Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Anyway...it's all water under the bridge...thankfully the majority seem very pleased with Ragnick, so hopefully will have the goodwill of the fans behind him.
True that. Though I'm now reading that RR described Ronaldo as "too old" for him to sign. In 2016 :lol:

Hughie77

I'm pretty optimistic about this, I think he could be the right guy, and those players do care, but ffs make mistakes with this guy he will tear you a new one, and that's what has been needed . No more mr nice guy. . Let's see .

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Is this real? Not sure if I'm too impressed. Godfather this, Godfather that, he's not the one who won though.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
I think in fairness the excitement is less for this season and more for the reforms the club will be making from an off the field technical perspective, at least I hope thats the expectation.
ignore him. he’s just super upset that bayern has a wish version of the lord and saviour of german football. the one man responsible for each of their world cup wins. the man who ensures the best german built team in the world will now reside outside of germany.

mu4c_20le

Simply just wow. I would have never thought that this club would have the ambition to go out and get Ralph. This guy is a legend in Germany, even the way he talks, it's pure information.
Not sure if you've been drinking, but how come Arsenal, Spurs, Everton and Milan all turned down this legend? :confused:

Hughie77

This is all pretty laughable. What's so ambitious about hiring a 60+ year old guy who has never worked at a top club? Who has never won a title but a single German Cup with Schalke? How come that's the extent of his career if he's such a messiah of football wisdom? Is Man United's aspiration to run like the well-oiled, unstoppable winning machines that are RasenBallsport Leipzig or TSG Hoffenheim?
Yes there's is pessimism about anyone, and optimistim from some, the latter will come from the ones who know a lot more of him. I'm optimistic because it's a more experienced guy and won't take any crap. Let's see how it goes

ShinjiNinja26

You know when we’ve got something right when you have a little peek over at RAWK and Bluemoon and there’s a combination of posters shitting themselves and others trying to convince them it’s a terrible decision. All over the shop. :lol: :drool:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I realize that German managers are in high demand, but hiring Rangnick now is about the equivalent of Arsenal signing Podolski when Germany was starting to produce all this amazing young talent.

Womp

idiot
@Adnan made a good point earlier that I never really considered. I do think hiring Ralf as the interim suggests Poch will be who we pursue in the summer, doesn't look like it will be Ten Hag.

MUFC OK

Rangnick followed by Ten Hag would if nothing else, be the board listening to the overwhelming preference of the fans. We know the club are fully aware of fan opinion on social media.

If nothing else, this is a positive.

MUFC OK

@Adnan made a good point earlier that I never really considered. I do think hiring Ralf as the interim suggests Poch will be who we pursue in the summer, doesn't look like it will be Ten Hag.
how so? Would you say Poch’s style fits the blueprint more than ETH?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
This is all pretty laughable. What's so ambitious about hiring a 60+ year old guy who has never worked at a top club? Who has never won a title but a single German Cup with Schalke? How come that's the extent of his career if he's such a messiah of football wisdom? Is Man United's aspiration to run like the well-oiled, unstoppable winning machines that are RasenBallsport Leipzig or TSG Hoffenheim?
The logic is that he has what we need. The most surprising thing is that the club management have recognised that. The big question is whether they will allow him to deliver in the face of commercial interests. Like will he be allowed to drop Ronaldo?

Andrew7582

I realize that German managers are in high demand, but hiring Rangnick now is about the equivalent of Arsenal signing Podolski when Germany was starting to produce all this amazing young talent.
Chelsea and AC Milan recently tried to hire him so he is clearly highly rated still. It's an interim role until the summer with him moving upstairs afterwards, there is nothing to be negative about with this move.

TheReligion

Abusive
interesting that he’s got 6 months to do what we usually trust other managers to do in 3/4 years.

the journey/process/philosophy or whatever they want to call it.

I hope he can whip them into shape quickly, hopefully the players take it seriously.
He's not though... He's got more than 6 months. That's the point! And that's why it makes so much sense.

Slooj

It's an interim position and probably the best we could have done in the circumstances.

Manchester United fans on A Manchester United forum are excited about a solid interim appointment. Shock. Horror. How dare they.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Our football is about to become better than football in itself.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It wouldn't surprise me if we approach Adi Hutter, who is exactly the type of coach who Rangnick likes.

Womp

idiot
how so? Would you say Poch’s style fits the blueprint more than ETH?
As I discussed with Adnan initially - there are aspects of Ralf's approach that obviously would benefit ETH, like the high intensity pressing/counter pressing etc. but he did make the point that the approach is a little more 'rock n' roll' rather than calculated build up.

I'm not sure though - I guess it really depends on how much influence he will really be able to have in the short to medium term.

::sonny::

Like Bielsa, never won anything

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Great news in my opinion.
Just hope we get Ten Hag or another attack minded manager in the summer.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
The logic is that he has what we need. The most surprising thing is that the club management have recognised that. The big question is whether they will allow him to deliver in the face of commercial interests. Like will he be allowed to drop Ronaldo?
I don't think anyone can force him to not drop Ronaldo, but honestly I don't even think it will be his aim to drop Ronaldo, it will be his aim to organize the team around him to make up for the lack of against the ball committment that a player like Ronaldo naturally signifies. Ronaldo has amazing capabilities of historical greatness in an area that is of utmost importance - scoring goals -, would be dumb to not use those.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
As I discussed with Adnan initially - there are aspects of Ralf's approach that obviously would benefit ETH, like the high intensity pressing/counter pressing etc. but he did make the point that the approach is a little more 'rock n' roll' rather than calculated build up.

I'm not sure though - I guess it really depends on how much influence he will really be able to have in the short to medium term.
Agree with this.

Mr Smith

Can someone explain why everyone thinks this means we will get Ten Hag in the summer? Is he another Rangnick disciple?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It wouldn't surprise me if we approach Adi Hutter, who is exactly the type of coach who Rangnick likes.
Interesting suggestion I guess he might be to low profile for the United board, but surely he is someone coming from the RB universe, so there is a connection. Has won titles in Austria and Switzerland and in Germany he has a quite good big game record with (upper) midtable teams. Just now the 5-0 cup win against Bayern as the prime example.

MrBest

He is here for 6 months as manager, you should be more excited for the 2 years after. Oh wait, you are a Bayern fan, I dont need to explain to you. Yes us United fans know nothing, we just suffer in silence.

Age is just a number, it is what he brings to our next chapter. This club has only ever tried to plaster over cracks, Gaal and Jose were that and Ole was hope and a good story. RR is a strategy, quote me in 2 years if I am so far off the truth :).

James Peril

Ragnick is portrayed like some footballing god on here right now, not really sure his underwhelming career is worth this hype… but I am very excited for a change. So incredibly tired of the lack of competence the last years, the new guy is obviously a professor of the game - for good and bad. He is obviously some sort of eccentric weirdo with all his strange career choices, let’s see if he can handle the media pressure at a huge club - he has never been at one… and let’s see if he can handle superstars, he’s never done it before. Ask Ronaldo to press like Firmino, can’t end well for both.

Yes, I also don’t understand the link some people on this forum are making between Ten Hag and Rangnick, the only connections seem to be that they are ‘system’ coaches from neighbouring, Germanic language speaking countries, and that Ten Hag coached Bayern Munich 2.

Pochettino’s style seems to be closer to Rangnick.

Status
Not open for further replies.