Lingard
Pogba
Mata
Matic
Martial

We can't be a fecking charity organisation no longer. G T F O

In

2 x CM

A proper winger who can terrify defences like Adama Traore. Should have signed him over Sancho
My prediction: linked with 10 incoming midfielders and defenders, and with 6 outgoings, but end result is one winger signed for the under 18s and a loan move for Martial to Dag & Red.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Out

Jones
Tuanzebe
VDB
Lingard
Pogba
Mata
Matic
Martial

We can't be a fecking charity organisation no longer. G T F O

In

2 x CM

A proper winger who can terrify defences like Adama Traore. Should have signed him over Sancho
Interesting that your first pick to “get the feck out” is a man trying to get his fitness back after a career threatening injury. The empathy from our fans astounds me at times

Ixion

Interesting that your first pick to “get the feck out” is a man trying to get his fitness back after a career threatening injury. The empathy from our fans astounds me at times
He's earnt about 7 million from us over the past 2 years to get his fitness back. Suggesting Phil Jones move on is not that ridiculous.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yes we should have empathy and not have him as the first name out. Even though he hasn't played for us in over a year. That makes a world of sense.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Yeah, more money.
Past spending has nothing to do with RR. He cant be expected to move the team forward without being backed in the transfer market. However even to sign one player who can make really difference in January is always a big ask.

UTD_Since_1978

I'm not sure a fully fit Phil Jones would improve us anyway despite how bad Maguire is, I think that's why a lot of people want rid of Jones, we've got to be looking to bring players in that will improve the starting XI not giving spots in our first team to players who won't improve our squad.

With our current crop of players we are struggling to a 1-0 win over Norwich whilst everyone else is thrashing them (Arsenal 5-0 for example) & drawing with Newcastle which quite easily could've been a defeat.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Aren't you missing the major point of the fact he's sticking around and helping mould the team going forward, along with a new manager? He's going nowhere.
If the next 5 months doesn't go well I'm not so sure I'd want him being involved in anything tbh.

It's a very bizarre arrangement we've made.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Yes we should have empathy and not have him as the first name out. Even though he hasn't played for us in over a year. That makes a world of sense.
If we keep on showing empathy to Jones then he will probably retire here... At age 65

joedirt87

If I am being optimistic they will move some players out and sign at least 1 midfielder. If I am being realistic they will sign no one and move a player or two out, probably loan spells. If I am being pessimistic they won't do a dam thing and one or two will get a new contract.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If the next 5 months doesn't go well I'm not so sure I'd want him being involved in anything tbh.

It's a very bizarre arrangement we've made.
Rangnick is more known for his head of sports role then for his managerial experience. I think he will end up as our sporting director. Having him as a manager were he can experience first hand the rot is a good idea especially since he will have the power to change it later on

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Staff
I’m saying that he needs to prove fitness, maybe a loan or two first before we can reasonably expect hard interest

oh and there is a big reason he hasn’t played in a year

choccy77

Mbappe, Haaland, Dybala, all must have signings before signing any stupid DM.

We will go back to the days of outscoring everyone.

AFC NimbleThumb

Mbappe, Haaland, Dybala, all must have signings before signing any stupid DM.

We will go back to the days of outscoring everyone.
Names aside I’m not particularly against this approach. The attack/play on the ball is fundamentally broken & our defenders outdo themselves each game making mistakes.

I don’t think a DM will transform this bunch, there’s so many fundamental flaws that I worry whoever we did sign would fail regardless.

If a DM reveals themselves then of course buy one but I think we need to be ruthless with some regulars aside McFred.

MrSingh2002

DM and CM if as expected Pogba is leaving for free.

Lesser priority must be a CB with pace but this can wait until the summer to buy a proper first team player.

Rashford Cavani Sancho
Fernandes
CDM CM
Shaw CB Varane AWB
De Gea

Arguments for Telles and Dalot if it suits the managers plans more. Ideally for me Pogba would stay and be that CM, and we'd sign a very good CDM to play alongside him.

The 2 upfront needs to go as it leaves us short in midfield.

We have to have addressed the midfield in a big way and a new CB by the time the summer window is complete.

