Rangnick's January Window

Lemon Moon

But he isn't that player. Hasn't been for a long time.

United need players capable of delivering.

What we don't need is softness when it comes to players like Martial. Hes not delivering on the field so bye bye. The time for acceptance of him and his approach is over.
Apologies, I think you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick.
Alls I'm saying is that if/when Martial leaves, we should bring in a replacement for him.

I agree with your words on Martial though too, we need to raise the bar in terms of our expectations of players performances on the pitch.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Apologies, I think you may have gotten the wrong end of the stick.
Alls I'm saying is that if/when Martial leaves, we should bring in a replacement for him.
Totally agree but if there was a gap until the summer to get the right player we'd survive.

There is enough bodies to absorb the departure of Martial.

The quality of those bodies is another concern

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Dream signing for me is Tchouameni who's taller than both, and Monaco's DOF Paul Mitchell is a disciple of Rangnick.

Then we'll need to offload a bunch of players first though.
Tchouameni would be excellent if the criteria is to sign a 'tall midfielder'. He's probably the best option at protecting the back two in a high defensive line due to his excellent ground coverage/acceleration at defending large spaces, which is important to maintain control against teams who have the ability to transition play on the counter at pace with space to run in behind.

Abraxas

A tall midfielder... really?!

I'm sure he does admire Rice and Bellingham, most of the footballing world probably do but whether height compromises a big part of it I have my doubts.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
A tall midfielder... really?!

I'm sure he does admire Rice and Bellingham, most of the footballing world probably do but whether height compromises a big part of it I have my doubts.
It's claptrap. Absolutely no way all he's said a tall midfielder is the priority and then identified two player who play completely different roles in midfield.

Resch

I would sign Mo Camara from Salzburg. He is not too expensive, works hard and knows the the system. He was Salzburgs best player this year. At the moment he is linked to Atletico Madrid.
Sabitzer would be a Ralf signing too. Marcel is not happy at Bayern, they paid just 15 mill. €, so he could be available for cheap. Marcel can cover most of the midfield positions. Knows the system.

Polar

He will pick up a CM from Bundesliga. We have to wait until summer for Haaland - when Martial and Cavani have left.

Crazy duo, Ronaldo and Haaland, on top next season:)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Shittiest time to build the squad in middle of the season, but at some point needs to happen.

GMoore23

Out

Jones
Tuanzebe
VDB
Lingard
Pogba
Mata
Matic
Martial

We can't be a fecking charity organisation no longer. G T F O

In

2 x CM

A proper winger who can terrify defences like Adama Traore. Should have signed him over Sancho

buckooo1978

really need a playmaker and DM in midfield.

a rb too

if we even get one of those it will give us a lift

Drizzle

Martial + cash for Sain-Max. Proper baller and incredibly entertaining.
The last thing we need is another luxury showpony, he'll be scapegoated like the rest of them.

We're desperate for players with intelligence and intensity that can impose control on games.

MonkeysMagic

Like buying out of trouble has been working for the last 8 years!

I will be just content with a team passing competently for 90 min for most games. We might not win most games but at least show we are a football team and not a expensively assembled joke of a team incapable of tge most basic requirements asked off a professional!

choccy77

We shouldn't be buying anyone that plays well against us.

We are shit. That's why they look so good.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I'm in two minds with giving him any money to spend.

On one hand we need new players......on the other hand what we've seen so far this guy isn't getting the job and I don't want to waste more money.

reddevilz007

Drop Bruno and Rashford to the bench, and get 2 new midfielders to replace McFred would be a decent start to the new year

jesperjaap

Not really about signing players so much for me. It is more about sorting out a clear out of several players by the summer for the next manager.

Henderson, Grant, Bailly, Lindelof, Jones, Tuanzabe, Dalot, Williams, Fred, VDB, Matic, Mata, Pogba, Lingard, Garner, Pellestri, Pereira, Martial, Chong......question marks over all of these players futures, could actually name a couple more to be honest, big players too, but thats enough.

Our squad is bloated and for me I think by the summer our outgoings should be in double figures from this lot and for next summer I actually think with all the outgoings we should be looking at better competition at right back, two decent centre backs to provide more competition, two new starting centrak midfielders and another striker option but we wont do six signings in the summer.

So this January I wouldnt mind us sorting out two free transfers for the summer Romagnoli in defence and Kamara in central midfield

Zapata

we absolutely need to bring in 1 or 2 midfielders that will start right away

justsomebloke

Out

Jones
Tuanzebe
VDB
Lingard
Pogba
Mata
Matic
Martial

We can't be a fecking charity organisation no longer. G T F O

In

2 x CM

A proper winger who can terrify defences like Adama Traore. Should have signed him over Sancho
No way. If he's good enough for a top team, which I doubt, it would be a heavily drilled one where he doesn't have to rely too much on his questionable decision-making.

Crashoutcassius

we might get a midfielder but do people really think he will be backed when he has a 6 month contract and has started so poorly?

ralf has to improve the team with coaching and tactics, that is why he was brought it, not to do a january overhaul. he is well capable of this

Judas

Open to offers
I'm in two minds with giving him any money to spend.

On one hand we need new players......on the other hand what we've seen so far this guy isn't getting the job and I don't want to waste more money.
Aren't you missing the major point of the fact he's sticking around and helping mould the team going forward, along with a new manager? He's going nowhere.

PoTMS

I don't think he should be given any more money bar maybe £10m on Kamara or another soon to be free agent. Let the new manager decide who he wants.