Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
He was at the club for 6 months and this man blames him for Lokomotiv's transfer for the last few years. What a joke :houllier:. What's next ? Rangnick cause the new covid variant ?
It's utterly bizarre really and shows how little people actually know. That said if it means getting a dig in at the club then why not eh.

The bloke hasn't even taken over yet but he's still getting slagged off.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's also only going to be here 6 months and then he becomes a consultant. if people are thinking he’s going to wave a magic wand and get our existing players pressing and playing a totally new energetic style then I think they might be in for a shock. I just assumed he’d have had a few cheap but effective transfers up his sleeve for the job in Russia but they don’t seem to have done much in his time there. Lokomotiv were 3rd in their league in 20/21 and now they are currently 4th. Maybe it was supposed to be a few years project… just playing devils advocate. I’m as excited about the possibilities as anyone else. He’ll need genuine power to shape this team though.
Yeah he's not going to be here 6 months, he's staying for 2 years and 6 months.

He wasn't brought in to Moscow as a manager or coach. He was brought in to oversee a long term project hence the role he was given. He was a few months into that role now he's joined us.

Do you really have a clue about any of this?

DoctorDark

In the 2nd pic it looks like Murtough has just realised how steep the slope alongside the pitch is!

Because I can't post in the match day thread - just a heads-up that the game will be on Amazon Prime for anyone that has it.
Thank you for that :)

romufc

Our system before gave license to express and free flowing, which is clearly not AWB strength, I'm interested to see how he is under more clear instructions. Think it could really help him.

Yeah, but my main point of objection was that the players you mentioned are too technically limited to how we want to play. I think it's more a case of being technically limited to how Ole wanted to play, the newer system should be far better at creating overloads and space that they can easily pass into.

The example of Robertson was merely pointing out how someone by his own team mates admission, is pretty poor technically, yet is extremely effective in a system set up to not expose him.

I think both the players you mention could vastly improve by our potential new style, because of the more structured nature.
I guess, I just think AWB will be one of the players who will struggle under the RR. I have seen the way his teams played, as soon as a player lost the ball, the first thought is always, get it back. Granted it's not only AWB who struggles with this, I have seen him jog back on too many occasions to trust him.

Rashford is another player I think will struggle unless he changes his attitude, RR will not allow for petulance on the pitch, Rashford seems to have alot of it when the ball isnt played correctly.

Dembeza

I guess, I just think AWB will be one of the players who will struggle under the RR. I have seen the way his teams played, as soon as a player lost the ball, the first thought is always, get it back. Granted it's not only AWB who struggles with this, I have seen him jog back on too many occasions to trust him.

Rashford is another player I think will struggle unless he changes his attitude, RR will not allow for petulance on the pitch, Rashford seems to have alot of it when the ball isnt played correctly.
Isn’t the above the result of poor coaching?

Pressing will be a collective, so when we lose the ball the entire team will press to win the ball back as soon as possible.

Other than Fred, the rest of the team didn’t really try to win the ball immediately after losing it. It always seemed like we were happy to let the other team have the ball until they are on the edge of the box. Even when the player is on the edge of the box we hardly press, look at the Rudiger chance for example.

Players like AWB will improve in the new system. They will have passing options, the team will work as a unit to defend and most importantly they will improve their technical aspects of the game.

Reactions: Penna

SAF is the GOAT

One of the things that makes me mad is our players get the ball - first they need to stop it, then they watch around and see where the other players and after all of that they make a pass.

Those 2 or 3 seconds are critical in the modern game. How many times have we seen Scotty do it ? how many AWB ? how many Fred ? countless of times

Ralf said in an article to "The Coaches Voice" that I agree with completely : " If you want to increase the speed of your game, though, you have to develop quicker minds rather than quicker feet."

Another Quote from him that I liked is :

"Tactics, fitness and rules are all hugely important, but they’re only a means to an end. My job – the job – is to improve players.

Players follow you as a manager if they feel that you make them better. That’s the greatest, most sincere motivation there is. "

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

There are definitely going to be some causalties for sure. I think Greenwood would need change to, the "10 second rule" wouldn't be great for him.

I think now we are set on a style, it's up to the players to adapt or die.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Isn’t the above the result of poor coaching?

Pressing will be a collective, so when we lose the ball the entire team will press to win the ball back as soon as possible.

Other than Fred, the rest of the team didn’t really try to win the ball immediately after losing it. It always seemed like we were happy to let the other team have the ball until they are on the edge of the box. Even when the player is on the edge of the box we hardly press, look at the Rudiger chance for example.

Players like AWB will improve in the new system. They will have passing options, the team will work as a unit to defend and most importantly they will improve their technical aspects of the game.
provided they buy into it, but these are my thoughts too.

Moiraine

Request to Admins, please close/merge multiple threads on the manager, so we can read the latest in one thread.

Dembeza

provided they buy into it, but these are my thoughts too.
I believe the players who don’t make that step up will be at risk of being sold.

I think Dalot and Telles will challenge. If we defend as a unit and have the wingers supporting them in defense then they might just be the attacking fullbacks we are looking for.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I believe the players who don’t make that step up will be at risk of being sold.

