Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I don't believe for a second the board would back Ralf over the players. If he went to them and said look Rashford is leaking stories and he's not performing, won't carry out my instructions so I think we should sell him does anyone think for a second the board would actually do it?
That's what worries me. I reckon they've had similar discussions a few times over the likes of Pogba, Martial and a few others and they're still here. Pogba is the biggest clown I've ever seen at this club, he's disrespected the club and supporters many times, showed no respect to anybody and yet the club have protected him and overlook so many incidents to keep him here. It honestly baffles me. Fergie is still involved at the club and I refuse to believe he hasn't spoke up about numerous players over the last few years. He sold much better, more professional players over smaller things, in the name of keeping the right attitude throughout and to set an example.

Telsim

This garbage isn't doing the club any service. This needs to stop or no quality manager will want to come into this mess. Why would Erik ten Hag leave his well-oiled Ajax machine for this burning trainwreck? Why would Pochettino move from one mess of a club to an ever bigger mess of a club? We are not attracting anyone like this.

The club needs to crack down on this in a visible, meaningful manner and make it clear this will not be tolerated.

Amsterdam Devil

Ridiculous even thinking about sacking Rangnick. The players are shit and have been for a couple of years, someone has to beat them in shape. I have no problem with the press talking about unhappy players. Let them work, let them complain and let them really want to play for United. If they won’t then feck off to another club, even if it means we will end up midtable in the league for this year. We really need a big change in the club and the attitude more than we need champions league right now. I don’t mind losing a couple of games if we play with the players that really want to be here. Sell or release the rest of them and start all over for next year. Not playing in Europe for a year worked well with some teams in the last ten years, more time to train and get your system and attitude right.

Matt851

Ralf should ask the players to bring their medals into work tomorrow…anyone without one can never complain about a single thing that they are asked to do again.

Ronaldo and Pogba can have a good moan, but the rest should be reminded they have won nothing of note!
Great idea, sounds like exactly what the dressing room needs. Two of the worst influences in the dressing room swinging their dicks around

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great idea, sounds like exactly what the dressing room needs. Two of the worst influences in the dressing room swinging their dicks around
Yeah, they should all listen to Marcus Rashford OBE MBE or Harry 'it wasn't my fault' Maguire. They're such a top blokes, forget the fact their football level is currently League 1.

Cloud7

As a collective Tottenham are playing better since Conte's arrival.

Regarding Utd, if recent reports in the media are to be believed, then some of the team not knowing who Rangnick was, and having to call on a certain internet search engine to find out information about him; strongly suggests that Rangnick doesn't have the kind of CV the players will respond to...

Contrast that to Conte, who has 'Been there and done it' already in England (Premier League title and an FA Cup win), and I have no doubt that Utd's players would have responded to Conte more positively than they are doing to Ralf.
The only players at United who have anything of serious note on their CV are Ronaldo, Pogba, Varane and Matic. The rest of them should feel right at home with someone with a CV that isn't trophy laden.

romufc

Playing in a dead rubber with the reserves and youth players for 1 game is not a chance.

Putting Donny in for Bruno for a few games or Lingard in for Sancho while they play with the rest of the starting XI is a chance.
Right... 1 game in 5 is not a chance

Let me remind you, seems you have forgotten the team... AWB, Bailly, Matic, Shaw, Donny, Mata, Diallo, Lingard, Elanga, Greenwood.

These are the players complaining they dont get a game, they got a game together with 2 youngsters. Exactly a dead rubber game and they still couldn't perform.

Why should the manager put Donny and Lingard when firstly, Lingard is gone and Sancho is our future? When Lingard is twerking for West Ham? Why should he even give him a chance? So he can get a better club in the summer?

Its not a coincidence that Ole and now Ralf doesn't pick Donny, he is not good enough.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Press conference comments

On his first 5 games

sometimes win, sometimes lose, I have many difficult. But me, work 12 hours, 15 hours a day in the work
On his relationship with the players and leaks

my job, my players is no touch. Me touch my players

Was sie in den Zeitungen schreiben in völligem Quatsch. Shit, balderdash, 100 per cent balderdash
On whether he'll continue after his 6 month spell

no leave, leave what? Its too easy for me leave, every day in the last 2 week, 5, 6 president call me for change team, me stay here. I work 12 hours a day, me, my players, my staff, you the people who weigh in the club. I no permit for nothing
On individual performances

sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.

redcafe_reader

Press conference comments

On his first 5 games

On his relationship with the players and leaks

On whether he'll continue after his 6 month spell

On individual performances
Such a legendary press conf. May be we actually need him.

crossy1686

career ending
Ralf’s told some of the players some home truths and they are crying in the media. Sounds familiar to Jose stint, although he went to the media himself.

The players are a massive, massive problem. Every coach is getting thrown under the bus. Going to be so hard to turn around the changing room culture.
It happened under Jose, it happened after Ole’s first 10 games when he told them their performances were slipping, and it’s happening again. These soft arses just don’t want to hear that they aren’t doing enough, they’d rather blame someone else.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Just saw the Luckhurst article/tweet which said 'Manchester United players are 'sick to death' of the clubs falling standards'.....I mean, are the players just actively trolling the supporters now?
They probably think we're on their side.

crossy1686

career ending
Just saw the Luckhurst article/tweet which said 'Manchester United players are 'sick to death' of the clubs falling standards'.....I mean, are the players just actively trolling the supporters now?
I think the only way they gain any credibility in all this is if someone comes out and says Ole wasn’t good enough as a coach, along with his staff and Rangnick and his staff aren’t up to it either, and follow that up with someone they would like to actually take over who’s also available. I’d be more inclined to believe some of this hard done by bollocks if they’re genuinely concerned for the club and not themselves

devips

Reading these threads is so entertaining!

The Cafe Herd, as is its long standing habit, is once again rollickingly on its stampede mode. In the last couple of years, for example, the Herd stampeded upon Lingard, Phil Jones, McFred, Ole, and now the collective of United players, probably Rangnick in a few weeks, who have all been branded super-villains in the Cafe folklore.

It amuses more when you, for example, wonder why this almost the same set of players who were second placed last year have suddenly turned so evil in the space of two months!!!

Carry on, Redcafe!

Ixion

It amuses more when you, for example, wonder why this almost the same set of players who were second placed last year have suddenly turned so evil in the space of two months!!!
Did literally not the exact same thing happen 3 years ago, a few months after finishing 2nd under Jose Ole had to come in and sort out the dressing room?

MacarisSocks

Ralf was brought in interim to try to identify the problems before a full time coach comes in.
He's tried to up the work rate of one of the laziest teams in the prem and voila, there's your problems.
The club and fans should get behind Ralf and if a clear out is needed then so be it.

devips

Did literally not the exact same thing happen 3 years ago, a few months after finishing 2nd under Jose Ole had to come in and sort out the dressing room?
Yes it did. Such things happen to the best of teams from time to time. That's not the point I was trying to make.

My issue was branding a player, or a set of players villain or responsible for all the malaise all of a sudden. That's childish, and we here are hopefully no children any more.

ShinjiNinja26

You’ve got to laugh at these cnuts leaking stuff to the press about Rangnick. The guys going nowhere, he’ll be the manager short term but then will go upstairs for the next 2 years where hopefully he’ll have a major influence in shaping the club going forward. It’s not like he’s going to forget these players and will hopefully have the last laugh by booting the entitled cnuts out the club in the summer. I’m really starting to despise a lot of our team.

redcafe_reader

The different is 3 years ago, hardly anybody look back at that 2nd place and say oh we were doing so well let's have some more of it.

Now we have a set of "fan" who keep talking about that 2nd place like some great achievement and the player who achieved that absolutely deserve to go on, like what they did was actually Man UTD standard.

