Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

You're praising our squad depth

I'd be careful if I was you with how some people think our squad depth is non-existent
Depth is currently poor. Poster is enthusing about possible improvement to depth.

Varane and Trippier are good players who will improve squad depth in their positions.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Reports that we will be bidding this week (but not the asked-for amount). So expect this to be going on for about 360 days just like Sancho :devil:

oz insomniac

Reports that we will be bidding this week (but not the asked-for amount). So expect this to be going on for about 360 days just like Sancho :devil:
What, not trusting the dynamic duo to quickly agree and sign a player they have been chasing for months.Woody and Judge said, hold my beer , this could go on for a while until, it falls over. So many fluff pieces released to the press, and so little real action. Sounds familiar

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
............nearly there.................nearly there

Houdini

I am more excited about this than about Sancho deal to be honest.

A-man

Just the idea of having two defenders who step in and win balls on the front foot has me drooling. Seen enough of this passive backing off defending to last me a lifetime.
I wouldn’t exactly categorise Varane as a player who “step in”. May look like that in a highlight clip, but he is not the player who gets in to many duels like Maguire.

sillwuka

Very excited about a potential partnership with Maguire.

Admittedly he hasn't impressed me over the last few years but a new challenge could do him wonders, I think he would be a success here.

theklr

He is good at getting back for line breaking passes it seems, which Maguire really isnt

POF

But can he defend while saluting the grass? I don't think so.
It makes a great gif and everyone laughs but that was brilliant defending. He'd lost his feet and Giroud was clean through. He saved a certain goal.

Speako

50 million is a hefty fee but not that bad for a player as well established as he is. And 28 isn't that far from the age where a player who is reliant on pace could drop drastically in level, but on the other hand, given his accomplishments and pedigree, Varane, if he manages himself and adapts well, he could have a good 4-5 years more at the highest level.
And remember, we paid £80m for a centre back from Leicester, who had won nothing, had questionable pace, and was born one month before Varane

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
If we seriously get him (still think he will re sign with Madrid), is this the most muppetty window we have done? Would also love Trippier to come, think him on the right with Sancho would be Valencia/Nani style devastation

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we seriously get him (still think he will re sign with Madrid), is this the most muppetty window we have done? Would also love Trippier to come, think him on the right with Sancho would be Valencia/Nani style devastation
:lol:

Do you think Dortmund will refuse to negotiate and hold on to again this summer too?

Status
Not open for further replies.