SAF is the GOAT

Don't know the player or the sources

Manchester United have contacted the representatives of Hoffenheim defensive midfielder Diadie Samassekou. United would like to sign him in the upcoming January transfer window if the price is right[Simon Dobson]
Ralf Rangnick wants to bring Hoffenheim defensive midfielder Diadie Samassekou to Manchester United. Rangnick admires him so much, while the player is a big fan of United. #MUFC [NuhuAdams_]

Ted Lasso

It's not fair to single out one poster or even United fans. This is a global problem that's one of the main culprits for all of the most pressing issues and precipitous state of humanity.

From a purely footballing perspective I also think it's fair to expect Jones to move on. He played a role in a few good years and it's time for a new set of players. Time and patience is better reserved for the likes of Axel, Mengi or any new players we might bring in.

golden_blunder

Staff
It's not fair to single out one poster or even United fans. This is a global problem that's one of the main culprits for all of the most pressing issues and precipitous state of humanity.

From a purely footballing perspective I also think it's fair to expect Jones to move on. He played a role in a few good years and it's time for a new set of players. Time and patience is better reserved for the likes of Axel, Mengi or any new players we might bring in.
I agree that I would expect him to be moved on but I would reasonably expect that to be in the summer; before that, who’s going to take him until he proves his fitness?

spiriticon

I'll be glad just to sell a few players this window. I'm not concerned at all about bringing in any new faces.

Withnail

You’re talking to the guy/kid who was in 6 CM threads on deadline day begging for them to be signed. It’s not about if they’re better - he just wants his new toy.
Bizarre isn't it?

I'll never understand the obsession with change or getting new things. Making changes for changes sake is usually a bad idea in my experience.

LoneStar

Let me just say that the outgoings are as crucial as what we buy. It looks like some players can’t be arsed about the new training regime and have already gone to the press complaining about it. Best to show them the door, and make an example out of it.

MUFC OK

A CM is an absolute must, ideally 2.

Mctom and Fred have reduced the standards in that position to an all time low for a Man Utd team. Not even top half quality. No wonder we never control games.

UTD_Since_1978

Anybody got any views on the Bayer Leverkusen 18yo wonder kid Wirtz, would he be a good buy for UTD?

Scholsey2004

I understand the point youre making but realistically Phil Jones isnt a proffessional footballer now any more than i am. The new contract was crazy.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I would love to see the club say to Ralf. Look we’ve spent an absolute fortune and not got any return whatsoever. Can you trim the squad right back to your essential players and then we will match whatever amount you raise through making those cuts. There just never seems to be any incentive for managers to sell while they are here. Hoarding players just in case is terrible for breeding complacency. We could let go of 10 players and bring 3 in and be a much better squad for it.

Scholsey2004

Are these sources any good?
That Phil de Brun or whatever it is was pretty convinced it was a fake story according to people he'd spoken to so i'm a little skeptical since its comparably easy to get a honest denial out of a club. Kid looks a talent though. I wouldnt be surprised if its City that are actually looking at him.

Scholsey2004

I would love to see the club say to Ralf. Look we’ve spent an absolute fortune and not got any return whatsoever. Can you trim the squad right back to your essential players and then we will match whatever amount you raise through making those cuts. There just never seems to be any incentive for managers to sell while they are here. Hoarding players just in case is terrible for breeding complacency. We could let go of 10 players and bring 3 in and be a much better squad for it.
Strongly agree with this. We've got a lot of footballers here who are payed handsomely to virtually never play football. How can that create a healthy working atmosphere?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Strongly agree with this. We've got a lot of footballers here who are payed handsomely to virtually never play football. How can that create a healthy working atmosphere?
Selling Pogba and Lingard before they could walk on a free would have been a decent start. Why would players look for good moves when it’s obvious we will just fumble around and let them off to run their deals down.

quids in

Club is majorly inefficient and clearly a soft touch

Scholsey2004

Don't know but still feel we need to prioritise a central midfielder in January, well UNLESS Edi/Martial leaves of course
Even if Martial goes we've got Ronaldo, Cavani, Rashford and Greenwood competing forc2 positions. Unless both Edi AND Martial go, and probably Lingard too as he'd be quite a competent backup forward, i'm not really convinced we need another forward bringing in. I think a big part of the current morale problem here is the amount of players who never actually play.

Zapata

A lot of noise from Argentinian media talking about alvarez to united becoming a reality, interested to see how this pans out.