Ralf Rangnick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Do you think Guardiola would have gotten that Cardiff team into the Champions League then?

Just cos he failed somewhere doesn’t mean he’s gonna fail everywhere. I’m not saying he’s ready for Man Utd, but I think criticising him for that is silly.

SAF was a failed St Mirren manager at one point.
Learn your history instead of throwing out false statements and belittle our greats.

Chairman Steve

Sir Alex got sacked from St Mirren because he had agreed to join Aberdeen after Aberdeen allegedly tapped him up. It wasn’t because he did a shit job.

I’m all for having Rangnick in place as a DoF, and I’d be happy for him to take the manager post on the interim with a view to becoming DoF after this season ends. This is what should have happened last year.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I don’t see how it’s belittling at all. Managers get sacked at some point.
You said he failed, he didn't. He took a team from bottom half of the 3rd tier to the top tier and he got sacked for personal reasons, not football reasons.

SparkedIntoLife

This guy is increasingly superseding Luis Campos as my dream DOF for United. Both would be superb but Ragnick has a better track record as a coach, in case we need to have someone on an interim basis. I also trust him more to appoint better future head coaches (Rose, Nagelsmann, Maric or someone currently under the radar).

Campos has pretty much said he'd appoint Mourinho at a big club and I would hate to have Jose back. Ragnick seems more committed to an attacking, high pressing style of football.

Campos is incredible but works with a small team of super scouts. I'd imagine Ragnick might be more flexible and work with our big network of scouts.

Regardless, either of these two would do very nicely please Mr. Woodward.

red thru&thru

This guy is increasingly superseding Luis Campos as my dream DOF for United. Both would be superb but Ragnick has a better track record as a coach, in case we need to have someone on an interim basis. I also trust him more to appoint better future head coaches (Rose, Nagelsmann, Maric or someone currently under the radar).

Campos has pretty much said he'd appoint Mourinho at a big club and I would hate to have Jose back. Ragnick seems more committed to an attacking, high pressing style of football.

Campos is incredible but works with a small team of super scouts. I'd imagine Ragnick might be more flexible and work with our big network of scouts.

Regardless, either of these two would do very nicely please Mr. Woodward.
This. Will be very interesting to see what else Ed comes out with soon, during international week.

Uniquim

Raphael Honigstein included an interesting tidbit at the end of an article in the Athletic that talks about Bayern's managerial search:

"Bayern’s loss might be Manchester United’s gain, however.

The Premier League club recently dispatched a member of Ed Woodward’s staff to a lengthy meeting with Rangnick in Germany, ostensibly to question him about his experience in setting up the RB Leipzig academy and coaching network."

Sounds like the United links might've stemmed from this, but sounds like it has to do with the academy.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
So if all of this is true, this guy is going to become some sort of technical director/DoF?. Are we going to put actual footballing people in charge of footballing matters? What has the world come to i wonder?
Won't believe until he is standing in front of cameras holding the shirt. Lul

NoLogo

I said this before a couple of times that I would actually love him to be our new DOF or however you want to call the guy in charge of giving our club a direction on all things football related. I think he has proven that he can build up teams beyond a doubt at this stage.

Would love it if this happens.

Roboc7

So if all of this is true, this guy is going to become some sort of technical director/DoF?. Are we going to put actual footballing people in charge of footballing matters? What has the world come to i wonder?

Sounds too good to be true doesn’t it, from the article it appears more like a fat finding mission rather than an attempt to recruit him.

Son

Would be a top, top appointment for us by the sounds of it. Bring in Nagelmann as well in a year or two when he's more experienced and we could have quite the future.

Gopher Brown

You said he failed, he didn't. He took a team from bottom half of the 3rd tier to the top tier and he got sacked for personal reasons, not football reasons.
Still got sacked, even if it was for looking at his neighbour’s coo

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Raphael Honigstein included an interesting tidbit at the end of an article in the Athletic that talks about Bayern's managerial search:

"Bayern’s loss might be Manchester United’s gain, however.

The Premier League club recently dispatched a member of Ed Woodward’s staff to a lengthy meeting with Rangnick in Germany, ostensibly to question him about his experience in setting up the RB Leipzig academy and coaching network."

Sounds like the United links might've stemmed from this, but sounds like it has to do with the academy.
Why would he be advising United on matters he's employed to work on for others as an expert?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Advising or interviewing?
I guess I'm referring to comments I've seen from people about this not being a genuine attempt to hire him but to gain knowledge. It may actually have been from one of the newspapers' comment sections. Anyhow, given his experience and ambition (gleamed from a recent interview) I'd be very surprised if he's in any way up for an academy job at United.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I guess I'm referring to comments I've seen from people about this not being a genuine attempt to hire him but to gain knowledge. It may actually have been from one of the newspapers' comment sections. Anyhow, given his experience and ambition (gleamed from a recent interview) I'd be very surprised if he's in any way up for an academy job at United.
Who's saying it's an academy job?

Uniquim

Why would he be advising United on matters he's employed to work on for others as an expert?
It's not for a direct rival. You could call it consultant work. I don't see how that's strange.

That's what I think it sounds like. That this is part of us trying to improve our academy & training, and talking to the select experts in European football. I'm sure Rangnick is not the only one we've consulted with.

AneRu

Yeah, my champagne stays unpopped for now. Still though, i have a feeling the penny might finally have dropped for Ed and the Glazers. Maybe its a fools hope, but i cant help feeling there are brighter days ahead
Agreed because looking at how people like Campos, I haven't read much on Rangnick's activities in the market, a businessman looking to run a club efficiently and for profit would be mad not to consider bringing someone like that in.

The Glazers should be the ones pushing for this not allowing their puppet to stymie the process. Imagine what a competent and well connected DOF would do with £100m to spend per season. I think this is why both Campos and Rangnick seem to be interested in the role because they see a chance to achieve greatness at a much bigger platform.

Roboc7

Agreed because looking at how people like Campos, I haven't read much on Rangnick's activities in the market, a businessman looking to run a club efficiently and for profit would be mad not to consider bringing someone like that in.

The Glazers should be the ones pushing for this not allowing their puppet to stymie the process. Imagine what a competent and well connected DOF would do with £100m to spend per season. I think this is why both Campos and Rangnick seem to be interested in the role because they see a chance to achieve greatness at a much bigger platform.

I don’t think guys like Ocampos or Rangnick are on our radar in terms of appointing them, sources of information maybe but that’s it. Still believe that if we ever do appoint a DOF it will be someone already at the club or an ex player. Sure Rangnick would love to take the job but we seem more interested in just having a chat to him.

In his UWS interview Woodward didn’t sound like a guy looking to change anything, he more or less said we know what we’re doing now and it’s all going to get better.

I don’t t believe he wants to appoint a DOF or it’d be done by now, Now they are both in their jobs I doubt Ole or Phelan will want one either. Dont believe anyone at the club is pushing for an appointment.

AneRu

I don’t think guys like Ocampos or Rangnick are on our radar in terms of appointing them, sources of information maybe but that’s it. Still believe that if we ever do appoint a DOF it will be someone already at the club or an ex player. Sure Rangnick would love to take the job but we seem more interested in just having a chat to him.

In his UWS interview Woodward didn’t sound like a guy looking to change anything, he more or less said we know what we’re doing now and it’s all going to get better.

I don’t t believe he wants to appoint a DOF or it’d be done by now, Now they are both in their jobs I doubt Ole or Phelan will want one either. Dont believe anyone at the club is pushing for an appointment.
I agree with that but the Glazers have the power to force the change through if they wanted. At the end of the day it's their company and it is they who have to foot the bill for Woodward's mistakes. Its incredibly negligent of them to allow Woodward such power to stand in the way of progress and waste the club's money on dross year after year.

For Ole not to want a DOF is understandable because he would be stripping decision making power from him. However, for Woodward and the Glazers to pander to those whims whilst the club is burning is reckless of the highest order. No wonder the share price has tanked, the club is being run like a boozers' team.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Very close to being AC Milans new manager and director of football starting from next season according to Bild.
Really hate us for not appointing him as our DOF.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Blah. Would've wanted him to stay there for a few more seasons while Nagelsmann is there, been a wonderful sporting director for RB Leipzeg. A real coup by AC Milan, someone who, while not taking them straight back, can begin the process of getting them back to their past stature.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
My second favourite team is causing me pain :( probably gets a manager our ceo won't even know the name of.

L1nk

My second favourite team is causing me pain :( probably gets a manager our ceo won't even know the name of.
Oh he knows, he just wants to hold all the power himself and be seen as the main that brings the club back to glory, he knows exactly what he can do but he won't because he's on a massive ego trip

izec

So did I and he'd have flourished if given the platform and not held back.

Great move by Milan to get back to where they used to be, whilst we put all our hope in Ole delivering.
We are still in the denial phase. Probably need another 5 years until we get on the road to improvement again

Status
Not open for further replies.