Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughes35

Doesn't seem to be going away but also doesn't seem to be getting much nearer. I'd love this signing though.

If we can get a DM, Sancho, Varane and Trippier that is an excellent, excellent summer. The best I can remember for us.

SuperiorXI

Doesn't seem to be going away but also doesn't seem to be getting much nearer. I'd love this signing though.

If we can get a DM, Sancho, Varane and Trippier that is an excellent, excellent summer. The best I can remember for us.
The moon is actually moving away from the Earth at the rate of 3.78cm (1.48in) per year, at about the same speed at which our fingernails grow.

Matthew84!

Seems to of slowed now, lots of fuss and tweets this morning (in the UK) I guess it would be rude of him not to say goodbye to the players and staff after so long

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Seems to of slowed now, lots of fuss and tweets this morning (in the UK) I guess it would be rude of him not to say goodbye to the players and staff after so long
feck the players and staff we want the moons to align

Can7onA

It's bin day here and now I don't want to read too much into this but one of the bin men had his arse hanging out.

Basically a full moon.

JJ12

It's bin day here and now I don't want to read too much into this but one of the bin men had his arse hanging out.

Basically a full moon.
Bet that was a right sweaty, hairy moon

Rolaholic

'Varane returns to Madrid to pack his bags'

Varane has rejected Madrid's repeated renewal offers of 7M annual net after Alaba was given 12M annual net. The intention of the club is to sell him and have the leftover place covered by a youth squad member between Gila and Chust. Vallejo's departure after the Olympics is not ruled out.

Bogga

Read earlier about we should negotiate a fee in the coming hours... are those the famous 48 hours?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I'm pretty new to following transfer pages but whats the most amount of pages before a transfer was done?
Sancho 1342, and that's not including his thread this year or the other Sancho thread about him being worth 100m.

JJ12

I'm pretty new to following transfer pages but whats the most amount of pages before a transfer was done?
This one is weak - I’ll be disappointed if this doesn’t drag for 6 more weeks.

Rolaholic

Probably the 1500+ combined pages of all the Sancho threads

Think the Pogba thread was the first 1000+ page transfer thread iirc

Matthew84!

Thanks for the quick replies on that, hmm I don't see this one getting close to that, I didn't think one would get over 1000 tbh, I can't imagine the uproar towards the end.

Nori-

Are United holding up the Sancho confirmation as they want to announce him and Varane together?

It seems like it, because the "final paperwork" is taking quite a long time.

RedDF

Are United holding up the Sancho confirmation as they want to announce him and Varane together?

It seems like it, because the "final paperwork" is taking quite a long time.
It's likely that they're waiting for both to be confirmed so they can stagger the announcement and plan it. if we announce Sancho today and then 2 days later we see reports of Varane being a done deal, media engagement for Sancho will be drowned out.

Getting both through the door first and then controlling the communications is preferable from a media engagement perspective.

Then again that's just a theory.

GJNJ

Thanks for the quick replies on that, hmm I don't see this one getting close to that, I didn't think one would get over 1000 tbh, I can't imagine the uproar towards the end.
Transfers almost always go on for longer then you think. They are never as close as the tweets make it look. Negotiations can drag it out for weeks as they cool off for a while before going on with another offer.

If you’re easily frustrated then I would stay away from the transfer forum.

RUCK4444

I don’t think a simultaneous announcement will be done.

Surely that limits the exposure for either player, the idea is to maximise the marketing of each announcement usually.

I’m all for it but just think they will probably still be separate.

Strelok

Sancho, Telles, Cavani, Diallo, de Beek and now Varane.....

All players have 6 letters in their last name - surely not a coincidence, and a clear indication that Trippier and Camavinga are not targets.
By this logic our next manager should be Arteta, Zidane or Rooney :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.