I think Dalot and Telles will challenge. If we defend as a unit and have the wingers supporting them in defense then they might just be the attacking fullbacks we are looking for.
Agreed. I think Dalot has one final chance, which is good news for him.

Zevvythered

Whats the thoughts of the cafe that he is needing to bring in some of his own coaching staff?? Doesn’t sound good for the lads that are already there!! Does have a feeling that Ralf will be quickly moving on people that ain’t up to scratch..

Must be a song there about the German sent to clean up Man United

redrobed

Apparently only getting 100m in January. How are we supposed to sign Haland with that? Glazers aren’t even trying to hide the fact they’re bleeding us dry now.

ohhrooney

Apparently only getting 100m in January. How are we supposed to sign Haland with that? Glazers aren’t even trying to hide the fact they’re bleeding us dry now.
If we do try to get Haland, it will be during the summer transfer window, not January.

This window will be us getting a solid interim midfielder.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers

If RR is as clever as we should all hope, he should be able to adapt his methods and requirements onto the existing squad.
And what I am hoping for most of all is that he will start to actually improve each of the players such that they can implement the necessary changes.
Yes that is a lot to ask in such a short period of time.
But most of the individual players have quite a lot of improvement potential to be gained.
So plenty of scope.
Edit.
Just look at what Klopp has achieved with Jota.

Chairman Steve

For the next manager while Rangnick moves to the advisory position, just like it was announced?
But what if the new guy doesn’t want Haaland for whatever reason? Do the board already know who the new guy is going to be or are they buying Haaland (obviously good player) and working around that when searching for the new guy?

romufc

If RR is as clever as we should all hope, he should be able to adapt his methods and requirements onto the existing squad.
And what I am hoping for most of all is that he will start to actually improve each of the players such that they can implement the necessary changes.
Yes that is a lot to ask in such a short period of time.
But most of the individual players have quite a lot of improvement potential to be gained.
So plenty of scope.
Edit.
Just look at what Klopp has achieved with Jota.

Agreed, there are alot of players in our squad with potential, I can see him improving alot of them.

Jota was a very good player at Wolves, he fitted Klopps system, which is why they bought him.

I could reverse this and say, look at Klopp with Benteke, Sakho, Clyne. Yes, these managers can improve players but sometimes they just aren't able to.

RR hasn't got much time with this squad, his aim would be more improving the team and the squad rather than focus too much on individuals. It is also up to the individual to improve and find ways of improving.

Seven Seas Sardines

But what if the new guy doesn’t want Haaland for whatever reason? Do the board already know who the new guy is going to be or are they buying Haaland (obviously good player) and working around that when searching for the new guy?
Yeah the only reasons anyone wouldn't want Håland are Raiola and high wages, neither of which the manager have to worry about when Rangnick is in charge.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If the new guy doesn't want Haaland he is a bit thick.

JohnnyKills

One of the things that makes me mad is our players get the ball - first they need to stop it, then they watch around and see where the other players and after all of that they make a pass.

Those 2 or 3 seconds are critical in the modern game. How many times have we seen Scotty do it ? how many AWB ? how many Fred ? countless of times

Ralf said in an article to "The Coaches Voice" that I agree with completely : " If you want to increase the speed of your game, though, you have to develop quicker minds rather than quicker feet."

Another Quote from him that I liked is :

"Tactics, fitness and rules are all hugely important, but they’re only a means to an end. My job – the job – is to improve players.

Players follow you as a manager if they feel that you make them better. That’s the greatest, most sincere motivation there is. "
Completely agree. It's like they don't know what they want to do with the ball before they get it.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How is that a 'plan' to have him watch from the stands :lol: while Carrick and the boys throw away another three points in the league.
Tbf, he hasn't worked a single day for the club yet. Would be weird to officially meet everyone and say "alright boys I'm the manager, this is what we're doing". Always going to be Carrick today.

L1nk

It's done, he should definitely be in the dugout, not the stands.

Revan

Assumptionman
Who cares? The new manager - assuming that we are going the road of other clubs - won't have any say in transfers, or at most will have a minimal say. He will be a head coach tasked with training the players, strategies and the day to day business, but not with signing the players. The club signs the players, the manager then coaches and plays them. Then it becomes very easy to sack managers and thus there is a much better continuity than with the God-manager system we have been doing which inevitably ends with a team of misfits who cannot play together.

Keyser

If you are incoming would you rather be in the dugout having had no input and take the blame for the loss, or wait for a week so you've at least had some input and start on a theoretically easier game

Revan

Assumptionman
How is that a 'plan' to have him watch from the stands :lol: while Carrick and the boys throw away another three points in the league.
It actually makes sense. The match was prepared from Carrick and co. What can Ralf do for this match? He cannot prepare the match in half a day so it makes sense for Carrick to finish what he started, with Ralf taking over from tomorrow morning.

macheda14

He’s had no input in terms of coaching or setting the team up, it wouldn’t make sense to suddenly come into the dugout and try and manage someone else’s plan.

Seven Seas Sardines

The Arsenal game would've been mouth-watering for Rangnick considering how they play out from the back. Hopefully he'll have talked to Carrick and the players about small details they can improve on at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.