Coincidentally, these "fan" all have the exact same opinions regarding Ronaldo, Rashford, Ole and keep copy pasting their opinions all over the forum like it's their job. Very organic fan behaviour I would say.

Also I may not remember correctly, but were there anyone use Zlatan or Sanchez as an excuses for Martial's laziness (Zlatan actually take Martial number and Sanchez take his place)? Like the way we use Ronaldo as an excuses for a certain player's attitude issue?

Yes it did. Such things happen to the best of teams from time to time. That's not the point I was trying to make.

My issue was branding a player, or a set of players villain or responsible for all the malaise all of a sudden. That's childish, and we here are hopefully no children any more.
For me we have a lot of overpaid and underworked that deserved to be kicked out. You can call me children if you want.

And it's not sudden, some of the players stop trying hard since last year.

Xaviboy

You’ve got to laugh at these cnuts leaking stuff to the press about Rangnick. The guys going nowhere, he’ll be the manager short term but then will go upstairs for the next 2 years where hopefully he’ll have a major influence in shaping the club going forward. It’s not like he’s going to forget these players and will hopefully have the last laugh by booting the entitled cnuts out the club in the summer. I’m really starting to despise a lot of our team.
Well said mate. Players need to relise there playing for their futures under him. Sure he will be telling new manager to come in who's not good enough and who is.

Lewnited

So are we at the point now where we, without fail, believe absolutely everything that comes out about the team? Regardless of the credibility of the publication? :lol:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Right... 1 game in 5 is not a chance

Let me remind you, seems you have forgotten the team... AWB, Bailly, Matic, Shaw, Donny, Mata, Diallo, Lingard, Elanga, Greenwood.

These are the players complaining they dont get a game,
they got a game together with 2 youngsters. Exactly a dead rubber game and they still couldn't perform.

Why should the manager put Donny and Lingard when firstly, Lingard is gone and Sancho is our future? When Lingard is twerking for West Ham? Why should he even give him a chance? So he can get a better club in the summer?

Its not a coincidence that Ole and now Ralf doesn't pick Donny, he is not good enough.
Elanga, Diallo? Where have you seen those guys complaining? The others are questionable too, but unless you have proof don’t start chatting b*llocks. It’s this sort of hearsay that gives rhe club a bad name. You’re just as bad as rhe press and making assumptions based on your own opinion of the players.

So are we at the point now where we, without fail, believe absolutely everything that comes out about the team? Regardless of the credibility of the publication? :lol:
This is the CAF. All positive news is BS. All negative news is FACT. Always has been, always will be in this place.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Ralf was brought in interim to try to identify the problems before a full time coach comes in.
He's tried to up the work rate of one of the laziest teams in the prem and voila, there's your problems.
The club and fans should get behind Ralf and if a clear out is needed then so be it.
Well said. And I fully agree that we need to not only get behind him, but positively encourage change.
Because the painful fact is that unless there is a fundamental transformation of the whole football set up, we will continue to drift.
The players cannot be allowed to dictate things for one second longer than necessary.
I just hope that Rangnick is strong enough mentally to be able to take them on and either change attitude or move them on.
I am sure that there are significant numbers of young and hungry footballers with the right attitude, who would give anything to play for Manchester United.

Anustart89

So with nobody coming out and saying it’s false, you reckon everything’s fine in the United camp just because it’s a certain newspaper that’s published the story? Posting a green smiley doesn’t make your take the reasonable one…

Rightnr

Reading these threads is so entertaining!

The Cafe Herd, as is its long standing habit, is once again rollickingly on its stampede mode. In the last couple of years, for example, the Herd stampeded upon Lingard, Phil Jones, McFred, Ole, and now the collective of United players, probably Rangnick in a few weeks, who have all been branded super-villains in the Cafe folklore.

