Rangnick gegenpress conference vs Palace (H)

Newtonius

Could listen to him for hours its refreshing to see someone who actually responds in straightforward football lingo, how can you not be excited to see how it plays out whether it works or not.

KingCavani

Ole's press conferencea have always been shit. He always gave the most boring answers and had zero charisma in front of the camera. Mourinho and LVG were actually a little entertaining because they throw interesting quotes here and there.
They liked Ole because he wasn’t Mourinho.

All that “This is Manchester United” was apparently very refreshing for a while. He took a lot of jabs at Jose too, especially during that run of form initially.

sp_107

When asked about UTD history, he said he knows a lot and when you google it you will see many UTD players in top of the list.

He knows our history for the god sake.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think he might stay on for one year post his 6 month term.

MrBest

Refreshing to see a manager talk about what we need to improve, goals and targets.

Roux

He's spot on about 'control'. We absolutely must rectify this against big teams/small teams - every team really. We haven no control over games particularly in midfield.

Nick7

Fairly enjoyable presser to be quite honest. Refreshing to see and hear how confidently he speaks.

romufc

He talks so much sense, its not about a player, its about control. He knows conceding 2/3 goals a game is not sustainable, he knows performances need to improve.

I can't wait for him to implement his style.

BigRon1985

The contrast between Rangnick and Ole reminds me of LVG's first press conference after Moyes - the difference between night and day!

Ace of Spades

Don't care about sound bytes, just want results.

Not that he is saying anything revolutionary in any way, basically giving the most obvious answers.

'Having more control, better defense, more balance' all that is easy to say, but it is results that matter. Every manager says those things, but few can implement them in reality. Hope he succeeds.

Also, wonder what the plan is for next season. Will they keep him if he does well, or stick to their original plan.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Haha [new manager] is clearly brilliant. You can immediately tell he's [positive adjective], exactly what we've been crying out for. Such a breath of fresh air compared to [old manager] and his constant [negative adjective]. Can't wait to see this guy finally drop deadwood like [players I don't like] and get the best out of [players I do like].
:lol:

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Fantasticly fresh perspective on things let’s hope the club get the back room staff in that he wants and support him in January with one player. I think a fresh approach will do the players good. When he said about signing players on their second or third contract I went giddy. Such a simple
Principle of course it’s going to be harder to motivate a player on their last contract they have the house and everything and already set for life, to get young hungry players in will 100 percent benefit the club.

let’s hope he stays at the club as long as possible in whatever capacity.

Ace of Spades

Haha [new manager] is clearly brilliant. You can immediately tell he's [positive adjective], exactly what we've been crying out for. Such a breath of fresh air compared to [old manager] and his constant [negative adjective]. Can't wait to see this guy finally drop deadwood like [players I don't like] and get the best out of [players I do like].

OverratedOpinion

Seems like a really normal person who has a real sense of confidence in his ability to do his job. A very settling presence after the drama this season.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
"ah shit, here we go again"

CG1010

:D

Anustart89

That was done on purpose, because I did not see who or what was chaining him, even if the movie title was what I was trying to kinda reference. But it’s still a miss as I realized only too late that when I changed “unchained” in the comment, the reference became tangential at best.
In my book, they're synonyms (untethered and unshackled as well), so you could've easily gone with that!

Firestorm

First impressions are very positive..he has charisma, control and obvious intelligence. A refreshing change from Ole’s rabbit caught in the headlights gibberish. I would be amazed if United don’t do well under this guy, he has all the attributes we need at this point. My guess is he will be retained much further on than six months as full-time manager.

Glorio

justboy68

It's refreshing to hear tactical insights and straight forward answers. Very much like what we've heard so far.

spiriticon

Yas Ralf. Keep the Maguire-Lindelof-De Gea square and back passes down to a minimum.

Ace of Spades

He is a bit of a storyteller, could write a book and I would read that.

It is interesting what he says about the Red Bull bit, and his advice to go for players on their first or second contracts, really hope we don't screw this up. He might be a great coach, but I think his help at board level could be invaluable.

Skills

Snitch

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Ole's press conferencea have always been shit. He always gave the most boring answers and had zero charisma in front of the camera. Mourinho and LVG were actually a little entertaining because they throw interesting quotes here and there.
I specifically said first press conferences

Nordmore

Pretty bang on :lol:

el3mel

I specifically said first press conferences
His first presser was like the last one. I see no difference that happened during these 3 years. People just wanted to hear someone else after Mourinho's toxicity in his last few months, not that Ole's presser itself was actually interesting.

DevTheRed

Man I am so excited about this project now :drool:

He just has that aura about him, you want to listen to every word that he has to say, I honestly cannot wait for him to get started with this team now.

Mr Smith

I like it. He's saying the team needs a lot of work but on paper we should be up there.

Anyone else get pissed off by how the club manipulates the fans? This guy knows feck all about the 'United Way' and our 'DNA' but they've clearly told him to drop all these buzzwords in to get us all hyped up.
I think you're extrapolating; there's no reason to believe the club has asked him or put pressure on him to use certain phrases. Talking about the "United DNA", isn't something that just comes from the club. When you talk about a club's DNA, you're talking about a culture that runs through the club, and pundits, journalists, and other football commentators talk about it just as much as people within the club. The reason you and other fans are uncomfortable about it now is because it's felt for the past few years like our manager was mentioning it every other week, and almost leaning on it. That's over, and we need to go back to being proud of the club's heritage and culture, without letting it stop us from moving forward.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I like it. He's saying the team needs a lot of work but on paper we should be up there.

Anyone else get pissed off by how the club manipulates the fans? This guy knows feck all about the 'United Way' and our 'DNA' but they've clearly told him to drop all these buzzwords in to get us all hyped up.
Exactly

Dazzmondo

Great stuff :lol: