Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
What an outstanding signing. It’s been rumored for a while but it’s still hard to believe it’s actually happened. Virgil aside, there isn’t a better CB on the planet than Raphael Varane.

At the risk of getting ahead ourselves, I’d still like to put out there the possibility of Pogba’s contract holdout having something to do with us finally bringing in would class footballers.
He's one of those players i've always heard other people talk about but hadn't actually seen him play until recently. Certainly didn't do enough in those few games i did see to be classed as the second best CB in the world.

He'll be a decent enough signing don't get me wrong

OleBoiii

Wait, is it actually about making the worst song? In that case:

Varane Varane Varane Varane Varane Cameleon

Siorac

Wait, is it actually about making the worst song? In that case:

Varane Varane Varane Varane Varane Cameleon
Anyone suggested 'Voyage Voyage' yet? It's even in French, perfectly fitting.

Au dessus des vieux volcans
Glissent des ailes sous les tapis du vent
Varane, Varane
Éternellement
De nuages en marécages
De vent d'Espagne en pluie d'équateur
Varane, Varane
Vole dans les hauteurs
Au dessus des capitales
Des idées fatales
Regardent l'océan
Edit: apparently, the 'De vent d'Espagne en pluie' part means from the winds of Spain to the rain which is perfectly fitting. Let's ignore the 'equator' part.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Since people liked it the first time I wrote it some weeks back:

Melody: The Pink Panther Theme

Varane, Varane
Varane, Varane, Varane
Varane, Varane
Raphael Varane
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Norris

Fab says Here we go after everyone has gone and got the news.
But aside from that, :drool: . Varane is a solid solid signing.

MrSingh2002

Yep! Last summer we signed back up players like VDB and Telles and they had zero impact. We all bemoaned the lack of strengthening in the first 11 but now they're really out done themselves.
Or you could say the competition for places brought the best out of Shaw and Fernandes for last season. There's a reason people say it takes a squad to win something.

Ole just doesn't use the squad enough and has never proven he knows how to successfully rotate players.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Best back 4 in the prem
I've seen a lot of those calls on social media, do we really think Lindelof was stinking up the place that much? Or is Varane going to make that big a difference?

We should definitely be better now that much is obvious but we should probably hold off calling our defence the best this or that. Leave that for the Chelsea fans ;)

Zed 101

for all the song creators is it pronounced ver-ar-ney not ver-ann could be wrong

lsd

The Oracle
Huge signing for us if we get it over the line.

Now though we need a better goalkeeper

Infestissumam

I've seen a lot of those calls on social media, do we really think Lindelof was stinking up the place that much? Or is Varane going to make that big a difference?

We should definitely be better now that much is obvious but we should probably hold off calling our defence the best this or that. Leave that for the Chelsea fans ;)
he'll make that big a difference. Think it's unfair to put all of the blame on Lindelöf, but adding Varane and the new set piece coach will have a huge impact.

Varane-Maguire is a world-class CB pairing and Shaw is the best LB in the league too. AWB has his deficits, but he's still solid. Hard to find a better back four.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Can’t wait till it’s officially official :drool:

And hope he brings that classy Bentley into Carrington as well
Ewwwwww no. People with class buy a Rolls, bentleys are for lotto winning chavs
And if you have no money like me you have a SEAT

pascal83

Another step in the right direction. And other rumors sound promising as well. Looking forward to the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.