Carry on, Redcafe!
Do you have a point or just wanted to put pen to paper on that drivel? The club is shit and the fans on here are slowly realising there's no aspect of it that's untouched by this awful period.

What would make you happy? We go again posts and unicorns?

gingemiester

Well said. And I fully agree that we need to not only get behind him, but positively encourage change.
Because the painful fact is that unless there is a fundamental transformation of the whole football set up, we will continue to drift.
The players cannot be allowed to dictate things for one second longer than necessary.
I just hope that Rangnick is strong enough mentally to be able to take them on and either change attitude or move them on.
I am sure that there are significant numbers of young and hungry footballers with the right attitude, who would give anything to play for Manchester United.
This.... Totally and completely!

romufc

Elanga, Diallo? Where have you seen those guys complaining? The others are questionable too, but unless you have proof don’t start chatting b*llocks. It’s this sort of hearsay that gives rhe club a bad name. You’re just as bad as rhe press and making assumptions based on your own opinion of the players.
Oh yes, classic "narrative" fan. Ignore the rest, pick up on the ones that suit your narrative. I am just as bad, but once in a while you should read properly. That was the team, I said ONLY 2 youngsters. The rest are all experienced players, sorry didn't realise I have to SPELL everything out.

So stop making assumptions on what I said, trying to make it out as if I am talking about Elanga and Diallo ONLY.

Also, Diallo wants to go on loan, I wonder why? Maybe cause he isnt getting any minutes.

Blood Mage

It's depressing to watch how crap our team is on a technical level.
Scott McTominay is our first choice midfielder, tells you everything you need to know. He wouldn't get into Aston Villa's midfield. Fecking joke the level to which we've underinvested in that area of the team.

tenpoless

I kinda feel bad for Ole now. He defended these players everytime, even going as far as keeping the likes of Lingard, giving them chance after chance. Guess whos moaning now? the same fecking players. They were moaning too I reckon but because Ole did not put much pressure on them but more to himself, they were fine with it.

Any manager would struggle with these lot. What kind of football players pick and choose how theyre gonna play on the pitch?? 11 individuals wanting to play their own way? idiots.

devips

Do you have a point or just wanted to put pen to paper on that drivel? The club is shit and the fans on here are slowly realising there's no aspect of it that's untouched by this awful period.

What would make you happy? We go again posts and unicorns?
How old are you actually? I seriously want to know. I have gone through some of your posts. You find it so hard to hide your anti-United bias!

Rightnr

How old are you actually? I seriously want to know. I have gone through some of your posts. You find it so hard to hide your anti-United bias!
Doesn't make a point, doesn't address my post and targets my supposed age?

I would point out the irony but it would be lost on you.

devips

Doesn't make a point, doesn't address my post and targets my supposed age?

I would point out the irony but it would be lost on you.
Oh boy, I was not targeting your age, believe me! I genuinely wanted to know your age, so I can reconcile with the mental age your posts generally represent.

But I now have a vague idea.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
If he's annoying Custis, he's alright by me.

marcus agrippa

I kinda feel bad for Ole now. He defended these players everytime, even going as far as keeping the likes of Lingard, giving them chance after chance. Guess whos moaning now? the same fecking players. They were moaning too I reckon but because Ole did not put much pressure on them but more to himself, they were fine with it.

Any manager would struggle with these lot. What kind of football players pick and choose how theyre gonna play on the pitch?? 11 individuals wanting to play their own way? idiots.
What the hell for?

Clearly he indulged them. He had his favourites, whom he played regardless of performance, and this fostered resentment amongst the rest of the squad. He made promises to these marginalized players regarding game time that he then broke, fostering even more resentment.

Now chickens have come home to roost, and somehow he's the victim? C'mon!

One thing I will say: so much for the Cultural Reset (TM) and Building a Squad for the Next Manager.

tomaldinho1

I think this is all from the daily star? Feel we’re being taken for a ride and bit and they’re just making coin off all the residual United fan anger.

Status
Not open for further replies.