Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DON’T PANIC ™

This whole saga is a fabrication by the press and used by the player himself to get the best possible contract. I can’t get enthusiastic about this at all.
When was the last time RM lost a player they wanted to keep?

mu4c_20le

C’mon now, It was no secret Ronaldo was leaving. He’d fallen out with Perez and the new manager.
So did Messi... There's no way they willingly wanted to sell the best player in the world though

But yeah, it's Ronaldo, different animal etc

sp_107

We were ready to pay 100M for him 2 years back and he is now only 28, I know he got one year left but why cant we pay 50M and get it done? He is worth more than that.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Tbh that's new to me but someone has explained above top speed doesn't mean much in football. It's rather how fast the player can be in the first 5-10m that counts I think.

Whenever I watch Nacho I always feel he's really slow and some people I talked to also think the same. Maybe I'm wrong I hardly watch Madrid anyway.

Let's hope it's not the case if we sign him then :)
Yeah top speed doesn't say much, was more a point about Nacho "being known for being slow". Literally the one thing he's known for is that he's one of the fastest CBs in the league :lol:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I
This whole saga is a fabrication by the press and used by the player himself to get the best possible contract. I can’t get enthusiastic about this at all.
User name doesn’t check out. :confused:

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.

Positive right? They would be breaking it everywhere if he wanted to stay

Redlyn

We were ready to pay 100M for him 2 years back and he is now only 28, I know he got one year left but why cant we pay 50M and get it done? He is worth more than that.
We actually have no clue what's holding the transfer up.

Tony247

You lack the positivity of Corporal Jones.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
They'd be breaking it everywhere either way if they knew what had been said
I think the point is that Madrid will know what was said and if it was news that favoured them, we would know what was said.

Paranoid Android

If we do pull out of a deal because the fee is too high, I just hope we have a good backup option lined up. Can’t stomach going into the next season with the Lindelof and Maguire partnership again.

worldinmotion66

I thought they wanted 70m? I like the way that we're negotiating transfers these days. It's about time we paid a fair price, we've been absolutely rinsed during Woodward's tenure.

Fooza

Just a reminder - Neil Custis said by the end of this week we'd have Varane and Trippier

Can we now say he's full of shite?

Giggsy13

We’re going to drag this one out it seems and lose an opportunity to add midfield reinforcements.

ElectroManiac

This will take a bit longer that we would like to, but it will get done at the end. We are just making sure to get the best price possible. I think it will get done for around €55m.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Breaking news: "Club doesn't pay asking price on first negotiation" :lol: :rolleyes:
Considering our negotiators then we'll probably settle for 62m instead. A win win for both.

Schnappo

History would say you're probably correct but I do feel it's different this time around. Real Madrid aren't exactly at the peak of their powers right now; they're not in a strong financial position, their squad is really in need of an overhaul and they look quite someway off challenging for the top honours at the moment. Their short term future (1-3 years) doesn't look particularly bright. He apparently has a desire to play in the Premier League at some point and it seems like everything is aligning for that to happen, and realistically, it's probably now or never for him.

I think he wants us. :devil:

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
‘JUST IN’ :lol:

We’ve known this all along.

Might as well add that Madrid aren’t willing to lose him for free next summer. Which is why we’ll get him for about €50m
I also thought United werent even going to make a bid until Varane agreed personal terms with us?

Lemansky

Considering our negotiators then we'll probably settle for 62m instead. A win win for both.
If we use Sancho as an example it will be 20-30% down from the original asking price. So many experts on negotiating of football transfers here. It’s probably easier on Football Manager than in real life. The criticism towards our club is weird. Damned if you do and damned if you don’t. There are so many things one could criticise on our ownership, negotiating and getting a better deal should not be one.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Breaking news: "Club doesn't pay asking price on first negotiation" :lol: :rolleyes:
They want us to pay 60m? Since we are prepared to offer 45m.. I think we will close this deal next week as we are not that far off. That ofcourse if 45m report is true

Lemansky

Like we did with Sancho?
It does not suit there agenda. I swear some on here would love us to pay Dortmund’s full price because it would suit their weird world view that prices on football players are fixed.

redrobed

Stop being so stingy and just give them the extra 10m. Arsenal are paying 50m for White and he only plays for Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.