Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-man

Tbh I couldn't recall anything about him being outpaced by a Chelsea player. If you're talking about the first goal it was Nacho's fault I think. He lost his man and let Pulisic sneaked behind Varane, while Varane was keeping an eye on Werner. Nacho is known for being slow anyway. Sure thing the Madrid defense looked a bit shaky that night but imo it's largely because Ramos wasn't there to organize it.

He's only 28 yo should be in his very prime, kinda weird if he has lost his pace, even a bit.
I think he’s lost a bit of his pace. He’s still fast though. When it comes to prime; Varane has been one of my favourite CBs and I’ve followed his career since he moved to Madrid. But I somewhat have the feeling that when we look back at his career, we will it peaked before 28 rather than after.

432JuanMata

He’s already 28 and pace is one of his strong points. Unlike Sancho, this isn’t one that can wait until next year.
I agree. See people focus on defenders mistakes and yeah he has a few but no defender in the world doesn’t. But he is the perfect player beside Maguire as he is more pacey and I think they will match up so well but only if it’s done this window

zizou81

Let's do a Hazard and pay €80 for him.

You muppets are insane.

RM need to sell, we can drag this.
No we cant. We need him to properly train with maguire. Whats the point if we lose the season after first month cuz our transfers dont have time to train with the team.

peridigm

No we cant. We need him to properly train with maguire. Whats the point if we lose the season after first month cuz our transfers dont have time to train with the team.
Maguire is in Greece pounding pints on a yacht. Varane is getting fit. Plenty of time for them to link up in a couple of weeks.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Let's do a Hazard and pay €80 for him.

You muppets are insane.

RM need to sell, we can drag this.
Solskjaer has said that the first 5-6 matches are important if we want to win the league.

And what if Chelsea offers 50-60m for him.....maybe his wife prefers London if she has to move to England.

This is now a massive chance to sign Varane.....the situation could change so fast in 2-3 weeks.
Msssive injury to Alaba or Militao and then Varane must stay.

We could already have sold Lingard, Pereira and Dalot for 25m if we wouldn't ask for stupid money for our bench players.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You can't blame him. Put yourself in his situation. RM won't delay their training schedule just because one player's future is unclear. The negotiation could fall apart anytime knowing how Perez does his transfer drama. If you were him, you'll come to train as well. If he ends up staying no supporters will abuse him and if he ends up leaving, he does it in a way that is respectful towards his old club and still getting the move he wanted. Win win situation. Not every player is a drama queen that throws his toy around if he doesn't get the transfer he wants.

Strelok

I think he’s lost a bit of his pace. He’s still fast though. When it comes to prime; Varane has been one of my favourite CBs and I’ve followed his career since he moved to Madrid. But I somewhat have the feeling that when we look back at his career, we will it peaked before 28 rather than after.
I'd doubt so, looking at his injury record there's nothing serious.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/raphael-varane/verletzungen/spieler/164770

But there's Rooney so tbh I've no idea.

Actually nowaday very very few professional players start to lose their legs at a young age without a serious injury. Most seems to start at 31 or 32 yo or even older given how advanced the current sportive science and fitness methods are. The players also seem to be more professional and take much better care of their body.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Semi as if you've already lit the Gwyneth Paltrow "this smells like my flaps" candle and charged up the neon sign that says "we validate parking", but you haven't clicked your fingers to have the mariachi band start playing, the guy who stands at the foot of the bed applauding your performance is still covering himself in butter and your missus is only one leg in to her unicorn costume so a full on throbber would be premature at this point.
Strangely specific but ok… (changes locks on house)

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
You can't blame him. Put yourself in his situation. RM won't delay their training schedule just because one player's future is unclear. The negotiation could fall apart anytime knowing how Perez does his transfer drama. If you were him, you'll come to train as well. If he ends up staying no supporters will abuse him and if he ends up leaving, he does it in a way that is respectful towards his old club and still getting the move he wanted. Win win situation. Not every player is a drama queen that throws his toy around if he doesn't get the transfer he wants.
Rightly said, by all account he's been as professional as possible and that's one good treat about him, one of the first to show up for trainings and on of the last to go, i remember back days when CR7 was stiil a RM player, there's this article i read about how He would stayed back to do extra defensive work against Ronaldo because he wanted to improve his game.

WPMUFC

So are we freaking out over Varane training and just completely overlooking Maguire was playing tour matches before his transfer? :lol: :rolleyes:

lysglimt

Scout

Actually nowaday very very few professional players start to lose their legs at a young age without a serious injury. Most seems to start at 31 or 32 yo or even older given how advanced the current sportive science and fitness methods are. The players also seem to be more professional and take much better care of their body.
Not to mention Jan Mølby - the only time he was running after 25 was when he jogged up to take a penalty. Rest of the time he never moved out of the center circle :)

A-man

I didn’t mean he had any big injuries or so, this was only based on my own observations. And hopefully I’m wrong, but as I wrote I’m worried that he has already peaked his career.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
''already peaked'' :lol: I guess Maguire has already peaked as well then because both are on the same age. Rio Ferdinand won the double and played 51 games in that season in his 30. 28 is known as the prime age of centre back.

Strelok

Consistently turning up a fastest top speed than Varane year in year out actually :lol:
Tbh that's new to me but someone has explained above top speed doesn't mean much in football. It's rather how fast the player can be in the first 5-10m that counts I think.

Whenever I watch Nacho I always feel he's really slow and some people I talked to also think the same. Maybe I'm wrong I hardly watch Madrid anyway.

I didn’t mean he had any big injuries or so, this was only based on my own observations. And hopefully I’m wrong, but as I wrote I’m worried that he has already peaked his career.
Let's hope it's not the case if we sign him then :)

Jacob

Real's average age must be really high. Sucks to be them when players don't want to play for you anymore. Ramos, Bale, Varan etc...

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
He won’t kick up a fuss. Madrid don’t have a replacement internally lined up of a similar level. I hear a contract renewal.

Ollie Derbyshire

Would be huge to get this one over the line, we need to get it done. No issue with him training with Madrid now, shows he’s an honourable guy.

Would be a big statement alongside Sancho.

Fooza

It's the united way to make sure we reach at least 1k pages before this is done dealio

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
We finally got fed up and announced Sancho, thereby abandoning plans for a double unveiling. Must mean the club are losing faith. Murtough out.

Jericholyte2

Ole would surely want him in before, or at the same time as the internationals come back for pre-season, it would be daft to cause disruption over a few million.

When do Rashford et al come back to training?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole would surely want him in before, or at the same time as the internationals come back for pre-season, it would be daft to cause disruption over a few million.

When do Rashford et al come back to training?
That's the thing though the French lads are now back for pre-season, Varane's now back at Madrid, Pogba's back at Carrington.

You always want your players back for the first day of pre-season but with the Euro's the next best date is when they return from their holidays.

As someone else pointed out Maguire did a full pre-season with Leicester before playing his first game for us in the first game of the season so I guess that's the next milestone for this deal - make sure Varane is done by the Leeds game. I really hope this doesn't drag on till deadline day

Status
Not open for further replies.