Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Varane is one of my favourite defenders, but what happened 3 times in the box tonight is part of his weaknesses that might or might not be a problem in the PL.
That doesn’t sound too convincing…

I think he’s going to be great for us alongside maguire. We usually keep it tighter than France did tonight. Switzerland were class when you think about it. What a comeback. Great game for the neutral. If England beat Germany they’ll be favourites.

Bondi77

Thought he was Lindeloflike against the Swiss and bad Lindelof not good Lindelof.

croadyman

I will admit he was outjumped for that Swiss second goal but still want us to sign him and that isn't going to change just because his country have suffered one of the biggest shocks in international football ever

Judas

Open to offers
Of course now loads of people don't want him :lol: genuinely so not so surprised by SadCafe, so reactionary. People saying he's the same level as bloody Lindelof now. Varane was never perfect, he's got his faults, but he's an instant upgrade over that lad.

Don't judge players during international tournaments, its a snap judgement based on such a small sample size, you'll often end up looking like a mug.

Mylock

Of course now loads of people don't want him :lol: genuinely so not so surprised by SadCafe, so reactionary. People saying he's on the same level as bloody Lindelof now. Varane was never perfect, he's got his faults, but he's an instant upgrade over that lad.

Don't judge players during international tournaments; it's a snap judgement based on such a small sample size; you'll often end up looking like a mug.
I agree with you on not judging players on only tournament form. Varane from the last two years has deteriorated. He would be an upgrade on what we have got at the moment, but if he continues this rate of decline, then we would be in trouble.
I'm still very much undecided on who would be the best option between torres and varane.

Reactions: Sultan

yamo123x

I still think there is only a very very slim chance he comes to us. We’ve been here before, so many times .. he willl be in Madrid or Paris next season IMHO

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Really has lost a lot of pace. But very experienced. Won’t improve us though, unfortunately. But get him anyway for the next manager.
He has but still showed great recovery pace v Embolo who is quick and once more after a poor clearance by himself in extra time.

Morpheus 7

France getting knocked out should speed this up, I think we'll know what his plan is in the next week.

Brophs

The One and Only
All that remains to be done is agreeing to give a 28 year old player who has been on the wane for a couple of years a four or five year contract at around £15m a season.

Any moment now.

Ryan_

For what it's worth, @ElChiringuitoTV, the same source claiming a total agreement between United & Real Madrid, also posted that Varane has no desire to leave Madrid this summer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Really not sure about this. Think we'll look back on it as a very expensive mistake.

Well, not necessarily a mistake but I'm not convinced he's any better than Maguire.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
All that remains to be done is agreeing to give a 28 year old player who has been on the wane for a couple of years a four or five year contract at around £15m a season.

Any moment now.
I’d rather a one legged blind Varane than the melted ice cube beside Neven Maguire

lysglimt

Scout
He is the best defender available in my opinion - I just don't see the problem.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’d rather a one legged blind Varane than the melted ice cube beside Neven Maguire
I was being facetious and haven’t watched enough of him to be sure but equally it’s not like those are the only two options.

diarm

Really not sure about this. Think we'll look back on it as a very expensive mistake.

Well, not necessarily a mistake but I'm not convinced he's any better than Maguire.
A defender as good as Maguire, for half (or maybe a little over half) the price? Yes please.

The Viper

Will be immense to get him. He's is better than lindelof and any of the other targets we have been linked with this season. A back four of AWB Varane Maguire and Shaw looks pretty solid on paper. Don't get why people are worried about this.

PoTMS

Varane is a very good centre back and would complement Maguire well IMO. Don't let the Euros fool you. He's not perfect but he's far better than any other realistic (and affordable) option I can see.

diarm

Probably. But for that kind of money is that not a very expensive upgrade?
Is the money being talked about not around 10m more than Lindelof cost? For a guy who has won pretty much everything over the past decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.