Rangnick - "Apart from goalkeeping we need to improve all areas of our squad" | Muppets amass

MUFC OK

Utter disgrace of an appointment. Worst manager in Manchester United’s history.

RedDevilQuebecois

Rangnick's recent comments leave no room for interpretation about the upcoming purge. Players should be banging their heads in shame for not taking the warning as seriously as they should have. Their loss.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Rangnick's recent comments leave no room for interpretation about the upcoming purge. Players should be banging their heads in shame for not taking the warning as seriously as they should have. Their loss.
There will be no "upcoming purge" on top of the fact that something like 5 players are out of contract and leaving on a free anyway, requiring the club to sign replacements for those already. That's why his comments are so banal.

WPMUFC

The people that are STILL backing a squad of chancers and blaming everything on the guy who is telling you the truth.

What do this fecking losers have to do to some of you to wake the feck up. Does Maguire have to come over and shag your wife in front of you? Or are you habitual squad defenders into that? I can only assume and would be the sanest argument is that you just love rich people and their social medias.

RedDevilQuebecois

The people that are STILL backing a squad of chancers and blaming everything on the guy who is telling you the truth.

What do this fecking losers have to do to some of you to wake the feck up. Does Maguire have to come over and shag your wife in front of you? Or are you habitual squad defenders into that? I can only assume and the would be the sanest argument is that you just love rich people and their social medias.
This. I may get called out for quality control, but those players are the Seven Plagues of Egypt incarnate with the way they make the fans suffer at the moment. I just don't understand how anyone sane can support them over an interim manager's whose job was clear from day one.

Polar

Worst manager in Manchester United’s history..
Wrong. The manager with the worst working conditions in United’s history. The system around the team is the most amateurish in PL

WPMUFC

. Harry Maguire: "I wouldn't be playing every game for #mufc in the starting eleven if I'd been playing bad every game or not playing well enough. There's a reason why both managers have put me in the starting eleven every game."
This is what you people are defending.... delusional fecking millionaires that don't even listen to an interim coach the day after getting a club legend sacked. For the love of Christ, please choose better people to idolised.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

What do this fecking losers have to do to some of you to wake the feck up. Does Maguire have to come over and shag your wife in front of you? Or are you habitual squad defenders into that? I can only assume and would be the sanest argument is that you just love rich people and their social medias.
This. Certain people would say please sir can I have some more if the players broke Into their house on Christmas day, fecked the turkey, set fire to the presents and pissed on their kids.

jesperjaap

There will be no "upcoming purge" on top of the fact that something like 5 players are out of contract and leaving on a free anyway, requiring the club to sign replacements for those already. That's why his comments are so banal.
We have a squad of 38 players not including Garnacho who has been called up, thats 39, all five go, we still have 33 players.

Does Lee Grant need replacing in goal, we have already signed Heaton. Has Lingard not alrady been replaced by SAncho? Mata can be replaced by Hannibal/Elanga. I would argue only Pogba and Cavani need replacing and one of those has been injured most of the season, the other half of it and often been started or ending up on the bench.

On top of those there are just as many rumoured to be wanting to leave. Whether it happens or not, we could easily let go of 13/14 players and sign 6 and have a squad still of 30 players, so it is possible purely numbers wise

jesperjaap

Worst manager in Manchester United’s history..
Has he been a poor manager, yes, I stilol think from his interviews he coudl turn out to be a good appoitnment when he moves upstairs.

But regardless of any of that, I dont think you can claim he is the worst of all time when he hasnt been allowed to sign a single player.

For me two of the biggest problems are the recruitment over the last ten years and the quality and attitude of the players....and lets not forget it is his predecessors who have signed these players, so I totally disagree

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

I assume he means that's what's needed over multiple windows.

MUFC OK

Has he been a poor manager, yes, I stilol think from his interviews he coudl turn out to be a good appoitnment when he moves upstairs.

But regardless of any of that, I dont think you can claim he is the worst of all time when he hasnt been allowed to sign a single player.

For me two of the biggest problems are the recruitment over the last ten years and the quality and attitude of the players....and lets not forget it is his predecessors who have signed these players, so I totally disagree
Are you kidding me? How much worse could it have gone on the pitch?

WPMUFC

Rangnick post game presser: the players essentially did not follow any of the game plan

Redcafe Main Forum: oh how can he be so mean to these boys, there's so much talent, Rangnick is the worst.

Harry Maguire: every manager picks me, I'm awesome every week I play.

For the love of God people, choose better people to idolise.

Acquire Me

feck off you German fraud. Exactly how low are we supposed to fall under you????
Are you a comedian? It’s so damn obvious that this group of players gave up a long time ago. They couldn’t be bothered. Any manager would struggle taking over from Ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

I completely understand that a lot of people are happy that the manager calls the players shit.

However

Rangnick was brought here to steady the ship and secure top4. Every action he takes both in public and behind closed doors should only be devoted to that very purpose. Instead he has chosen several times to publicly lambast the squad and its players. Unless the motivation was to get a positive reaction from the group, why the hell does he open his mouth?

I strongly disagree with the schadenfreude that Rangnick has contributed with by going public and speaking in negatives while we are desperately trying to cling to a top4 spot. Sure it feels good as a fan to have your feelings validated by someone in charge, but that is not Rangnicks job. His job is to secure top4 by leading the team.

Wether or not he can do anything with this group of players is a different discussion, but what he should not be doing is helping out the tabloid press with the next mornings headlines.

The entire point of the manager is to be the person front and center of the team, not be its biggest public critic.