordinated, to the point where I don’t think accusations aimed at Ole such as him probably only telling them ‘run for each other and show desire’ before games are unfair.
You’re not far off the mark. I mean just look at Bruno. He came in as a world class player, and after less than two years under Ole, he now runs and shoots like a headless chicken.

RuudTom83

His task is by no means an easy one, and he won’t be the first coach to arrive with ideas of returning United to the top!

It will take months to change the playing style, and a busy Christmas period is not the best time to implement new ideas…it might not even be possible in his 6 month spell.

So everyone needs to give him time and not start moaning the second a few bad results happen.

MalaysianRed7

You’re not far off the mark. I mean just look at Bruno. He came in as a world class player, and after less than two years under Ole, he now runs and shoots like a headless chicken.
Good example. It’s impossible to quantify the number of times his one man press has led to us defending in a 4-2-4 shape, making it implausibly easy for teams to bypass our midfield. This should change under Rangnick, I imagine with him acting as the trigger for the midfielders and full backs.

alexthelion

So you want to ignore the main point just to validate your point ? The fact is the board had more than enough time to sack Ole and appoint a new interim during an international break but because of their cluelessness we're where we're now. Their incompetence is the main reason of us having to throw a caretaker into such schedule instead of having Rangnick managing us probably ever since Watford game.
But the point is, they didn't, they waited until after the Watford game. It's fine to comment on the situation as it is but all this whinging and hand-wringing is nonsense.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Where do you live?

alexthelion

:lol: you are relentless. I feel sorry for you. He's literally been in the main job a few days, its not an excuse its a fact.

The people not being patient with a caretaker manager are quite frankly idiots not worthy of a seconds attention. I'm a moron for giving in to the crying really.
But he's been here years, he knows the players, their strengths and weaknesses. Making excuses for him is lame.

I swear posters are just so happy Ole's gone they will accept any mediocrity.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
I can see a difficult initial Christmas period, an FA Cup/European run and a 4th place finish with an improvement in performances by the end of January/mid Feb. Some big wins in the run in and a clamour to get him tied down for the "consultancy" 2 years as head coach.

alexthelion

They won't suspect there is something hidden there, is the point, and even if they did, are they really going to try find it (I mean in his laptop )? We're talking about one of the most respected men in football and interim manager of Manchester United here, not one of us plebs.

Exactly. They don't and won't have proof of anything and I'd be amazed if he's not already involved. Although come to think of it, maybe Fletch's earpiece is what's causing the delay because that was so ridiculously obvious :lol:
So he's very high profile, just the sort they would scrutinise extra carefully.

L1nk

Why can't posters understand this :confused:
I think the point is, they should have, it was obviously untenable after Liverpool, even more so after City, what was the point in keeping it going, giving him a weeks holiday, say we won against Watford.. so what? Posters can't understand the stupid decision of the board that should have recognised it was over prior to the break and Rangnick would have been here in now working

alexthelion

I think the point is, they should have, it was obviously untenable after Liverpool, even more so after City, what was the point in keeping it going, giving him a weeks holiday, say we won against Watford.. so what? Posters can't understand the stupid decision of the board that should have recognised it was over prior to the break and Rangnick would have been here in now working
Doesn't matter what they should or shouldn't have done, the fact is they didn't. No amount of whining, hand-wringing or wishing they had will make it true.

tomaldinho1

Too good to be true, it's like a dream; proper coach, brand of modern German football, our response to Klopp and Tuchel.

Ed and Ole are long gone, fresh air; we are a well-run club again.
He's not really been a coach for a while though, his recent experience has always been filling in midseason when a manager leaves. Last time he was hired as a long term coach at the highest level was probably when we beat his Schalke team around 11/12 so I do think expectations should be tempered somewhat for the remainder of this season. We should 100% be able to make top four but this will be the first time since LVG's first season we are properly going to have the squad learn a whole new style of play.

Cloud7

Haha you are unbelievable.

Most people understand that Carrick is not much of use as a manager right now. Which is why we are not expecting much from our performances and are waiting for Ralf. We are just getting by in the meanwhile.

You on the other hand realize Carrick is not good but are insistent on blasting him.

Not sure what you are trying to achieve. Also not sure why you are not recognizing the fact that nothing can be done about it.
This person was a rabid pro Ole poster. Probably trying to find some link here to make it out that Ole wasn't a disaster and whatever was going on wasn't his fault.

tomaldinho1

Why? It takes 2 fecking seconds to google the fella and know what he’s all about. It’s not like he’s some unknown quantity so why’s there so much red tape holding up the process?
Probably has a lot to do with him being most recently based out of Russia. Would assume immigration don’t award visas based off whether someone is famous or not…

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Canada. We bust people who come here to work but don't have the proper visa all the time. They get sent home on the next available flight.
I used to work for a German company that also had construction projects in Canada. The Canadian visa process was the most feared in our company.

The only country even less favoured by me and my colleagues was Northern Ireland, but due to different reasons...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He's not really been a coach for a while though, his recent experience has always been filling in midseason when a manager leaves. Last time he was hired as a long term coach at the highest level was probably when we beat his Schalke team around 11/12 so I do think expectations should be tempered somewhat for the remainder of this season. We should 100% be able to make top four but this will be the first time since LVG's first season we are properly going to have the squad learn a whole new style of play.
Dont worry, Caftards will have forgotten all that when Rangnick leaves and consider him a failure then. Its written in stone already. Recency effect's strong here.

Status
Not open for further replies.