Rangnick gegenpress conference vs Palace (H)

RedIan

Just watched it, ultimately he will be judged on results but I have to say he is an impressive and very likeable speaker. No bullshit. Positive and straight forward.
He didnt dodge any questions and came across knowledgeable and geared for success.
I like him already.

let’s hope he does well.

Becks00

Yeah, but nobody knew how we would play, even Pep said he had no clue, neither did Ole :lol:
I know that. Just saying is not necessarily a bad thing they would all now know how we approach games.

el3mel

Isn't that my point, and secondly nothing special about this one either
Proof will be in the pudding, I'm a fan of Rangnick but don't care about the presser, lets see what you can do with the group
Rangnick is already ten times more charismatic in front of the camera than whatever Ole could master. He's a more entertaining talker.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Rangnick is already ten times more charismatic in front of the camera than whatever Ole could master. He's a more entertaining talker.
Who gives a feck? What matters is his ability to coach which I am sure is better than Oles too, but he's needs to prove it with this group
If its entertainment in talking we want, then we can hire back Jose or LVG

el3mel

Who gives a feck? What matters is his ability to coach which I am sure is better than Oles too, but he's needs to prove it with this group
If its entertainment in talking we want, then we can hire back Jose or LVG
We are talking about pressers only now. Ole's pressers were shit and boring. That's all.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Haha [new manager] is clearly brilliant. You can immediately tell he's [positive adjective], exactly what we've been crying out for. Such a breath of fresh air compared to [old manager] and his constant [negative adjective]. Can't wait to see this guy finally drop deadwood like [players I don't like] and get the best out of [players I do like].
:lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

Well I mean it's pretty obvious coming from your posts. And you did choose this club on a whim, so it isn't surprising that you have little affinity with the club and is more like a modern chelsea fan.
I suppose that’s one way to look at it. Funny you’ve no issue with posters who’ve never stepped into OT, let alone Manchester, let alone the UK so long as they sing from the same hymn sheet as you do. It’s a global game.

The fanbase ain’t a monolith, sorry to break it to you chap but unfortunately we’re stuck with each other. My affinity for the club is there, I’ve just noticed since joining this forum how little affinity I have with posters like yourself but I can’t live with that.

For a Top Red like yourself who must go to every home & away game you sure do post a lot in match day threads. . . Modern day fans in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones & electricians shouldn’t plumb.

Andersons Dietician

Damn it!! I think I love him. Hopefully he can actually do all the things he spoke about because he pretty much just echoed what many of us have been saying are the issues and what needs to be done to improve this team.

I’m quite surprised Carrick has chosen to leave given it’s clear Ragnick wanted him to stay. You would think if you have desires of being a coach/manager Ragnick would be someone you’d want to learn from.

I love that he also spoke to Ole, would love to have been a fly on the wall for that conversation. He just comes across as knowledgable, confident and someone who has a plan. It’s weird many things echo much of what LVG said even if their styles are different.
It’s like we’ve reset back to the plan then of having someone to mould the club and help out far beyond what happens on the football pitch.

Will Singh

Didn’t Carrick say he hadn’t spoken to him and then deflected? After hearing Ralf tried to keep him on was a bit sad and I hope Carrick didn’t leave on the basis what Keano and Scholes said…

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I suppose that’s one way to look at it. Funny you’ve no issue with posters who’ve never stepped into OT, let alone Manchester, let alone the UK so long as they sing from the same hymn sheet as you do. It’s a global game.

The fanbase ain’t a monolith, sorry to break it to you chap but unfortunately we’re stuck with each other. My affinity for the club is there, I’ve just noticed since joining this forum how little affinity I have with posters like yourself but I can’t live with that.

For a Top Red like yourself who must go to every home & away game you sure do post a lot in match day threads. . . Modern day fans in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones & electricians shouldn’t plumb.
I think his problem is that you come across as someone who only moans, complains and talks shit about people and hope someone likeminded agrees with you.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He speaks English better than Rooney.

I wouldn’t read too much into the presser but he speaks well. He has enough players in the squad to be able to get the backups super fit and mix and match. I just hope he hits the ground running. Palace are good this year but it’s winnable and 3 points are vital.

Bertie 2 Hats

How long will it be before the bed wetting Berties on Bluemoon start calling Ralf... 'Rag Nick' ? :eek:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
He needs to stop smiling all the time. That stupid smirk. God I hate it! (am I doing the press conference thing right?)
give it about 2 weeks and you will be on point

lex talionis

The man exudes the sense that he’s been there, done that before. Completely control of the room.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Didn’t Carrick say he hadn’t spoken to him and then deflected? After hearing Ralf tried to keep him on was a bit sad and I hope Carrick didn’t leave on the basis what Keano and Scholes said…
Nah Carrick is a genuine human being. He probably feels very connected to Ole as a friend as he's stated numerous times and takes his part of the blame for what transpired. From what he's said it probably doesnt sit right to remain in the job when the other had to go.

I hope he gets a chance at a lower league club to build something and make his own path. Who knows, maybe it leads back to Manchester some day. I sure hope so.

Spark

Have rarely (or ever) watched a full 30 min press conference vid, but he's fascinating to listen to. Actually speaks sense and is spot on with his answers.

AFC NimbleThumb

I think his problem is that you come across as someone who only moans, complains and talks shit about people and hope someone likeminded agrees with you.
Taking your comment in there, who spoke ‘shit’ about who & waited for someone to agree?

I gave an opinion on OgS & here you’ve both come ‘moaning’ about me ‘moaning’. . . This is a forum where even only as far back as September/October you couldn’t really question OgS & I’ve long been a detractor so I’m not surprised when the group think was ‘progress’ that my opinions were seen as such but when have I hoped someone likeminded would agree? I’ve often said most won’t.

I can be contrite & argumentative but the other poster in question isn’t a wallflower, infact I’m sure we’ve crossed paths previously so thanks for your 2 pence.

saivet

Did United accidentally release the full press conference too early? Was ready to play it and now it say the video is unavailable.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

I wouldn’t read too much into the presser but he speaks well. He has enough players in the squad to be able to get the backups super fit and mix and match. I just hope he hits the ground running. Palace are good this year but it’s winnable and 3 points are vital.
Agreed. I even noticed last night that Carrick was not a great speaker. Sort of stuttering a lot and just repeating things.

largelyworried

Refreshingly direct way of talking. Obviously it might be different when he's talking after a defeat but at the moment I feel like we're going to get some better explanations for decisions than other managers might give.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.

He did say he studied to become an English and PE teacher

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Please don't start using the term "concidence factor" in the Redcafe discussion just because Ralf said it. It's going to become the new patterns of play.

Eriku

It’s all subjective & I’ve no doubt a number of people have become revisionists but he didn’t come ‘up short in his final few months’ for me & some others, he’d been allowed to fail for some time then we bought Ronaldo & expected him to do something he’d never proven he could do.
Fail for some time? He improved year on year in the league, up till this season.

At any rate, can you boring cnuts stop getting out your snide lines about Ole in every thread? The club’s moved on, so should you. Ole’s gonna remain a United legend, and none of you lot’s posts is gonna change that.

AFC NimbleThumb

Fail for some time? He improved year on year in the league.

At any rate, can you boring cnuts stop getting out your snide lines about Ole in every thread? The club’s moved on, so should you. Ole’s gonna remain a United legend, and none of you lot’s posts is gonna change that.
I can’t see successive losses in the 2nd rate Europa League where he was out coached as a successes, Leicester in the FA Cup last season was tumescent, the regression once we hit top place, some of the big money signings. He finished 3rd then 2nd on points totals that don’t reflect greatly when compared to predecessors.

It’s not a snide remark, I don’t know the man personally but there are fans who don’t look at his time as manager the same way as you do - that’s ok.

You’re right with one thing though the club has moved on, should have done so some time ago though.

Ralfs presser was referencing though wasn’t it. Good luck to the man.

Gavinb33

I can’t see successive losses in the 2nd rate Europa League where he was out coached as a successes, Leicester in the FA Cup last season was tumescent, the regression once we hit top place, some of the big money signings. He finished 3rd then 2nd on points totals that don’t reflect greatly when compared to predecessors.

It’s not a snide remark, I don’t know the man personally but there are fans who don’t look at his time as manager the same way as you do - that’s ok.

You’re right with one thing though the club has moved on, should have done so some time ago though.

Ralfs presser was referencing though wasn’t it. Good luck to the man.
Comparing seasons is asinine, United won the league with lower points than teams that finished 3rd before, did the team that finished 3rd have a better season than the team that finished as champions?