Random footballers from years gone by that you remember for no reason...

Steve Bruce

Fitzroy Simpson
He ended up at my local side Linfield. Looked a good player in a friendly and our manager thought it would be good to give the 34 year old a 2 year contract. Turned out he was useless and we where able to get out of the contract because he broke it playing for man City legends in one of those sky 5 aside tournaments without permission. Thankfully.

klsv

I pretty much can name the starting XI's of Derby County and Deportivo La Coruna of the early 2000's for no reason.

Steve Bruce

Savo milosovic
Le tellec
Jon Dahl tommason
Stuart Ripley
Charlton palmer
Mart poom
Rigobert song.

Forgive some of my spelling

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Brian Kilcline. Big hairy fecker.
Zbigniew Boniek. Never heard of him until he pitched up at Maine Road and tore us a new one.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Savo milosovic
Le tellec
Jon Dahl tommason
Stuart Ripley
Charlton palmer
Mart poom
Rigobert song.

Forgive some of my spelling
Big Savo Milosevic!

My memory of him, which may have been wrong, was it taking him forever as a centre forward to score 100 goals! I vaguely remember a commentator talking about his 100th when he was like 30! Went to Zaragoza afterwards I think.

stubie

Zizi Roberts (Signed for AC Milan in 1999)

Love the name

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Big Savo Milosevic!

My memory of him, which may have been wrong, was it taking him forever as a centre forward to score 100 goals! I vaguely remember a commentator talking about his 100th when he was like 30! Went to Zaragoza afterwards I think.
Savo gets loads of stick but he wasn't a bad forward at all. Scored loads at Zaragoza and was also joint top scorer in Euro 2000. Even for us he combined well with Dwight Yorke and scored in cup final (great long range strike v Leeds). Had 1 in 3 record which wasn't the worst.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Just makes you think how many millionaires the game has made. A random guy who played right back for a Southampton or whatever from 97-2001. Totally unmemorable player. Lived his dream and retired on a beach long ago. Much of the PL was Championship standard in the 90s from my recollection, although the money was less admittedly.

Denis79

Big Savo Milosevic!

Played in my favorite team here in Serbia, Partizan. Was really good in the domestic league but never became more than a average striker abroad unfortunetaly, same with Kezman.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Guy called Dave Busst I think played for Coventry and suffered one of the worst football injuries I’ve seen against us.

Also, some Bolton midfielder called Holden who was starting to show promise and was doing very well there until Jonny Evans did him at Old Trafford and pretty much ended his career.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
It's a joke :D. They have a fun translation in Spanish. In this case Booger-face Dembelé
Ah, makes sense now! Thought maybe you were gonna say it was a joke about his age being false :lol:

SirSteve4

Phil Mulryne
John Curtis
Ronnie Wallwork
Alex Notman
David Healy

Had such high hopes for all of them

Emerson Thome at Sheffield Wednesday, the most un-Brazilian Brazilian I’ve ever seen

Full bodied red

Got a question for those of you who remember United-matches in the late 60s and early 70s

United had a defender called Steve James who played about 100 matches - what kind of player was he ?

Steve James !

He was just one of a string of CBs who we had in the late 60s and early 70s none of whom you could say were very good.

Off the top of my head, I remember Arnie Sidebottom and Paul Edwards around the same time as Steve James' era. There were others, as well, none of them United Legends, until Big Jim Holton arrived from Shrewsbury and became a genuine Legend in his couple of years at OT.

Stve James I remember as being a bit thin for his height and ( hope he isn't reading this ) goofy front teeth. Didn't realise he'd played a hundred games for us,

Arnie Sidebottom was ( is ?? ) the father of the English Fast Bowler and had fuzzy red hair, and Paul Edwards looked like a taller, fuller version of George Best.

But the late 60s and early 70s were not good times at OT - even worse than now....

Ramos

Bruno Martini (his outfits!)
Angelo Di Livio and Moreno Torricelli (always recall these two together)
Sonny Silooy
Pierre Littbarski
Careca