Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

I get that totally misspelling some names might bother people but McGuire/MacGuire/Maguire are all variant anglicisations of the original Irish name and are all pronounced the same in any case.
I know they all sound the same but people have seen his name printed on the back of his shirt long enough now that spelling it ‘McGuire’ is inexcusable.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
If it's true what Castles says that he doesn't want to go back to France then Varane gets bouns points frim me for not being an idiot.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Watching PSG against City, it was obvious they were all just a collection of money-grubbing pansies.
That's why with hindisght I can believe Cavani went there. Doesn't seem that type and once he came to us, I immediately fell in love.

MrEleson

El Nuevo Rio Ferdinand?

It wasn’t till 28 that Rio really turned a corner and formed that formidable partnership with Vidic.
Granted, Varane is more accomplished at the same age but he could go on to have the same kind of impact for us that Rio did and form a similar partnership with Maguire as Rio did with Vidic.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
That's why with hindisght I can believe Cavani went there. Doesn't seem that type and once he came to us, I immediately fell in love.
It was a different PSG when Cavani went there, they were just starting out this current journey of establishing themselves

WPMUFC

I was watching some Stretford Paddock content and that Howson bloke said Rio got a text reply from Varane when Rio was trying to get him to join MUFC, but he doesn't discuss the content of said text . Didn't realise it, but Howson seems to be working close with Rio on his YT channel.

Just a random Varane update that means nothing but I found it interesting :lol:

Last edited:

Withnail

Where are the fecking tweets?
Everyone must be enjoying the weather. Very quiet all together.
I was watching some Stretford Paddock content and that Howson bloke said Rio got a text reply from Varane when Rio was trying to get him to join MUFC, but he doesn't discuss the content of said text . Didn't realise it, but Howson seems to be working close with Rio on his YT channel.

Howson's always banging on about Rio.

EDIT: that's the joke isn't it? :nervous:

EngimaMK

Does Howson sometimes talk to Rio? I didn't know that, he should've mentioned it....

BFernandes

He was probably as devastated as Mourinho that Shaw had a belting Euros

Judas

Open to offers
Canny believe people can be bothered to be negative even in a jokey way! Time to really consider which muppet train is next. It's Camavinga isn't it, think that's the true summer saga.

Matthew84!

I've seen Varane has the same agent as the manager for Madrid, however close it looks I think Madrid will buckle to his demands and we'll be left with looking foolish again.

Andersons Dietician

I wouldn’t exactly categorise Varane as a player who “step in”. May look like that in a highlight clip, but he is not the player who gets in to many duels like Maguire.
When I read that persons comment I was thinking the same thing but couldn’t be arsed getting in to a mass debate on the art of defending and how being aggressive isn’t always the best solution. Varane mostly uses his reading and pace to deal with things. He sweeps up, tidies up but wouldn’t say he is a front foot defender. Not like Maguire. Which wouldn’t be a good thing having two of him.

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
I've seen Varane has the same agent as the manager for Madrid, however close it looks I think Madrid will buckle to his demands and we'll be left with looking foolish again.
You must be fun at parties

Status
Not open for further replies.